Roxon Apartments Boracay
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This Place is like a 3 minute walk to Boracay white Beach. These are Modern Apartments..from a studio to a 2 bedroom apartment...Prices in low season are cheap.
Internet is fast there. I believe the Owner who lives on site there is an Australian...Very nice man. Fully furnished Apartments..with i believe a 40" lcd tv. Full cooking facilities in it also.
I would certainly stay again. Had a great stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Best bed I ever had in Asia
quiet aircon, but blowing over bed
large room incl. kitchen
hotel gate looked after 6pm (but no safety box)
little to no smoking in hotel
balcony with 2 comfortable chairs
2 minutes walking to beach

no park around hotel
noise level: music and motorbike during day, floor to floor from other guest during night
"all floor wet" bathroom
depending on season, it is overpriced
Be aware that there is no full time reception, it is an apartment
Room is cleaned with dry broom only :-(

Tip from Steven I tested successfully:
Transfer from Caticlan Pier to Kalibo Airport (2 hours):
Instead of van for 175p/person, take large Ceres bus for 114p/person to Kalibo town Ceres bus terminal and then Trycle for 50p/special ride/5 minutes to airport.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomWorldTraveler
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed there for 3 nights at a studio apartment. The kitchen is nice with complete kitchen ware. We were so delighted with the 42" lcd tv with home theater but there was no remote control for the dvd player when we got there so we had to read the manual to change it from aux to dvd mode. The bathroom is nice with hot & cold shower. The closet with a sliding mirror door is very nice. The only thing I didn't like was the broken door knob. Unlocking the door took us a minute or two, everytime!
If you want a quiet place in Boracay, this is the place to be.
I would definitely recommend this place. Well i actually did!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Our first impression of this place was "oh no! get us out of here!". The interior decor is totally devoid of any taste - something out of the 80's and even then not the nice stuff. The view from the room consisted of the next door neighbour's living room and laundry... a dissheveled, eroded brick wall. The other window faced directly onto a cement wall. The slime-green coloured curtain didn't close properly without the aid of a safety pin... hmmm..

Since the hotel website describes the walk to beach as being "1 minute" we assumed it would be just over the path. Not so. It was about a 3 minute walk through some dirty, unattractive walkways populated by the locals... nice for observing the local lifestyle I guess but not exactly what you want to walk through in your swimming gear. After dark you have to unlock and relock the front gate with the key provided, which is a bit of a hassle but doable I guess. The apartments are mostly all upstairs and I don't think there is any elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage it's a bit of a haul. Another thing is that nobody seems to know where this place is, so you have to guide the tricycle drivers there. Fine once you know your way around, but more difficult when you're still trying to get your bearings.

The service was friendly but also very minimal - nobody is in reception after dark, which proved a bit inconvenient for us when my husband got sick and we needed some extra towels to keep his temperature down. Speaking of which, the towels provided consisted of 2 bath towels and that was it - no hand towels nor a foot towel for the bathroom. Considering the shower sprayed everywhere and the bathroom got soaked, this meant for a messy situation. When I asked for towels I was once refused, although when I pushed the point they were eventually forthcoming.

Internet here is not free but not too expensive either - I think they charge 120P per day. The connection isn't too bad by island standards. They have an oversized TV with sound system in each room - no idea why anyone would want this in a beach destination, but each to their own I guess.

It was nice to have a kitchen though and this is the only reason why I can think anyone would want to stay here. Food on Boracay is extremely overpriced and quite frankly not all that good for you so self catering is certainly not a bad idea. We're in alternative accommodation now and are much more comfortable, with an ocean view, for a comparable amount of money... but I do wish we could have the kitchen back... so I guess it's a matter of priority and compromise but I can't see us staying here again, because all in all the place is a bit depressing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beroccstar
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at Roxon apartments for a month with my husband and we had a wonderful holiday. The trike (taxi) were at the back door virtually so you don't have to walk far if that is your requirement. The restaurants and beach were 50 steps away to all the activities .
Great service by the manager and staff kept the units very clean.
We would love to get back to Borocay for the friendliness of the locals and the magnificent beach.

Elly Mcgar