Lazy Dog Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Cool Stay Inn(Boracay)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsb bbulabog beachminute walkwhite beachkite surfing beachfluffy pillowsstandard roomrainy seasonenjoyed my stayfree breakfastvisit boracayislandstationhostelbidetphilippinestricycle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location of Lazy Dog B&B is nearby Bulabog beach, which is famous for kite surfing. The room is very clean and simple. The staff here are very friendly. It takes you 10 mins to walk to white beach(S1 & S2).
But there's some cock nearby the Lazy Dog. Every early morning, you are waked up by the cock.....which made me crazy.....
Anyway, Lazy Dog is still a good place.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great location right off the kite-surfing area of Bulabog, and yet only 10 minute walk to White Beach. Clean, simple rooms and decent food. Best feature was the friendliness of staff, owners and fellow travelers, who created a quick community with inside knowledge of the best of Boracay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hostel is just 2 mins away from the kite-surfing beach. But... I feel that this hostel is very overpriced.
Quality of room: Little comfort is provided in the room. Toilet tends to flood after showering and the TV in the room did not come with a remote. Dirt floor leads to your room and it difficult not to bring in the dirt along with you into the the room. Shower in 1 of our room also did not work well as water supply was not constant and the air-con was very noisy.

Quality of breakfast: Breakfast served daily consist of fried rice, soup and pancakes with 2 side dishes that are changed daily. However, the food is always cold, even when we had our breakfast at 7am. The only saving grace is that they have an egg station.

Quality of common area: Common area in the hostel is decorated nicely and is always shady. However, because of the constant shade, the area is always damp. (this could also because it rained for an hour everyday when we were there) So there's always quite alot of mosquitos around.

Quality of Service: Staff are pretty friendly and helpful. We stayed for 3 nights, but our room was only tidied up after the first night. Sheets were not changed after the second night.

Overall, i would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. We paid 90 bucks for a double bed (queen size) and 120 bucks for a bigger room for 3 persons (2 double single bed). they did not provide any extra beds, and we had to join the two beds together so 3 person can sleep horizontally.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rorecrose
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love this little hideaway. I came back to Boracay after 13 years and wanted to find a place on the Bolabog side that would provide a quiet, relaxing place. I got the standard room with 2 single beds. It was just right for my needs - enough room not to feel cramped, a place to store clothes and bags and a big enough bathroom. The best thing about the room is the wide double doors that open up to the verandah overlooking the main courtyard and breakfast area. You get a sense of privacy being in your room but close enough to the common area to feel like you are part of this little community of travelers. I have a picture to share to show how I set up my room the 2 mornings I was there.

The patio area and common breakfast lounge area is another unique attraction. You can end up sharing stories with other occupants during breakfast or anytime during the day. Breakfast is part of the package and midday you can continue to order from their kitchen. The chef and the staff are very accommodating and attentive. You can choose to keep to yourself in your own patio area in the newer rooms (see pic) and I observed the staff delivering food ordered for room service. The breakfast offered as part of the package was filling - a good mix of local Filipino breakfast fare and continental bread, jam, fruit. Don't miss out on Vietnamese coffee.

Being an anthropologist, I'm always interested not so much with the tourist side of Boracay but in taking a look at how the locals live. The area around Lazy Dog is still a mix of new (tourist resorts) and the local community. It's about a 10 minute walk to the D'Mall area.

I was booked the 2nd week of January midweek and there was no construction going on. The mornings were quiet. The staff even stopped as I was sitting in the patio to ask if I wanted room cleaned and I declined given that I was only staying 2 nights - did not need new sheets or towels. The airconditioning unit in my room was quiet - slept straight through from 10 -5 am (then headed out for my morning walk). I did ask the staff to look into the sound of running water as I was not sure if it was a plumbing fixture issue (I cringe at the idea of water being wasted in broken plumbing fixtures). They promptly sent a staff to look into the problem and fixed it.

Room Tip: If you are particular about staying in brand spanking new place then ask for the newer rooms. However, the view from the first floor verandah of original rooms facing breakfast area allows you to people watch but still feel like you are in your own hideaway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

As someone with wanderlust I have been all over the world and stayed at hotels from the fanciest, the ritz and Marco polo chains to gritty hostels.
There are a few that has made a mark that I would always find myself going back to. The ritz Carlton in puerto Rico, the Marco polo in Davao, butterfly in hk, vilasanta in Peru and the lazy dog in boracay.

As a solo traveller, one of my top requirements is comfort and that comes not with the best tempur pedic bed. The service is what I look for, because with it comes the best experience. The staff almost always went out of their way to deliver what I needed, from cigarette runs to answering my twenty questions, they know the island inside out.. in the Philippines this is hard to come by, good customer service..Thank you to everyone at the lazy dog.
And have I mentioned the Bistek and the adobo flakes...that deserves a review on its own.
Lazy dog will def be up there as one of my home base.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo