“Deceiving Pictures and ads. Overpriced. STAY AWAY. TOTAL RIP-OFF!”

Boracay Ocean Club Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you have the kind of budget to pay their hefty room rates, better take your money elsewhere and you will get bigger, better rooms; better facilities; a lot better location; better service and polite treatment. We stayed in a pool access suite. It has pool access, but definitely it is NOT a suite. Their published rate is $300USD for the room but we paid a discounted rate online. When we entered our "suite", it feels like we were walking into a small standard room without a bathtub, no bath robes, no coffee and tea packets, and no WiFi. So what's up with the price tag? We travel to Boracay quite a lot and stayed in many other accommodations. Other resorts and hotels offer a lot more for less or same bucks and people are courteous. This is a pretentious hotel with construction debris on the hallway. They don't have a lifeguard, just an unhelpful guard in uniform. The path to the hotel is very, very dark at night and the guard with the flashlight is not sensitive enough to switch it on so guests won't trip. It is far from the main road and far from everything, so good luck if you get some rain that day, or if it gets extra sunny or humid during your stay. Breakfast is unremarkable, except for the small, cooked cockroach on their bacon, the crawling ants on their fruit slices and the annoying, big black flies hopping on the tables. The staff and the manager are untrained and always out to charge you with exorbitant extras. They will call you on the phone in the middle of the night. They feel like they are running a boarding school, not a hotel. They won't wait for you to enjoy your stay first, then checkout and settle all dues. They demand payment pronto. They point at you in a not so discrete way and whisper among themselves like you will take off without paying their extra charges. Our room was fully paid in advance by the way. Don’t let this overpriced hotel take the fun out of your stay in Boracay. Try Boracay Garden, Regency Lagoon, Mandarin, Boracay Sands or Mayflower if pool access is your thing. It is a beautiful island and you deserve all the beautiful experience that it has to offer.

Room Tip: Other guests who use the swimming pool may climb up to your private verandah. Put away your valuable...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank WanderWomansWorld
There are newer reviews for Boracay Ocean Club Beach Resort

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Boracay during the Typhoon so we were stuck in Kalibo for one night. The hotel was nice enough to let us stay an extra night for free. The staff was really friendly, the food was delicious, and the rooms were completely updated. Great views of the ocean from most rooms and there's direct beach access from the hotel. It's in a great location because it's not too far from all of the action in Station 2, and its still quiet enough to relax by the pool. I would definitely stay here again!

4  Thank chews22
Reviewed December 25, 2012

There is multiple wrong information on the advertisement. Superior rooms don't face the anything, but only a bamboo wall. Consequently, these rooms are dark. There are no internet in the hotel, except in the lobby. This was a major cause of complaints by many guests during the for days we stay in the hotel and staff keep saying everyday that the problem would be solved on the next day, but they never do. If you really need internet, sincerly, look for another hotel. The transfer from the airport, offered by the hotel (paid) let you around 150 meters far from the hotel, and you need to carry your luggage though the sand by yourself.

Room Tip: Look for the more expensive rooms, but not the superior.
4  Thank mdv1804
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We booked this hotel after looking at a few reviews, but was in for a shock (literally - see below) when we got here, we found this to be a building site. We knew there would be some construction going on, but when we booked, it stated it would be finished on the day of our arrival (Dec 15) - it was not. My wife checked online and they said in consideration of Xmas holidays they will stop work on Dec 15. Every day we have had to endure loud construction work.

Although advertised, they do not have reliable Internet - in fact without my intervention they would have no internet. I am an IT person and diagnosed that the wireless router was faulty, in fact I offered to pay for one, but despite all the lip service they could not provide and I have had to go to one of the many bars around here, where they do have reliable Internet.

Upon arrival my wife said that the bedside light was not working and I touched it to see if the bulb was in and I received a MASSIVE shock. I told the staff it was dangerous and needed an electrician, who eventually came, showed me the burnt out light and took it away promising to return the next day and left us with bare wires - see photos. Only after complaining many times have they eventually replaced this 5 days later.

However ... the worst thing about this hotel is the lack of management. I understand that the owners are Korean, nothing wrong with that, but what is wrong is that they leave the poor staff on reception to fend off the many complaints. I have asked to see a manager so many times, and all these Korean managers do is hide from you. They are never there. The only way I got to see one was when I told the staff on reception that I would stay at the desk all night unless someone came, he eventually did - I told him about all my experiences and he promised to fix but did nothing and was never to be seen again.

As we walk along the beach, there are so many nice places that have very nice bars that you would want to sit at - this hotel is the only hotel that has nothing.

Today is our last full day here. We really love Boracay and it is a place I would highly recommend, however, I put the blame fully and squarely on the ownership and management of this hotel.

The good points - the friendly staff who always try to help but are not in any position to help. When finished it could be a good hotel, but the ambience is far from inviting, certainly compared to others.

The bad points - well, lack of Internet, living in a noisy building site, electric shocks, lack of beach towels, lip service, but the worst is the lack of accountability and responsibility from the owners and management. THEY are only interested in your money. The staff that work here, especially on reception deserve medals for what they have to put up with.

I don't often write reviews, but the public need to be warned about this hotel. I can sit in reception and see the utter disappointment on arriving guests who have paid a lot of money for this hotel and this vacation.

I would be happy to provide anyone more information.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel! Seriously, we have been in 3 or 4 rooms, but there is nowhere to avoid the...
8  Thank aellarby
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel, but I think I'll look elsewhere when I return to Boracay.

The location is fabulous. Right on the beach in Station 3, it's only a 15 minute walk to D'mall (with shops and restaurants the entire way) and is more quiet than the other stations.

The staff were unbelievably friendly and attentive, and there was a wide range of choices for breakfast. My room was the perfect size, the AC worked great and my shower was always hot.

The downside? Obviously the construction was obnoxious but not nearly as much as I thought it would be because I spent the day on the beach instead of hanging around the hotel. The wifi signal was ridiculously weak and non-existent unless you have a room with a balcony. My room (no pool view) had no signal. The pool was refreshing, though there are no lounge chairs so it doesn't really encourage swimming... I think I only saw two other people in the pool during the time I was there! I can handle all those things (although no wifi in the room was really inconvenient) but the part that would stop me from coming back is the bed. The mattress was as hard as a ROCK! Now, I realize some people may appreciate that for their backs, but I'd personally prefer to sleep on something that doesn't feel like plywood. I am by no means a picky traveler (I travel the world, staying in hostels) but it was so uncomfortable that I even went to the desk and asked if I could switch to a room with a softer bed. The girl was super sweet (they all are) but informed me that all the beds in the hotel are the same. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep at this hotel! So here's my advice: if you sleep better on a softer mattress, I'd suggest finding another hotel in the area (and there are plenty in the same price range). For my needs, I was glad I only booked 2 nights.

Despite the cons I just listed, it was a great hotel with great staff... and if the wifi and mattress thing wouldn't bother you, then you'd be spending your money well.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

we got a pool access suite (room 111) for 2 nights and I simply loved our room. we got is a wedding gift so I cannot say whether it is good value for money or not. all I know is:
- we got hassle-free airport transfers
- since we got really early flights, our request for early check in was approved and we were given a room at 8AM.
- buffet breakfast choices are relatively extensive (at least for us)
- station 3 (and this resort is somewhat at the far end of this) is just the perfect place for a couple who were looking forward to lounging and swimming.
- we walked to station 2 or even 1 for meals but the exercise was really a welcome break from just doing nothing in this island.
- our room has a sunset view!
- construction is on-going and I am not comfortable at all with the construction workers walking all over the place.
- we were informed that the people are not allowed in the pool beyond 10PM and understood why - people can get pretty noisy.

Room Tip: room 111 (pool access suite) may be one of the best, if not the best.
3  Thank jam_hour
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I did some checking at a travel agency in Manila, and stressed that I wanted a very good ocean-view room on the beach, and that I was willing to pay for it. The agent checked a few places by calling them and showing me images and information online and in brochures. I chose this place after being guaranteed a "Deluxe Grand View Suite." And was shocked to be placed in a room looking out on an ugly construction site not facing the sea any more than Mitt Romney is facing left. The management refused to refund me. Boracay travelers beware!

• Stayed: October 2012