“Awesome!”

Ranked #47 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We just stayed here this past weekend, august 4-6. The hotel is on top of the hill, around 15-minutes away from white beach, but you don't have to worry because they have shuttle that leaves the hotel and picks up guests at D*mall every hour. The place is cozy and i love the ambiance and the mediterranean style of the building. This is the place you would want to stay if you don't like the noisy and crowded white beach. There's free breakfast buffet. The staff are really nice. The only downside is that there is no lift and our room is on the 3rd floor so we have no choice but to take the stairs. The water on the bathroom is not too strong and the airconditioning is not that cold. But that is really not a big issue since the weather is not too hot and it's raining most of the time. Also, last shuttle leaves D*mall at 10:15pm, so if you have to comeback at the hotel late then you can ride a tricycle (fare is 150php) and you don't have to worry because it's safe. This hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 1st floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was so impressed that very kind staff.
Hotel is far away from White beach. But, They run shuttle bus at set time.
Most of all, like peacefulness atmosphere.

Thank u for your kindness!
See u next winter again.

• Stayed April 2013
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have just had 4 nights staying in this lovely, mediteranean style hotel. Its a well designed hotel, with views both sides of the island, and stunning sunsets over the infinity pool. the staff are friendly and well trained. There is a free hourly shuttle to white beach, it was a wonderful oasis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sarahantrim
Iloilo, Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Sometimes you find the most amazing thing, in the most unexpected places.
One of my favorite vacation places this year is Hotel Soffia at White Beach Boracay, because of the people, the infinity pool and the beach (though it's far away from the hotel) - of course - and the architecture so wonderful especially the rooms. Staff mostly are Ilonggos and so it's easy for me to communicate with them. I got a chance to talk with other guests from other countries. I bet they love also the ambiance, very laid back and peaceful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bob S
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was staying in this hotel for 4 nights from April 30 to May 4th and I will definitely come back here again. It is true, location is a bit far from the beach. But, believe me, everything is compensated by the very nice view from the top of the hill and extreme kindness of the staff. They were very polite. My little daughter felt so much comfort and warmness from them that she asked me to go back there again. Rooms are clean with much space and very nice view to the ocean. Pool is great and the view from the pool is like you are swimming next to the ocean. They have shuttles going to the DMall every hour, so all you have to do is just plan you schedule to be at the right time to catch the shuttle. Again and again my compliments to the staff for warm and extremely polite attitude to my family and to my daughter, in particular. Thanks guys and see you very soon!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Seouldog
Ventura, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

After one day of the craziness of White Sands Beach -- nobody tells you that you'll have people approaching you every three minutes to sell you popcorn, souvenirs, tours and sunglasses -- my husband and I decided to get away for our last night and wedding anniversary to the mountains of Boracay and chose this place because it is a small boutique hotel with a fabulous view of the ocean from its mountain top perch.

If you want the excitement of the beach life, Hotel Soffia might be a disappointment. It does have hourly buses that take you to the beach, about a ten minute or less drive, but we opted to stay there and eat our meals at the restaurant there. We quickly discovered that there was no place to go: I was hoping there would be hotel grounds to wander in, but since it's on a steep hill, there is the pool/restaurant area and there is your room. The pool area however, is stunning. It is lushly landscaped with a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the valley and the ocean below (and the Alta Grand across the canyon, a huge monstrosity that we were glad we opted not to stay at despite a recommendation to go there). The restaurant patio sits alongside the pool. I loved that you could look over the hotel walls and see baby goats eating grass on the hill on the other side. I didn't love that everyone in the valley started burning their trash at sundown. But that is something to expect in the Philippines.

Since it was our anniversary, we were actually really happy to be hanging out together at our room or sitting poolside. And the pool was clean, warm (after the surprisingly cold waters of the ocean) and fun to be in. It was a special moment to watch the sun set over the ocean below from the infinity pool. The feeling at the hotel was really low-key and the guests there were quiet and mellow. It felt very private to be there.

We liked our room. It was spacious and airy and clean and I liked the dark wood furnishings. It was just a beautiful space to hang out in. I suspect that we would have had a much nicer room and view if we had taken the room that they wanted us to have on the third floor, but I had a knee injury so my husband asked for us to be moved to the first floor. We still had a balcony with a beautiful view of the valley, only marred by another large hotel taking up space on the other side, but it was still very nice. The bed was comfortable and easy to sleep in. The bathroom was very nice with a rainshower head and a large and deep bathtub. They even gave us bubble bath with the plentiful bath amenities.

The only downside was that there is a strong chemical reek, from the finish on the furniture, most likely. It was almost enough for me to need to request being somewhere else since I started to feel nauseous from it. But I figured it would be a problem in all the rooms and spending some time in the fresh air helped me to acclimate so that I could ignore it and still have a good time.

The service was really great when we needed it. When we were shown to our room, I saw that there was a lot of dirt on the floor and in the tub in the bathroom and I asked our bellhop to get someone to clean it. To my surprise, he ran out into the hall and got cleaning supplies and did it himself. Also, later when we needed to re-up a cell phone we had borrowed, the staff went out of their way to figure out how to access the phone number from our phone since we didn't know it and to take us to a place where we could buy more minutes.

Where the service was surprisingly terrible was in the restaurant. We ate our meals in house since we had such a short time there and wanted to relax. For lunch I made the mistake of ordering a grilled cheese sandwich. We were the only ones there to eat and the waiter took our orders and brought my husband's food and then disappeared. He never brought my order. When he finally reappeared, I said where is my order and he said he thought I hadn't ordered anything. When I said I had ordered a grilled cheese, clearly, he had never heard of such a thing (although it's on the menu) and I am guessing assumed that I hadn't ordered because he didn't understand what I was saying. So that got cleared up and then he brought me my food and it was toasted bread with cold cheese in the middle. Since again, he didn't understand what I was saying, he sent the chef up to talk to me. I told him that the cheese needed to be grilled in order for it to be a grilled cheese sandwich and he said, "but we don't have Quik Melt Cheese, Mam." I said, "All cheese melts," but he really didn't get it, so I just had to chalk it up to the mistake of ordering American comfort food outside of America. I ordered a native dish for dinner and that was good.

We had issues with the service at dinner too, however. Again, an empty restaurant with two waitresses not doing much of anything. There was another couple from Europe dining next to us and we just watched with bemusement while, instead of attending to our needs like bringing our drinks or condiments that we had asked for, both waitresses were bending over backwards to wait on the other table even though they had already finished their meal. And then they left and the waitresses both disappeared! It was to the point where we felt we needed to complain to the management about it. They took off the service charge, but really, they could have done more than that because it kind of ruined our anniversary dinner.

Other than that, we had a memorably enjoyable experience at the Hotel Soffia. We wanted quiet, peacefulness and beauty and we got that there. The breakfast in the morning was ok with some variety. I imagine that more than a couple of mornings of their offerings would get boring, but we were happy with it.

When we needed to be dropped off at the ferry, we were not charged for it and they also offered to pick us up from the beach for no charge when we arrived. Over all, we were happy with our choice to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Pablo City, San Pablo, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff are amazing on this hotel they let us checkin early. Drop us off to the next hotel and eagerly assist us in any way. The room are nice but the aircondition is not that cool good thing they have fan. The breakfast buffet was great. We enjoyed the infinity pool overlooking the sea since this hotel is located hillside. The shuttle service is non airconditioned unlike other hotels and the service road going up the hotel is rough. A secluded hotel with shuttle service to the beach every hour.

Room Tip: Ask a room near the cafe since no wifi is available inside the room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple