“Really good stuff and suprisingly bad at a beautiful property” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown Regency Beach Resort Boracay

Crown Regency Beach Resort Boracay
Ranked #101 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Seattle, Washington
“Really good stuff and suprisingly bad at a beautiful property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

One thing you see and hear is employees from door men to cleaning personal greeting you every where. The special touches like a chance to have your picture with a lion in the lobby is both fun, unique and scary. Kids may need to stay away. Aquarium and swimming with the fish as well as a surfing pool and water slides and convention center gives it a robust uniqueness.
Now the bad stuff. You almost need to have a GPS when you first get there and for some it is confusing to get to your room. Hot water in the shoer takes about 5 minutes to get hot and that is when sink and bathtub are going full blast on hot. Their wireless sucks. I had about 20 times over 4 days
I could not get on and the 6 power outages one night did not help either.
One morning I asked for a wake up call and never got one.
Went to great buffet breakfast but we had to ask their wait staff to set a table for us. There was a large convention there at the time but 9am a busier time then they planned for.
Location a two block walk to the beach is great and the street vendors are not very obnoxious.
Iy was January 2014 not high season. I expected more

Room Tip: Dont face the pool as it is very noisey during the day but quiet at night. It is open 8 am - 8 pm
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank twsplace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I am writing to inform you of our dissatisfaction with the accommodation and service given to us by Crown Regency Boracay.

My family and I stayed at Crown Regency Hotel, Boat Station 2, Main Road, Barangay Balabag, Boracay Island Malay, Aklan with my wife and two sons from December 27 to December 29, 2013.

We arrived at this hotel from Manila via Kalibo and Caticlan past 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 27, 2013. Upon checking in at the front desk, we were told that our rooms are still being cleaned. It was almost 3:30 p.m. when we finally ushered in to our rooms. At first, everything in our rooms seems fine and everything seems to be working. We left our rooms to have dinner at around 4:00 p.m. It was approximately 6:00 p.m. when we arrived back in our rooms to rest after dinner and realized the air-conditioning systems in both our rooms were not functioning and the bathroom sink in the room where my wife and I stayed is clogged. I immediately called the front desk to let them know of these problems and I was told they will send the maintenance people right away. After waiting for half an hour and nobody showed up, I called again and was told that somebody should arrive in our rooms soon and not to worry. In the meantime, we opened our patio doors to let some air in while trying to get some rest. At this time, we wanted to leave our rooms to explore Boracay but at the same time want to make sure that the air-conditioning systems for both rooms are working when we come back to our rooms later that night. After waiting a couple of hours, I went to the Front Desk and asked to talk to the shift supervisor. I told the supervisor that we were waiting for two hours and nobody came to our rooms to fix the a/c and sink problems. He told me to wait and he will radio the maintenance people. After another 30 minutes, the a/c for both rooms was working again and the sink unclogged. I was told they needed to add Freon to the a/c to work.

It was already 8:30 p.m. when we finally able to leave our rooms to explore Boracay. When we came out of our rooms, the hallways going towards the hotel lobby were very dark (no lights whatsoever). We were literally taking baby steps to make sure we didn’t slip or fall since the hallways have steps and slopes. Unfortunately on the way back to our rooms, the hallways are still dark and one of my sons stumbled and hurt his leg.

It was the morning of December 28 when I was able to get a hold of the hotel shift supervisor and mentioned to her all the issues we have had with our rooms and most especially the hallways being so dark at night. She told me she is aware of the hallways being dark and she will try to get the lighting fix right away. But in the meantime, she asked if we can move to different rooms closer to the lobby, since a lot of guests checked out that day, to make sure we won’t encounter the same problem in case the hallways lighting are not fixed. At around 2:30 p.m. they were able to move us to different rooms.

As soon as my wife and I entered our room, I started to brush my teeth and found out the bathroom sink is clogged. It’s a good thing our room hallway has a sink and that’s where I continue brushing my teeth. I immediately reported this problem to the Front Desk. When we came back to our room that night after wandering around the island, the bathroom sink seemed fixed. The sink does not clog up anymore but this time the water is leaking from the pipe underneath the sink whenever you turn on the water. Frustrated, I gave up and just put the bathroom trashcan underneath the sink to catch the water leaks.

On December 29, our check out date, I went to the desk at 1:00 p.m. to check out (I have an approved late check-out) since we have scheduled a hotel van to take us to the Port at 1:30 p.m. Upon checking out, I was told by the desk clerk to have a sit as they need to inspect the rooms first before they can check us out. After sitting for about 10 minutes, I asked the clerk if they are done inspecting the rooms, she told me since my family are still in the rooms that they will not be able to inspect the rooms. I told her I wish somebody would have told me that since I’ve been waiting for 10 minutes already. I immediately called my wife and told them to vacate the rooms. I waited another 15 minutes and still the desk clerk told me they are not through with their inspection. This time I asked to talk to the supervisor and she volunteered to go to the rooms herself to check them out. After waiting in the lobby for another 10 minutes, I went up to the rooms and finally asked the supervisor what is taking them too long to check since the rooms have no mini-bars and the rooms are not that big. She told me they just want to make sure we didn’t leave any personal belongings in the rooms. It was 1:45 p.m. already (45 minutes) after I asked to check out and we finally were given a green light to depart. This is contrary to what the hotel is advertising on it's website on expedited checkout.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank DAN M

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Worst breakfast. Cornflakes / cereal left open in a big bowl looses its freshness and crispiness. Fruits are not fresh. Juice are made from concentrated powder. Worst, flies are all over!!
Will never go back. Lots of hotels way better and cheaper than this hotel.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank asb_9theTraveller
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed with my family in this hotel for 3 nights and 4 days last December 30, 2013-January 2, 2014. I booked 3 rooms and arrange a hotel transfer for us not to be hassle. Since the hotel location is in the beach front we need to take 6 minutes walk form the highway going to the hotel, it's just okay to me since they provide a cart for our luggage. We arrived at the hotel around 12:58 check-in time is fast and takes only a couple of minutes, actually the receptionist informed us that 2 pm is the standard check-in time ( a keen observer as they felt too that were to tired especially my mom and dad need to rest too). Boracay sunset is so amazing:), the hotel also provide beach bed with umbrellas, the staff were so helpful as they always look for my mom every time she went on the beach and to borrow the towels. Their breakfast was okay. They have kids pool, infinity pool and jacuzzi too

I truly enjoyed my stay with my family on this hotel, nice location and very hospitable staff.
Planning to go back this year end again. See you again Crown Regency!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Not a beach front hotel, but near enough to the beach and rooms were nice. But the staff were unaccomodating and took too long to do anything.

We had to wait 1.5 hours to get checked in even though we arrived past the checkin time, and for checkout, it took them so long that we just left without waiting for their go signal.

There was construction at the time of our stay, and they didn't even block off the area so you had to walk by gawking workers in your swimsuit.

It's generally too big with too many people, and not enough staff to attend to all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank spirit_child84
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in their penthouse for 4 nights in Station 3. The space was adequate but nothing grand. The room had two windows which had heavy curtains and there was no natural light coming in. The room looked clean but as soon as I started walking barefoot, I felt sand under my feet. The floors were not adequately cleaned. The bathroom was beautiful with granite walls and floor except that the ceiling was leaking. We had issues with the door and the AC not turning on that they immediately fixed.

The swimming pool on the second floor looked so unhygienic with mold and mildew on the tiles and grout. The glass wall facing the beach looked so nasty you can hardly see clearly through it. Their little garden grew only weeds and the bar next to the pool was nonfunctional. This hotel has so much potential but appeared not well maintained.

It is in a nice location if you want to rest as it is less loud than in Station 2 and close to motorcycle rentals. My husband and I rented motorcycles for a day to tour the whole island. It is so tiny you won't ever get lost and everybody for the most part speaks English so you can ask for directions easily. Crime is low so it is safe but use caution and common sense and not put yourself in situations where you could harmed. Do not fill the tank of the motorcycle because you will hardly use half going around and around the area and gas costs as much as it does in the US. After riding for hours we barely used a quarter of the tank and returned the bikes over a half full of gas when it was almost empty when we got them. I would get at least a 225cc as some of the unpaved roads look like dried up riverbeds. We drove to Puka Beach where they have cheap genuine stone trinkets e.g. Pearls, jade, etc. Do not buy them at the D'Mall since they will be 3-4 times more costly.

The breakfast buffet was horrible at this hotel and expensive for the food offered. They were cold when they could have been kept warm as they had nice food warmers and flies were buzzing by the hundreds. Moreover, their silverware and glasses were not adequately washed. Their dinner buffet was just as horrible. After we tried it our first night, we never came back. If you go to Boracay, eat at Regency Hotel in Station 2. They have the best buffets with great live entertainment including dancing chefs. Crown Regency and Regency Hotel are not affiliated. When you get to the Philppines, you will see for yourself which company has superior customer service, food, and accommodations.

The hotel also did not bother to protect its clients from jacked up prices of tours and activities by providing useful info. I was always approached by these "brokers" who always drop their prices down almost in half after some haggling. Yes I haggle just enough to get to a reasonable price where I am happy and they are happy.

Boracay is nice. I would not consider it world class. Some people bring their dogs to go walking along the beach and do not even pick their dogs poop up. Party is however happening constantly in Station 2 for the party animals.

There are also a lot of beggars in the area. It is sad when children use their infant siblings to beg for money. That is something that their local government should do something about if they want tourists to come back to Boracay.

We toured the island on a pump boat privately. The cost wasn't excessive. We were made to buy bread to feed the fish. When we got to the snorkeling area, we broke bread crumbs in the water and fish big and small came to feed. It was interesting. The corals look dead however. I have seen better. During the tour we also saw a cliff full of bats. It was interesting.

If I were to come back to Boracay, i will probably not be staying in their Penthouse. A regular room would suffice as they have little balconies while the penthouse doesn't allow for natural light! I got sucked into this Club Ultima timeshare with Crown Regency Hotels and I will have to stay at this hotel again if I wanted to come back and get free accommodations. They won't really be free...it's just marketing. They do have another hotel in station 1 that doesn't have great reviews either and they recently built a convention center that is not by the ocean. That I have not tried although I have tried their wave pool learning to surf and fell on my rear end at the shallow area and bruised by coccyx suffering from excruciating pain for a week. So another tip, please jump off the board and land on your feet if you are at the shallow area. Don't fall on your butt or you will surely regret it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple