“Location, Location, Location”

Nigi Nigi Too Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 169 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

One thing you will realize immediately, the moment you step into this property - is that there could not be a better location on Boracay island. Period. The bar is great some amazing cocktails and the sea kissing the edges of bar bar during high tide. But the water is so clear that it almost feels like a pool and just the perfect depth for people who are not good swimmers. Willy's rock is just in front. The views from the rooms, especially on the higher floors are great. It is a 5-7 minute walk to the White beach path, so that way away from the crowds but still not away from the action. Frankly, with a location like this - I didn't pay much attention to the room although they were big and nice too. Water sports etc. are best hired from local peddlers after negotiation rather than booking via the hotel. Although they claim it is "better" to go via them. However, this is my own experience based opinion. I did not appreciate the sign in my room, placed rather prominently that since their establishment sells food and drinks as well, anything ordered from outside will be charged a fee. Their airport to hotel transfer service is outsourced to a local operator and can be bettered. You will have to lug your baggage at a couple of uncomfortable places although their staff does their best to help. Overall, this place is fantastic and I am really happy I stayed here. Will recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank authenticreview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nigi Too is our home in Boracay. Our room is always big, clean and had the biggest balcony overlooking the most photographed spot in Bora-- Willy's Rock and the bending coconut trees. They also oblige with breakfast on the balcony-- a real treat when you're up early enough before the sun gets too high. Location-wise, it is unbeatable. It is on Station 1 fronting the beach. It is also in a spot on the island where the main road tapers nearing the beach such that the road is also right on the backdoor of the resort (this is usually the compromise one has to make with Stations 2 and 3--you are either beachfront but have to walk through other resorts towards the beach from the main road or near the access road but no beach view or someways in between, which is the worst). It is also just close enough to Station 2 that you are near all the eating places and the nightlife should you wish it. Service at the resort is always good (our last stay was end of Oct 2010) and food is adequate. Don't come looking for poshness, but if what you want is a good and reasonable base to explore this side of the island, look no further.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hav4wannatravel
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had our wedding ceremony here in March 2009. Rooms were great and themed well. Staff were so friendly, especially the bar staff. These guys and ladies treat you like family. Food is good, drinks are great! We liked this location because it is (or was in 2009) on a quiet stretch of beach in front of the Willy's Rock. All of the rooms are close to the water, and it was fantastic to have dinner with your feet in the sand.

Only problem we had was a little issue with the manager who got the flower color completely wrong for our wedding. We had asked for blue flowers, but she ended up getting pink and red (my wife hates pink!) - so that was a bit of drama as she got very defensive. After cooler heads prevailed, the manager pulled through and managed to get white flowers which she dyed blue as it wasn't possible to get the blue flowers in time (they would have had to come from Manila she said). The wedding itself was great and I thank the staff for their help and care!

Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TraveledTheWideWorld
Quezon City
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nigi-nigi too is better than Willy's....Nigi-nigi too is just in front of the Willy's rock while Wlly's beachfront is covered with a net, to protect theie hotel from the tropical winds. Our room last Sept 2010 in Nigi-nigi too is in the Butterfly room (2rd floor), a big room with receiving area, big bed and with a big porch just outside the room overlooking the Willy's rock....the beach front of Nigi-nigi too is the place where you can have your breakfast, lunch and dinner. When we stay here, we have our early dinner here while watching the sunset and people who visits the Willy's rock. Nigi-nigi too is a very simple place with a Filipino feel of "bahay kubo" (small bamboo open house). Its not a typical five star hotel, but the services of the owner & staff makes you feel at home

Room Tip: reserve the butterfly room, the room is big with receiving area, but their bed is not that comfy...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liabella
United States
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

My selfish side almost don't want to post this review so not a lot of people would know about it because this is AMAZING!!!

I LOVE this tiny resort!!  My long research was worth it having found this place.  The  location was perfect, it was right in front of Willy's Rock.  We had the traditional native hut that was described a 'seaview' but it was actually beachfront, IMO this was the best room they had.  Our room had a balcony with hammock and lounge chairs right IN FRONT of Willy's Rock. We had the beautiful view of the beach right in front!!  This was probably one of the closest rooms to the beach of ALL of Boracay.

