“"my journey to boracay"”

Crown Regency Beach Resort
Ranked #99 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Makati, Philippines
“"my journey to boracay"”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

me n my friends went to to their hotel just last week though summer already had ended we still went to boracay...it was really nice upon our arrival we arrange for a transfer and we were pick-up by their concierge who have entertained us on informing all the places and activities we can do in boracay ... upon our arrival at the hotel the front office on duty greeted us and assisted us to our check-in and with all our queries..by our 4nights of stay...I really enjoyed the ff. the animal picture taking it was so cool 1st in boracay, me n my friends arrange then an island hopping to their hotel we tour around the boracay island wherein we have relaxed,swim and seen beautiful sights, the room they gave us has a nice view of the beach...we then as well availed their lunch and dinner buffet...in which by dinner buffet there was a band serenading us and the vocalist was really great seems he's having a concert and that's for 299 you already have good food and good music...and we won't forget as well how nice was our room service in which upon are comeback at the hotel our room was already cleaned...I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends..for me our experience was great...we didn't regret it...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Georginamd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Tonight we walked past this hotel and out the front of it they had a tiger on a leash, a large snake and a couple of cockatoos. The staff were creating a frenzy with the crowd and encouraging tourists to pay the equivalent of $6USD to have their photo taken with the tiger. I do not often write reviews BUT there is something very wrong with exploiting these animals in this way, a zoo is one thing, but this environment is far far from any sort of natural habitat. Do not stay at this hotel and support this type of animal cruelty.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mandy D

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Poor in everything! Very inconsistent booking and service. I hate this resort and will definitely not endorse it to my friends! Bad experience, bad service!

I was planning on staying at this hotel for a few days, but encountered poor service with booking. First, got directed to reservations that asked for me to leave a voicemail. Then had to call back and the hotel booked the room for me, only didn't send me confirmation email like they said they would so I had to follow up on that. When I got the confirmation email, I had to call to confirm the rate and asked them to send me an email, only I didn't heard back for days. So I called again and they couldn't locate my reservations and I was told that I had called the central line when I should call the "in house" reservations because that's where I apparantly booked through fyi in house and central reservations for this hotel are not on the same system). So made another call only to have a really rude girl on the other line. All the while, I am being charged long distance rate because their toll free line does not work. This experience was enough for me to cancel my reservations. First impressions are everything, and I was left with a bad one.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank NHADZ
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the location situated directly in front of the beach. The main lobby is an outdoor patio which also serves as the breakfast dining area and provides a nice place to sit under shade. It's the only location which has wifi. Rooms have cable connection internet. They also have an outdoor tent set up on the beach with live music and bar in the evenings. Very accessible to the beach and the main beach walking path with many tourists on the trail. If you walk down the trail for 15 minutes you will come across D Mall for loads of shopping and eating.

The room was very clean; bathroom, floor, and sheets. I noticed a slight smell from wet swim wear or humidity so i recommend opening the balcony window. I ate pizza in the room one night and put the leftover in the fridge but by next morning an army of ants appeared from nowhere.

On the third floor is the swimming pool and an outdoor shower to remove sand. A great place to relax and take pictures.

I took the plane to Kalipo Airport and then about an hour an a half shuttle ride to the main port. Then it's a 20 minute boat ride to Boracay. From there a about 15 minute bus/motorcycle ride to the hotel.

The beach has many locals who regularly solicit tourists.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank idrob2001
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The first thing that strikes you about this hotel is the location - its a fair walk from the main road, and yes the staff are there to help with the bags, but in the rain, it can be a long wet walk.
The transfers from airport to hotel location were well handled, met at the airport, and transfered to the boat and then a van to the hotel.
Once you arrive at the hotel proper, you see that its right on the beach, wonderful, but the access to the beach is made difficult by the screens spread along the beach to stop wind and rain. (More later)
We checked in smoothly, if a bit soulessly. However, next morning, the issues began. There was construction noise at 7 am (and again at 7pm for that matter). The offerings for breakfast are not good, and if you want toast they have to take your bread away to toast. (we found a better breakfast at the Sands next door, and cheaper too).
The water pressure and temperature in the shower was very variable. We had a leak from under the sink which I reported on day one - we still had the leak the day we checked out. Not sure, maybe they thought we liked it.
There is net in the rooms, but for the entire week stay it was out of action. There is Wifi in the lobby area, but that can be slow, if many are using it.
The staff we found generaly ok, although the front desk staff were a little vague about things, and especially about laundry when I inquired.
Laundry is done for you, return next morning, but we needed to ask several times for a laundry bag, and there appears to be no such thing as a slip to complete when you put the laundry in. I wrote the details on a letter head. However, its cheap, 80php per kilo. It was clean when it came back, but not very well ironed.
Now, you would think, located right on the beach, and subject to never ending sand ingress from peoples feet, that the rooms would be swept every day to remove the sand. Well, think again, our room was not swept once in the week we were there. I used a towel every day to sweep it from the traffic areas in the room to under the desk, and thats where it was when we left.
There are very few rooms with any decent view, and word of caution, due to the outside lift arrangement, and these being glass, some rooms look out onto the lifts, so you will need to ensure curtains are closed for any privacy.
There is a roof pool and one for toddlers too, which is a pleasant area, but can be windy when its really blowing hard.
One good thing I can say, is that the rooms have an Aussie power socket, so adaptors are not necessary.
Now, the screens on the beach. Most hotels are located along the nicest beach, but this also seems to be the weather side, because nearly all places have bamboo and plastic screens erected both along the beach and removeable ones that get placed in front of the hotels. Most businesses are open fronted, taking advantage of the weather, but paying the price when the weather is bad. The beach screens both restrict ease of access and are an eyesore on what is really a nice beach, but it appears are a necessary evil, and they all have them, so all are affected.
Overall, this hotel is just ok, from our wanderings along the beach, there appeared to be better ones in other areas, but without staying at them, appearances could be deceptive.

Room Tip: Dont get a room next to a lift shaft. Ask at check in to make sure you dont get one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MelbourneTravelmad
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Mari and I will stay on this hotel this coming august..after reading all of those previous reviews honestly I'm soo bothered and hesitant now with this hotel. But still I wanna give them a chance to prove sumthing. So I'll be back next month and write a review (I'll give an update realtime hegehehehe)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank WaMiTo
Brisbane
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Where do I start with this hotel.  Firstly a transfer was arranged from catlican airport for which I received a confirmation letter, arrived at the airport no transfer waiting.  Tried contacting the hotel on the telephone number the reservation agent could not help.  In fact the airport porter flagged down the hotel staff to provide the transfer, despite having the confirmation letter the hotel staff was reluctant to provide the transfer.

Stayed in the presidential suite, don't let the name fool you nothing presidential about it.  I have stayed in bigger standard rooms in my time. The room was not serviced properly everyday some days missing towels, rubbish not cleared and other days not cleaned at all until a call was made to reception.

During our stay an extension of the hotels was  been constructed no mention of this at time of booking or anywhere on their website.  The noise starts from 6am into the evening.  Due to the constructions the "infinite" pool was not working in fact I highly doubt there was any water circulating at all.  There was sand and pieces of coral on the bottom of the pool and remained there until we departed.

Speaking of departing my party had to leave a day earlier due to compassionate reasons, trying to receive any refund from the amount that had to be pre paid upon arrival was horrendous.  It involved multiple calls and trying to speaking to a duty manager who was not even on site. Finally after not only speaking to the duty manager, the general manger but also accounts manager they agreed to refund 1 nights accommodation. Upon checking out the next day of course no one had any idea in regards to the refund. In fact still awaiting the promised refund.

Be warned about this mismanaged property, there are much better options in Boracay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends