“A Little Short of Excellent”
Review of Astoria Boracay

Astoria Boracay
Ranked #3 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Can't say anything bad about the hotel's architecture and design. It is a beautiful structure. The rooms are big with comfortable queen-sized beds. All rooms have a "calm" vibe. My room had a 4-seater dining table and mini-kitchen complete with microwave oven. No full-length mirror but the 2 mirrors (room and bathroom) were more than adequate. The bathrooms are large with a tub and a chic shower head. All rooms have a view of the pool. The restaurant is light and airy with very interesting fish-themed decor. Everything is clean and well-thought out.

Their staff is wonderful! Their manager, Ms. Joy, the F & B manager and the head waiter were all super efficient and went the extra step to satisfy clients. Everyone is helpful and polite. They even helped out magnificently when told that we needed an emergency cake because one of our party was celebrating a birthday.

However, in spite of its location in Station 1, it is in the noisy and people-filled part of Station 1 (aka near Station 2). This hotel is ok for a business meeting I guess, but not for a couples vacation. The food was ok but not consistent. There were some buffet spreads that were super delicious but there were some that were just ok. To their credit, there was no bad buffet. I must say though that their coffee was not good.

The beach is not visible from the rooms but can be seen from the restaurant. The beachfront is wide, however, because of the time of the year (monsoon time), there was the obligatory wind barrier that just ruined the view and the experience. Of course this is no fault of the hotel. It just ruined the overall experience.

The rates are a little high but for the size of the room, I guess they are justifiable. This is not a hotel for the budget traveler. It looks posh, it feels posh and one gets what he pays for.

All in all, the experience was positive. But since I am a coffee addict, their coffee really destroyed it for me. Good thing Starbucks was just a few steps away. Would I go back? Definite maybe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed in Astoria for 3 days with friends last September 2012. The place is really clean and the staff are quick to reply to your needs. The location though isn't great; they say that they're in Station 1 but it feels closer to Station 2 where it's a bit crowded and the beach front isn't great. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay I'd suggest another place. But if you want to be closer to the action then Astoria would be good enough.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It was my first time in Boracay with bestfriend and we have had a great time. Activities were fun but what makes it better is starting it with buffet breakfast :) There were variety of food to choose from and really yummy. And at the end of each day, though tired, we were comfortably relaxing in our room :) I love their room :) I enjoyed their swimming pool :) All in all experience in Astoria is EXCELLENT from delicious food, accommodating staff, amenities, service and all. I wish I can still go back :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The beauty of Astoria Boracay's design is very relaxing. It's elegant and very cozy. Guest population is ideal, not very crowded. They have nightly bands playing so that's interesting. Internet access is superb and free (yeah, even inside the room! So that's perfect!). Service of the staff is not as good as I was expecting but the hotel manager is great. This property is also very well located. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

There is nothing else you'll look for when in Astoria Boracay...
Some disturbing incident made us miss our dinner reservations and I was fuming mad but alas - F&B Manager for Astoria - Ed Cordova came to the rescue and made a way for us to have our desired by the sea dinner with succulent fresh seafood grilled to perfection. With the excellent service by the staff - even the dinner roll was extraordinarily delicious...
The fire dance performance was special too...
Ed even graced us by our table to see how we were before getting lost in the endless sea of people and concerns he still had to attend to... Next time I go to Boracay... It'll be Astoria Boracay for me - even my daughters aged 2 and 4 will surely have a blast. When you chance to drop by anytime soon - look for Ed Cordova and he'll take care of you!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ton2aguilardelirious
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Astoria was definitely a nice place to stay in Boracay. The resort was very clean with a cool modern design. Our room was nice and large as well. I thought the location was good too. It was within walking distance of most things like shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms could've used more towels and toilet paper. There was also constant construction going on while we were there. We had a room on the second floor so it wasn't as noticeable as it would've been had we stayed on the first floor.

The food in the restaurant was okay, not great. I thought it was overpriced compared to the many other places to eat in the area. We had a great waiter for breakfast. However, for dinner the wait staff was very, very slow. I'd recommend eating elsewhere at least for dinner.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Astoria.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SantaM0nicaTraveler
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was planning my first trip to Boracay and was totally confused as to where to stay. Some suggested Station 1 (S1) and some Station 2 (S2). Some said S1 has the best beach sand and others said S1 is too boaring. Some said S2 is very busy and can get conjusted.
Finally, after reading several reviews, I decided to stay at Astoria with my family. We booked three rooms for 5 nights.
This was one of the best decisions I ever made with regards to my travel.
From the time we landed Caticlan airport, Astoria's manager - Mr. ROBBY MIJARES was in touch with me. I felt so good when I received his call. He guided me at every step till we reached Asotria. Other staff namely - Mr. DWANE SOMBERO and Ms. SHAREE MAY YSULAT were extremely friendly. They made our stay extraordinarily comfortable. It felt like home, away from home. They were always available to help, with a smile, regardless of the time of day.
Astoria is located at the perfect spot - between S1 and S2.
We couldnt have chosen a better place. During our 6 days stay, we roamed around entire beach and realized we chose the best hotel :)
Everytime I go back to Boracay, I am staying at Astoria.
Highly recommendable.

Munish Mahajan

Room Tip: We had a room on ground floor (next to pool) and 2 rooms on first floor. All were extremely nice, sp...