As mentioned above, I was looking for a good hotel that was affordable, close to the beach and was clean.  It was difficult because some of the hotels weren't beachfront and even walking distance to the beach but affordable and the ones that are close to the beach were expensive.

I finally found this place and the reservation agents that I emailed were very patient with all of my questions.  In order to book a room, you will need to pay 50% deposit of your accommodations.  They also require you to fax in your credit card info as well as your ID.  The rates on their website are based on two people (double occupancy) and they charged additional person after that even in the family room that occupies 6.  But it also includes breakfast.

There was a few obstacles (not about the hotel) before we got to this paradise island.  First, our flight with Cebu Pacific from Manila to Caticlan got cancelled there was a problem with the plane but instead of letting us get off the plane they made us wait inside the plane with NO air condition!  It was very hot and humid.  We were soooo hot inside that plane I don't understand why they did not take us back to the terminal.  We had to wait close to an hour without air condition, that was inhumane.  When we finally got out and back to the terminal we were told that we would get on a flight to Kaliboo which was two hours bus ride away to Caticlan.  We refused and the good thing is that there was room at Airphil Express we went there instead.  After we arrived at Caticlan airport we had to take either a tricycle or a mini van of less than a five minute ride to the pier.  It was I think 60 pesos for a tricycle ride and 200 pesos for a van ride.  The tricycle should be sufficient unless there's several of you or you have a lot of baggage, speaking of baggage, all airlines that lands in Caticlan are very strict when it comes to baggage because the planes are small and they are concerned about the weight balance issue.  Anyway, once we got to the pier, we had to pay for the pier terminal fee and the boat fare, but the price was very reasonable but I read that they were raising  the price of the pier terminal fee to P200 per person.  They scanned our luggage in the terminal building. Then we walked to the dock and to a narrow plank to get on the boat.  It's only about an 8 foot narrow plank but it was difficult (and scary) with the waves to walk on it with the luggage.  We hired a porter to take our luggage to the boat instead.  I don't think it was worth it if you fell on the water and ruined your vacation or worse broke your foot or worse.  Some people seem to be okay walking on that plank (it does  have handle on one side) with their luggage but I was not comfortable with it.  Money well spent for around 100 pesos. Other than that we did it all ourselves and did not let anybody persuade/trick us into letting them 'help' us.  You just need to be vigilant.

Anyway, when we arrived at the Boracay pier we had  to walk on the narrow plank again.   Then after we got off the boat we had to get on a tricycle to Nigi Nigi Too which is in station 1.  The ride was about ten minutes.  Then we arrived in this beautiful haven.

Check in was fast and we were given welcome free drink  coupons to redeem  at the bar.  They took our luggage to our room, the room was clean with tiled floor and the walls were made of coconut leaves (I think).  There was a wall air conditioner,  a bar fridge and two (maybe more) bottles of complimentary water.  The bathroom was small and narrow but it was clean.  They had three extra toilet paper in the bathroom which was great.  The complimentary coconut soap was very nice.  There was no shampoo or conditioner.  The shower hd a portable heater which was great.  But there were a couple of times that it did not work very well and I took a cold shower instead but did not mind it so much because it was so hot outside.

The restaurant was right outside our door and we had breakfast everyday right in front of the beach!  Breakfast was great, you had a choice of traditional Filipino breakfast or American breakfast and they had all you can eat eggs.  They also had great burgers and their mango shakes were amazing.  There were several loungers and did not have a problem finding an empty one or two to lay out.   It would have been nice if they covered the cushions with white fitted sheets than the red vinyl showing.   There was no safe boxes in the room but they offered one at front desk.  They provided thick plush towels at the reception desk which was very much appreciated.  There was a massage center/gazebo beside the restaurant.  They charged P500 for an hour which was expensive but it was so convenient to have it there instead of the ones in station two for P300. We had massages there almost every night, they were open until 10pm.  My little one even had a massage and fell asleep.  No biggie because our room was only a few steps away :-). I really miss this place.

I really hope that they maintain this hotel and not let it become tired and dingy and full of mold and mildew.  I really want to come back at this hotel again and hopefully still have the same quality of service and care for both their guest and the hotel facilities.

There was a laundry place called Lavadera Ko on the street behind the hotel that does a machine wash and very strong fabric softener.  We would walk to Willy's Rock Hotel next door and walk on the alley and turn right and it's only a few steps from the alley way.   We had lunch at Willy's Hotel and it was very good and good portion too, there rice and chicken soup was amazing.

Doing this review made me miss this hotel even more, I'm glad TA has this in Specialty Lodging section perhaps it won't get that much attention except for ultra review readers and we can keep this place all to ourselves ;-)

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank Anoini2
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Having never been to Boracay before we only booked two nights at Nigi Nigi Too thinking we would then walk the beach and compare other accommodations. As soon as we arrived though we knew this would be our spot for the next 7 days.

This hotel is a hidden gem and their website does not do the property justice. Our first room was the family sized with 2 double beds and this was adequate, clean and comfortable. After 2 nights they moved us to the 3rd level which was a much better room with a huge balcony and unspoiled views of white beach.

The resort in general is small and basic but it sits on what is the single best spot of station one, Whitebeach. There was always enough sun-beds with a beautiful view of whiley's rock, a great little massage hut plus cheap good quality and food and drinks. The included breakfast each morning was a great start to each day though I wished they served a "real" coffee or expresso. Instant coffee just does not cut it on a holiday.

After a day in the sun relaxing by their beachside bar is great fun. They serve great cocktails over happy hour and we met some fantastic local characters. The bar area never gets too busy but as with the rest of the hotel it has a lot of character. We found many of the more modern hotels a bit bland and stale while Nigi Nigi Too is full of charm.

Room Tip: 3rd level rooms are great for couples.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Guthers24
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotels along this stretch of land are mostly hidden away behind plain facades and our driver passed our stop. A quick (and scary) u-turn later and we were home at Nigi Nigi Too. The inside of the hotel was in stark contrast to the plain exterior. The lobby consisted mostly of dark wood tones. The walkway to the beach was a lush tropical jungle. We were scheduled for a room with a terrace overlooking the ocean but those rooms were upstairs and there were no elevators. I am disabled and as I began to climb the stairs we were called back to the lobby: they changed the room to a first floor vacancy. We were initially a little disappointed because the beach and view are beautiful. However, the beach was only 30 feet or less from the room and the bar/restaurant was now closer so it balanced out.

The room was absolutely beautiful and huge! The website for this place needs to update the photos that are online. Dark wood furniture offsets the pink paint theme of the hotel. Towels are not hung in the bathroom for you...they are arranged in different shapes on the bed. Today was a flower with a small flower lei to greet us. We had swans on the second day...very charming touch!

The staff of this hidden paradise was impressive from the start. One thing that was a little unusual was the lack of toiletries...soap is provided with the room rate, but you have to buy your own shampoo, conditioner and lotions. It really was not a big deal at 60 pesos. They were out of shampoo in the lobby though and we would have to go outside of the hotel to get it...that is until one of the waiters went for us!

Everybody was super friendly, polite and helpful. We had coffee and some meals right on the veranda. The food was good and the prices were very reasonable. I brought back three live lobsters one day and they were cooked to perfection, split and served to us on the veranda within 30 minutes. I was out of cash and had to get to the bank to change some travelers checks. I mean I was out of cash! I was going to ask one of the tri-taxi drivers to wait while I went into the bank. I didn't have to: one of the waiters (I think he is the shift manager) arranged a P100 loan to get us to the bank. I told you the service in this place was amazing!

The owners were just as pleasant and would take the time to sit with you a while and chat.

I've traveled a good deal and this experience was certainly among the best I have had. Outstanding.

Room Tip: I would have liked to have seen the view from an upstairs room, but the staff accommodated my needs...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple