Astoria Boracay
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutlet managerwhite cafebeach frontdinner buffetfire dancerslive bandf b managerfree dinnerspecial thankswater activitieswelcome drinkfamily vacationaccommodating staffnice poolhotel staffwhite sandisland hopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have booked one Premium room. But we have become a surely worth and cheaper room. We asked to show us the official room describing . Manager said they don't have it. She also didn't allowed us to see other rooms. The room was really small. Also eat was absolutely disappointment. but the barefaced impudence the personal who had the laugh of us and made joke about our room.

Room Tip: other hotel book!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Traveller5555_5555
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Boracay is among my favorite destinations. I keep coming back as often as possible. This year, we noticed a change in this ideal island paradise: it was not as clean, the sand not as white and it was becoming too commercialized. Certainly a big change if you had seen this place 10 years ago. Coming back left me and my partner feeling strangely sad, knowing how even worse off it might be 10 years down the road.

You can imagine how we felt about staying in Astoria. This was our beacon of light. Reception staffs were all very friendly and warm. We arrived early in the morning so our room was not yet ready. We were taken to their sun lounge where we took our nap after our long flight. After some time, we were picked up and taken to our room. The room itself was surprisingly spacious given the fact that the hotel is not that big. The glass doors blocked out all external noises (and believe me - Boracay can be very noisy). The floor, the bed, the bathroom were all very clean. The bathroom itself was another pleasant surprise because it was again massive! The shower with its glass panel and rain shower-head looked so appealing that I wanted to strip off and take a bath right then and there. Free Wi-Fi was also a plus and the cable TV has so many channels, it was hard to leave the room. September-October means that you can expect rainy days and we found comfort in the fact that we had a good room to escape to if the weather would not permit a sun and sand activity.

The food in Astoria was surprisingly good. The breakfast buffet served Filipino and American food and we noticed that their menus vary every day. My favorite while dining in their restaurant is their music-selection: house. It was very soothing just sitting back, relaxing and listening to the sounds of Kaskade and Anton Ramos. This hotel is definitely right up my alley!

Their pool is very beautiful especially at night due to the lighting effects. It was so nice watching the colors change and I enjoyed taking night shots of Astoria because of its modern structure and stunning lights. They serve grilled dinner with a live band every night and I think this was also a major plus because Boracay is famously known for its night-life.

Astoria offers everything one would need when visiting Boracay - excellent lodging, great food, beach-front access, a beautiful pool - in a convenient location near everything you can ever want in Boracay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank patsp
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed at Astoria for 4 days with my family during the holidays. While it looks nice and modern, it lacks in several aspects. My first gripe is its location. I stayed at Sea Wind 2 years ago, so my concept of Station 1 is nice vast expanse of white sand and a place to truly relax. Astoria is at Station 1 but it is so crowded with stores, restaurants right in front that you only have a narrow strip of sand at your disposal. The water activities and boats are also right in front of the hotel so that area is not exactly great for swimming.Everyday, my family and I had to go take a 10 minute walk to where Sea Wind and Discovery Shores are. This was the nice part of Station 1. Breakfast was also sub par. Who serves seafood crepes for breakfast? Most hotels try to serve Filipino and American, but Astoria fails in doing so. The3 days I had breakfast there, there was always only 1 thing that was good.

Service is good, hotel layout is modern, so overall it's an ok hotel. Next time I go, I will definitely either stay at Discovery Shores if I had the budget or at Sea Wind, which was amazing when I last stayed---Sea Wind had great part of beach, had their own boat to pick you up from the jetty port, great breakfast and nice clean rooms

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JoanneSeda
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice staff is the first you'll notice about the hotel. They welcome you right from the taxi/tricycle. Will hold an umbrella if it is raining, will take your bags to the room and will make you a brief introduction showing room and hotel facilities.
ROOM. Even the cheapest room we've bought have 2 double beds. They're quite wide, but might be short if you're 175+ cm tall. TV is big and there's a DVD, 70+ cable channels, but who will watch TV on Boracay!? :) Bathroom is also huge and have all necessary toiletries. They even provide you with beach/pool towels. Room is cleaned daily and super fast. You hardly will finish your breakfast before your room is cleaned up. There is also an umbrella in the room, so you can take it if it is rainy outside. Internet is available, but not that fast
POOL. The pool is shallow and not that big, nicely illuminated in the evening.
RESTAURANT. The breakfast is usually included and is quite reach and delicious. They change dishes daily. They also offer a lunch buffet (something like 350 PHP) and dinner buffet (550 PHP). This is quite expensive, the nearby restaurants offer dinner buffet for 200-400 PHP. There is a band playing in the evening (maybe that's why it's so expensive). The only annoying thing about the restaurant is the flies. Lots of them.
BEACH. The White Beach is as good as across the island. The hotel has about 8-10 beach-beds with 3 umbrellas. Doesn't sound as too much, but we always were able to find a couple of free ones for us. Cons about the beach: it's a crowdy place. All the tourist groups gather on the beach in front of the hotel around 9-11 am and return back around 4-5 pm. Also lots of boats over there. If you want to swim, you'd better go 20 meters to the right - there is a buoy-surrounded area there. You can also hang on at the beach in front of that area. No beach-beds or umbrellas, but there is a shadow from the trees and you can spread out your towel and lay on it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ztaras
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My friends and I stayed in this amazing gem for 4 days during the Holy Week hiatus.

I have learned of Astoria Boracay from a friend who stayed here previously. From the sound of it, the word Astoria spells class and elegance as you might have heard of or stayed with Waldorf-Astoria in New York. But, they are in NO WAY connected to the hotel in Manhattan. But nevertheless, they matched every expectation the guest might have had in their mind.
To start, we were greeted with a very refreshing PANDAN juice(which happens to be my favorite) and we were ushered into our respective rooms. The rooms were contemporary modern. The bed is super comfortable and the AIRCON is the best considering the heat and humidity of the island, this is a very big plus. None of the hotels that I stayed before in Boracay matched it. The POOL? Is a priceless fixture. We enjoyed the pool very much!!! The buffet is, what shall I say, visited by most guest in other hotel because of their sumptuous food choices for a very reasonable price. For a little over $10 you get to choose in their 30 different kinds of preparations. It is close to the beach, close to D'Mall and is located in one of the best beachfronts. The sunsets view from the hotel balcony are breathtaking!

Overall, Ms. Joy(the Resort Manager) is awesome and is always helpful. So as the rest of the staff.

The only bad thing about the rooms are the shower. It creates a spill-over and a puddle on the floor. Hope management fixes this.

Will definitely come back this summer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends