“Brilliant place, Brilliant people !”

Monaco Suites de Boracay
Ranked #17 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Perth, Australia
“Brilliant place, Brilliant people !”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Like other posts on Tripadvisor, I selected the Monaco based on reviews.
My wife and I stayed five nights and we were absolutely rapt with the room and views. We were there during the peak and left on Christmas Eve and the establishment never felt rushed or busy, and its exactly what we were looking for. The suite was very large, had a great verandah area and all the facilities we needed. The entire place is immaculately clean and the gardens were manicured. The pool was clean and sparkling with towels provided and during our time at the pool Kevin looked looked after us very well.
Breakfast is buffet style with fresh cooked eggs, continental, european or american style breakfasts all available. The restaraunt staff were well groomed and most attentive.
I was particularly impressed with Ervin who provided advice and made arrangements for us, with absolute ease and he is a credit to the hotel with the way he goes about his duties in guest relations.
Natasha the trainee receptionist welcomed us to the hotel and explained everything very well.
The staff are simply brilliant.
The suites are on a steep hill but my wife and I are both in our 50's and we did it easy. Anyone who has dicky knees or the like can be transported around the grounds by golf carts which are free and electric, so they are quiet.
The hotel runs a shuttle bus to "D'Mall" which is the heart of the beach area and it departs the hotel on the hour from 8 through to midnight. It leaves "D'Mall" 20 minutes past the hour and was never late.
If you choose the Monaco, get in touch by email and make arrangements for transfers between Caticlan airport and the Hotel. It is well worth the cost of about 43 Aussie dollars each way. They take care of everything including the airport fees, environment fees, boat and car costs. Well worth it.
We jumped in an aircon car and drove around the island for about thee hours site seeing and that cost us AUD75 and again I thought that was worth it, particularly as we couldn't be bothered bartering and simply stepped out of the suite and away we went.
The maximum trike ride cost we paid was AUD2.50 and the minimum was 50cents. I had a haircut and shave at a local place and that cost me AUD2.54.
A meal with beers on the sand at the beach near station 2 cost my wife and I AUD26.
Like all prices, you can shop around and get better deals for things, but I provide the costs here simply to give you a feel for things.
Look we thought the Monaco was brilliant and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to family (which I have already) or other travellers.
Yes it cost a buck and yes you can find cheaper, but it really is a great place for a getaway after working hard and needing a break.
Enjoy.

Room Tip: Select an upper floor suite so as to avoid the noise of footsteps from the room above.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BoatGR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at the Monaco Suites Boracay for 5 days at the end of a business trip to Manilla. We had never been to the Philippines, so we selected the location and hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were delighted with the choice of hotel and location. Boracay's west coast is full of night life, large hotels and activities. Monaco Suites, on the other hand, is in a quiet, serene and private location. The propery itself is beautiful and has spectacular views of the ocean. The hotel staff is professional and helpful. The gardens and pool area are tropical, colorful and beautifully maintained. The food at the hotel was very good. For those wanting more variety or a taste of the Island's night life, shuttles run throughout the day from Monaco Suites to the west coast. After a day of activities on the west coast, it's wonderful to come back to Monaco Suites. We definitely recommend the hotel for adults, but there's not much in the way of activities for kids.

Room Tip: All are suites, so they're spacious. Ask for an ocean front room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Me and a business partner stayed in a two bedroom suite from the 4th - 8th December and would recommend this resort to anyone who values great service, privacy, fantastic views, impeccable suites and quality food.

Having been brought up in Bermuda, I had a taste of what resorts could aspire to, and this one delivered in all departments. The rooms are spacious, clean and luxurious. The service is attentive, from the ground staff to the waiters to the general manager. The food is a fusion between European and Asian cuisines. I tried an array of dishes and was never displeased.

A shuttle service runs from the hotel to the white beach, where coco loco bar has Monaco employees assisting you with your activities and general sun bathing.

A special thanks to Thomas, Betty, Claress, Shasha and Ainee for making our trip very enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gthomas2552
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 4, 2013

let me get straight to the point:

- the place is german managed - service is high quality and world class
- all rooms have private access, my room was beautiful
- rooms are spacious and well equipped
- the environment is peaceful and quiet
- best air in boracay away from the smoky food joints at the main beach
- shuttle service (3-5 mins to the white beach) is reliable and works
- swimming pool is barely used so you can really have it almost to yourself
- the place looks better in real life than on pictures (it was hard for me to capture with one picture)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Chris R
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at Monaco Suites de Boracay in August 2013. I arranged for an airport transfer which went real well. A cool clean mini van was waiting for me outside the airport. It was a short ride to the dock where a nice boat was also waiting. They provided a glass of sparkling wine which was a nice touch. I wish they offered a second glass though. hehe After the quick boat ride, another mini van was waiting at the dock and we reached the hotel in about 15 minutes.

The check in process was smooth. The staff provided a refreshing welcome drink. After I signed some documents, I got on a golf cart and the staff drove me to my room. The room had an ocean view and it was large. There was a full sized fridge, table, kitchenette, a/c, flat screen tv, and other good amenities. The service is wonderful. Every single staff member greeted me with a smile even the pool person who handed the towels.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is away from the "action". I preferred it this way because Station 2 is too crowded for my taste. There are way too many people and honestly, I was very disappointed. Boracay is not the same as it was 10 years ago. I kept telling myself that I will not visit for a while. There are much better beaches in the Philippines. Note that the beach condition is not the hotel's fault. I just mentioned it here for reviewers that it might be something to consider when making a decision to visit Boracay or not.

Overall, this is a nice hotel to stay in Boracay if you want large rooms, good service, friendly staff, and peace & quiet after a day at the beach. They also have a nice dolphin shaped pool if you want to stay in the resort all day. The food and drinks are a bit expensive though.

Room Tip: Buy beer or bottles of alcoholic beverages from the discount stores in the tourist area (Station 2...
Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pinoygolferaz
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I spent 4 incredible days at the Monaco Suites. The rooms were spacious, well maintained and extremely comfortable. The food was incredible and I particularly enjoyed the pool that I spent much time in. I would definitely venture back to this paradise.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at the location but ocean facing is obviously preferable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I can describe the hotel in one word it's PARADISE. Plus the hotels staff are very polite and helpful. The view of the ocean from every villas are so
Amazing. It's a perfect place to relax with your own private Villa. Oh! Before I forget breakfast was so good that makes me excited to wake up
Every morning and be surprise how creative is the chefs here. I never get bored of there food. If your fanatic of wines they have also plenty of
Selections. Definitely I'm coming back and recommend this to my friends

• Stayed October 2013