“Great budget hotel”

Ranked #101 of 171 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Melbourne
“Great budget hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is relatively new but is great if you're looking for budget accommodation in a central area.
The staff are super friendly and the owners are awesome. They even let my friend and I join in on their staff christmas party :)
It is located on the main road behind White beach and is a 2 minute walk down to the beach and 30 sec walk to D'mall. Although it's on a main road, you can't hear any noise in the bedrooms from the street.
Pros: clean modern rooms, wifi, good food, great staff, great location, good price, good prices for island activities
Cons: walls are a bit thin and can hear noise from other areas of hotel, no window to outside

I would stay here again when I'm back in Boracay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hila K

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to Boracay alone last Dec 23-26 to celebrate the holidays by myself. I initially plan of choosing a non-beachfront hotel, away from the hustle and bustle of White Beach. I decided to book my stay in Island Nook due to the nice reviews I read from those who have stayed there.

Here's what I have to say:

Location - perfect! Few steps away from D Mall which makes u in the middle of everything. Accessible to restos, the beach, tryk stands, drug store, grocery.

Rooms - very clean and minimalist! Comfort rooms are spacious and clean and they have bidets installed :) bedsheets smell good. ACs work well and they also have a flat screen TV.

Value - I was lucky that I found a room to stay during the holidays. The room I had was cheap at 2300 per night considering the dates I was there. They offer low rates during low season :)

Service - staff are friendly. They smile and greet u as soon as u step in to that mini resto where you can avail of your free breakfast :) I also had no issues transacting with them for my payments and transfers as they respond quickly even through text.

2 things they can improve on:

WIFI signal is weak in room 16 (good thing I have my own data plan)

The eggs they cook for breakfast are soggy.

Over-all, I will definitely stay here again and would strongly recomment it to my friends.

Try it, u won't regret it :)

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank toysytoys
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Went here last year for a vacation with my friends. They have the friendliest staff and they really make your room as clean as possible as if it's always the first night of your stay. The cost is also so cheap compared to the other hotels that we're search and reasonable for the quality they've shown us. I'll be coming back in Boracay this year and will stay with this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you love the quiet, this is the place. It is not beach front so if you want to see the beach and be near the party places, definitely not for you. But the rooms are comfy and clean, cable is topnotch (i was able to watch the pacquiao-magarito(??) fight live there). area is in between station one and two so not bad. budget-friendly. recommended. about 5 minutes walk to get to the beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The sink is quite amazing, it's like a Pyrex bowl!, the bath room with a small glass window is also unique to this hotel. Though the room where we stayed at wasn't as comfortable as we expected, we didn't have a hard time sleeping. We also enjoyed the breakfast that came with the rooms we booked.

Room Tip: Book rates with bfast included. All rooms look the same so I wouldn't give any further tip on ho...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank JtagTripAd
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed October 29, 2012

When we booked this trip to Boracay, we had a difficult time looking online for a quality hotel to stay. I'm glad we found this when we tried walking in.

No extravagant hotel facade, no swimming pools and it is not even at the beach front. It is just a simple budget-friendly hotel where you can sleep soundly after a tiring day in Boracay. Their staff are accommodating and prompt. The free breakfast are outstanding, there are variety to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here last Oct 2012. We booked it offline day before our arrival in Boracay, luckily they replied quickly. The staffs are very accommodating, you can even ask for ice and service water during wee hours. The security is good, they have cameras wherein they can monitor alleys so you'll feel safe even if you're on the 2nd floor. Haven't tried their kebabs/persian foods but the free breakfast is good and tasty.The rooms are clean, but i think it would be better if they'll add additional hooks to hang clothes and additional side tables on their single standard room.The bed is soft, the linens and walls are pure white, no stains or marks. The aircon is good, although sometimes I need to wake up in the middle of the night just to turn off the aircon because its too cold. Island Nook is located in front of the main road, just 10 minutes away the beach front thru D'Mall. It is near the convenience store, banks and clinic so no need to worry if you need something. You can pay thru credit card/debit card if you're checking out so no need to withdraw for that. TWO THUMBS UP to this place. Will definitely book this place again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple