“Run Down”

Crown Regency Beach Resort
Ranked #106 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in their penthouse for 4 nights in Station 3. The space was adequate but nothing grand. The room had two windows which had heavy curtains and there was no natural light coming in. The room looked clean but as soon as I started walking barefoot, I felt sand under my feet. The floors were not adequately cleaned. The bathroom was beautiful with granite walls and floor except that the ceiling was leaking. We had issues with the door and the AC not turning on that they immediately fixed.

The swimming pool on the second floor looked so unhygienic with mold and mildew on the tiles and grout. The glass wall facing the beach looked so nasty you can hardly see clearly through it. Their little garden grew only weeds and the bar next to the pool was nonfunctional. This hotel has so much potential but appeared not well maintained.

It is in a nice location if you want to rest as it is less loud than in Station 2 and close to motorcycle rentals. My husband and I rented motorcycles for a day to tour the whole island. It is so tiny you won't ever get lost and everybody for the most part speaks English so you can ask for directions easily. Crime is low so it is safe but use caution and common sense and not put yourself in situations where you could harmed. Do not fill the tank of the motorcycle because you will hardly use half going around and around the area and gas costs as much as it does in the US. After riding for hours we barely used a quarter of the tank and returned the bikes over a half full of gas when it was almost empty when we got them. I would get at least a 225cc as some of the unpaved roads look like dried up riverbeds. We drove to Puka Beach where they have cheap genuine stone trinkets e.g. Pearls, jade, etc. Do not buy them at the D'Mall since they will be 3-4 times more costly.

The breakfast buffet was horrible at this hotel and expensive for the food offered. They were cold when they could have been kept warm as they had nice food warmers and flies were buzzing by the hundreds. Moreover, their silverware and glasses were not adequately washed. Their dinner buffet was just as horrible. After we tried it our first night, we never came back. If you go to Boracay, eat at Regency Hotel in Station 2. They have the best buffets with great live entertainment including dancing chefs. Crown Regency and Regency Hotel are not affiliated. When you get to the Philppines, you will see for yourself which company has superior customer service, food, and accommodations.

The hotel also did not bother to protect its clients from jacked up prices of tours and activities by providing useful info. I was always approached by these "brokers" who always drop their prices down almost in half after some haggling. Yes I haggle just enough to get to a reasonable price where I am happy and they are happy.

Boracay is nice. I would not consider it world class. Some people bring their dogs to go walking along the beach and do not even pick their dogs poop up. Party is however happening constantly in Station 2 for the party animals.

There are also a lot of beggars in the area. It is sad when children use their infant siblings to beg for money. That is something that their local government should do something about if they want tourists to come back to Boracay.

We toured the island on a pump boat privately. The cost wasn't excessive. We were made to buy bread to feed the fish. When we got to the snorkeling area, we broke bread crumbs in the water and fish big and small came to feed. It was interesting. The corals look dead however. I have seen better. During the tour we also saw a cliff full of bats. It was interesting.

If I were to come back to Boracay, i will probably not be staying in their Penthouse. A regular room would suffice as they have little balconies while the penthouse doesn't allow for natural light! I got sucked into this Club Ultima timeshare with Crown Regency Hotels and I will have to stay at this hotel again if I wanted to come back and get free accommodations. They won't really be free...it's just marketing. They do have another hotel in station 1 that doesn't have great reviews either and they recently built a convention center that is not by the ocean. That I have not tried although I have tried their wave pool learning to surf and fell on my rear end at the shallow area and bruised by coccyx suffering from excruciating pain for a week. So another tip, please jump off the board and land on your feet if you are at the shallow area. Don't fall on your butt or you will surely regret it.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cara L

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I traveled alone and a first timer in boracay island. The hotel location is very good, it is along the beach area of station 3. Hotel served daily buffet breakfast with egg and pancake stations. No need for me to look for a restaurant to eat breakfast because it is part of my hotel package.Hotel have an infinity swimming pool on the 3rd floor and a kiddie pool. I can use Jacuzzi for free of charge with prior reservation at the front desk area.Front desk staff are very friendly and approachable.They informed me during checked in time the services they offer.Housekeeping staff cleaned my room late on my 2nd day but it doesn't bothered me at all.Hotel have a bar set up in front where in i can drink my favorite cocktail drink.

There is also an on going picture taking in front of the hotel with a lion, tiger, snakes and cockatoo.I loved watching the animals especially the lion and a tiger(they are best friends forever). People could touch them just like an ordinary animals.

When i was about to leave the island the weather was very windy. Next time i will visit boracay during early summer time or Christmas season.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jam s
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me and my friend stayed in Crown Regency Beach Resort last June 2, 2013. We booked for 5 nights stay.Upon arrival the staff is very accommodating, have a fast check in process. the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. When we arrived, there were tiger, lion, python and cockatoo. I was surprised as I thought there were animal show on the hotel but I was wrong as the guests are allowed to take pictures with those animals, it's so amazing, they are friendly:)
The breakfast was good. The location of the hotel lies on the beach front. It's a great stay

Room Tip: it's nice to have a room with 1 queen bed and 1 single bed, but it might depends on the room ava...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

i love staying on this place... the ambiance is great, the food is great, the music band at night was great and i love the view of the beach every morning... it's a good thing that it is located at the front beach because we can easily go to the beach and have water activities... the breakfast buffet was good and they have courteous staff who assisted us very well...at night we can enjoy the cozy atmosphere together with the live band playing on the front beach...plus they have a pond where you can enjoy feeding and watching the fishes in there...

thank you for accommodating us very well... we'll surely come back next summer!!! see you!!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vallecrhissa
Reviewed June 8, 2013

me n my friends went to to their hotel just last week though summer already had ended we still went to boracay...it was really nice upon our arrival we arrange for a transfer and we were pick-up by their concierge who have entertained us on informing all the places and activities we can do in boracay ... upon our arrival at the hotel the front office on duty greeted us and assisted us to our check-in and with all our queries..by our 4nights of stay...I really enjoyed the ff. the animal picture taking it was so cool 1st in boracay, me n my friends arrange then an island hopping to their hotel we tour around the boracay island wherein we have relaxed,swim and seen beautiful sights, the room they gave us has a nice view of the beach...we then as well availed their lunch and dinner buffet...in which by dinner buffet there was a band serenading us and the vocalist was really great seems he's having a concert and that's for 299 you already have good food and good music...and we won't forget as well how nice was our room service in which upon are comeback at the hotel our room was already cleaned...I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends..for me our experience was great...we didn't regret it...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Georginamd
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Tonight we walked past this hotel and out the front of it they had a tiger on a leash, a large snake and a couple of cockatoos. The staff were creating a frenzy with the crowd and encouraging tourists to pay the equivalent of $6USD to have their photo taken with the tiger. I do not often write reviews BUT there is something very wrong with exploiting these animals in this way, a zoo is one thing, but this environment is far far from any sort of natural habitat. Do not stay at this hotel and support this type of animal cruelty.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mandy D
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Poor in everything! Very inconsistent booking and service. I hate this resort and will definitely not endorse it to my friends! Bad experience, bad service!

I was planning on staying at this hotel for a few days, but encountered poor service with booking. First, got directed to reservations that asked for me to leave a voicemail. Then had to call back and the hotel booked the room for me, only didn't send me confirmation email like they said they would so I had to follow up on that. When I got the confirmation email, I had to call to confirm the rate and asked them to send me an email, only I didn't heard back for days. So I called again and they couldn't locate my reservations and I was told that I had called the central line when I should call the "in house" reservations because that's where I apparantly booked through fyi in house and central reservations for this hotel are not on the same system). So made another call only to have a really rude girl on the other line. All the while, I am being charged long distance rate because their toll free line does not work. This experience was enough for me to cancel my reservations. First impressions are everything, and I was left with a bad one.

• Stayed: April 2013