There were quite a few people recommended this place on some web sites. Thus, when we decided to go to Boracay for our 2010 Sep holiday, I booked a 3-bedroom flat through xxboracayxxxxx,com. Although the sea view is spectacular, I would suggest you to think twice before you choose this place for your next stay because:
1. They charge additional 5% if you wish to pay by credit card.
At check out, we didn't have enough cash in hand and need to pay by credit card. They first claimed that their credit card machine is not working. We told them that they should be able to use authorisation form with our credit card info to collect money when the machine is back to function. Finally, they agreed to charge on our credit card but without informing us that there would be an additional 5% charge. We found out this when we signed the form. They said we booked through xxboracayxxxxx.com (booking agent) and the agent should already informed us. (The agent didn't "inform" us but only generally mentioned "some hotel may charge additional 5%" in the confirmation e-mail but NOT SAYING A WORD ABOUT IT IN THE HOTEL VOUCHER.) At the end, we paid additional 5% as we had no time to argue more in order not to further delay our departure. The check out process took us 40 minutes.
2. Poor equipment maintenance
There is no air conditioner in the most flats' living room. In the first flat we checked in, the phone was not working and no air con in the living room . So they moved us to the second flat and mentioned that EVERY unit has no air con in the living room. After 2 days, they called us and told us that they could move us to another flat with an air con in the living room so we moved but the Jacuzzi is not working and the water pressure was not stable. The water was even stopped at one point when we had a shower.
3. There were many many... mosquitoes and insects.
4. Out of walking distance to the beach front.
They only offered 4 shuttles at 9am, 12noon, 3pm & 6pm to D-Mall per day. Thus, basically we need to pay for every in and out. As the resort is up on the hill, we could not clean up ourselves immediately after swimming in the sea.
5. Some of the staff were not helpful
We asked for a wine opener at the reception and he simply told us that they don't have it. Another day, they informed us that they could not clean the room as we have not left the flat key at reception (we were not informed to leave the key at the reception).
Again, although the view is very beautiful and the kitchen is fully equipped so you could cook a big meal in there, there are still many things I don't like about the place. It's suggested to think twice before you book.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cohiba Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cohiba Villas Hotel Boracay