“Cozy and awesome”

Lazy Dog Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 219 Boracay B&B and Inns
“Cozy and awesome”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've bookeda flight for me, my cousins and our aunt an uncle last july. it was a rushed trip as my cousins who came from the US are only staying in the philippines for 2 weeks. I've been searchig all over the internet for places to stah on boracay and out of all of them, lazy dog was the o e placethat was very much accomodating. they answered all my inquiries and even over the phone, joyce sou ded very nice. We arranged our trAnsfers with them too and that made our trip hassle free. the walk from the main road to lazy dog was a little far at first but we got used to it. the sunrise at bulabog beach is the best i've ever seen! You can even talk to local fishermen. Our complimentary bteakfast were heaven! they were sooo good and kept us energized for the whole morning. the staffs were very friendly and attentive. they ga e us new sets of towels and beddings (although some of the towels already have stains in them from being old). Wifi connection was also good. there were a lot of cats but it didnt bother us
we saw whiskey once but he was sleeping. wished we saw him awake and played with him. i will definitely go back to lazy dog and i highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ORANGEGUMBALL

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Lazy Dog is located few steps to Bulabog beach which is only 5 mins walk to "budget mart" (supermarket) at Dmall and 10-15 mins walk to Station 1 of White Beach. Though you need to walk through some alleys.. but it's still fine at night as it's not too dark. We have a free upgrade to the deluxe room which is in big size. The air-con was really cool, and hot shower without problem. Only towels and soap are provided. The only concern maybe the wifi, sometimes it's down especially at night when the reception is closed. It requires the staff to restart the router the next morning. You can choose your breakfast among the 5 choices. It was great! Staff are really nice, and the 2 dogs are so lovely. With such a reasonable room price in Boracay, Lazy Dog is a very good choice.. Those resorts at the White Beach nowadays are overpriced a lot comparing with 2 yrs ago...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tofudon
Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I left cellphone in the common area. When I got back from the beach, they returned it to me. It was also a treat to see Whiskey. The complimentary breakfast was worth waking up to. I love the ambiance that this quirky resort brings. It gives you that "chill" feeling. Thank you for a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kris T
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My friends and I went to Boracay in July- the rainy season, when there are strong winds and heavy downpours. We booked two standard rooms online a few weeks before we went to the Philippines: one for 2 guys and one for 3 girls. When we arrived at Lazy Dog, we were told that one of the two standard rooms that we booked was leaking, and they gave us not one, but TWO FREE ROOM UPGRADES, to a deluxe room for two and a family room fit for four people. Of course we were extremely ecstatic. The rooms were very clean and has a rustic feel. The family room was located on the second floor so it may be quite troublesome to climb up and down the stairs but my friends and I had no problems with it. The family room was huge and the five of us always gathered in that room for our meals when it was raining outside. The family room also had a fridge and microwave oven, and an additional sink outside the bathroom. All rooms have their own porch which was a lovely place to rest after playing at the beach.

The staff was very friendly and polite, and were very helpful. We booked our transport from the B&B to Caticlan airport through them, which includes a van from Lazy Dog to the jetty, a boat from the jetty in Boracay to the mainland, and from the mainland jetty to the airport, which in total costs us 500 pesos per person. We made the booking quite last minute and the staff was very nice in trying to help us get the transport. Also, whenever we needed extra towels or toilet paper, they were always delivered promptly to our doorsteps.

The food is not as fantastic as I thought after reading all the previous reviews, but still great nonetheless. I love their omelette for breakfast! And since it rained two nights during our stay there, we had two dinners in our room. One drawback about the open air lounge is that when it rains, it was quite hard to get to our friends' deluxe room.

The location is fantastic- only about ten metres away from Bulabog beach where people normally do their water activities like island hopping. It is also about 10-15 minutes walk from D' Mall and another 5 - 10 minutes walk to White Beach where people swim and suntan. However, as there was construction going on in a building beside the B&B, the roads were inaccessible to cars and we had to walk with our luggage from the car to the hotel (about a 5 minute walk) and vice versa. Also, since it is located away from White Beach, it is much quieter and calm.

Another drawback is that the counter is closed quite early, but you can get help from the kitchen staff. however, as the kitchen closes at 10pm, you will not be able to get any help after that, which may be a problem. Also, there are tons of mosquitoes around the area but this is usually the case in Philippines so I can't blame them. The front desk also provide games like Mahjong and chess which you can borrow for free.

Overall, this B&B is perfect for me and I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thehuimin
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the lazy dog January 2012, the rooms are very clean but I must say ours was a bit dark without wardrobes but how ever we did enjoy our time there, we went with my brother and partner they loved the place because they are smokers & love a drink and found that tables and chairs just outside the bedroom door were fab for them to enjoy themselves, the breakfast are lovely Mango pancakes , staff are very friendly and helpful , would recommend Lazy dog if you are looking for clean B/B on a low budget, its situated in the back streets but very well lite at night and just 2mins off Bolabog beach ideal for wind and kite surfing

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jandav26
クアラルンプール, マレーシア
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights and I miss staying there now. The garden is so cozy. The room is simple yet nice, and also clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is yummy (I love their omelet and pancakes!!) Less than a minute to go to the beach where we take a boat to go for island hopping. And less than 10 minutes to go to white beach. In order to go to white beach, the road is not boring, we can walk through d'mall.
The last day we stayed, our flight was at 8:35am from Kalibo. The staff arranged the transportation for us. It was very helpful as well. I will definitely recommend Lazy Dog to my friends and we will come back in one day again!!

Just 1 thing.... Shooting there and many production staff were there. We couldn't really hangout at the garden.... But it's not a problem...next time we can do it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bunnies_mum-R
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm still staying in the hotel at this moment, and the only negative I have noticed after being here for the past 3 days is the noise. There is a new building being constructed next door and they have been starting the construction at 730 every morning. I understand they are trying to beat the heat, but people don't go on vacation to wake up with the sun. Other than that, however, everything has been great. The staff is very friendly and courteous, and the location is walking distance to 2 beaches while being far enough away that tourists and advertisers are not flooding the area. I would definitely recommend The Lazy Dog to my friends!

• Stayed August 2012