“Monaco Suites de Boracay”

Monaco Suites de Boracay
Ranked #26 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After our trip via chartered van from Lezo (near Kalibo) and the short boat trip we arrived in Boracay. This was my 5th visit to Boracay. The previous 3 times I stayed at the Regency which is located right on the beach. This trip they were fully booked so my cousin found Monaco Suites on the internet and gave then a call. The hotel van picked us up at the dock and drove us to the hotel. It is about a 15 min drive. The place is beautiful. The view is beautiful. We were greeted by the staff with a cool drink and a comfortable place to sit as we went through the check-in process. When we were shown our room the air con had been turned on so that the room was cool upon our arrival. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was huge. It includes a balcony with a view that can't be beat. It is a very quiet place away from the crowds in the mall and the beaches. Very clean. Even the restrooms in the public area were clean and spotless and if you travel around the Philippines you know the state of most public restrooms. The staff could not have been nicer and attended to your every need. The only thing that I could say that was negative is that the pool though beautiful is 5 feet deep a little too deep for some of our shorter non swimmers, but they have life jackets to use on the children if you ask. If you want to stay is a beautiful place away from the crowds this is the place. I gave it only 4 stars and not 5 due to the location as long way to ride to the beach and mall via the hotels free shuttle service that runs every hour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool or at the top near the shuttle pickup point as walking up the hills fro...
3  Thank maryarce

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights.ok the room is big enough each room have the own balcony and face to the sea. if not a windy day you can stay at the swimming pool relaxy for a whole day.but if like a strong windy day if not better for you to going outside.
every 15 mins there has a bus to D mall.it kakes 10mins.if you comes back late than 24:00 you only can take a tutu moto bike.

Room Tip: the villa beside the reception room i think is villa no. 10
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erna N
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After making the trip from Korea to Boracay, my friend and I arrived at the Monaco Suites quiet dizzy. But the way we were welcomed and the absolute ravissant location of the hotel brought us immediately in an ultimate holiday feeling.
The staff was extremely polite, hotel was clean and the view was stunning.
Taking the great breakfast with a view over the bay, was something you will really adore.

Off course we didn't stay in the hotel during all of our stay, so we also visited several times the Private Beach at White Beach. The seawater almost too hot :) sand as white as clouds, and great smoothies in the bar.

To resume our stay, we expected some normal hotel with nice staff and maybe a good view, but we were overwhelmed by a great and helpful staff, with a stunning view, good food, and lovely people.

worth a visit !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stefaan L
Reviewed June 19, 2013

In the past couple weeks I had the pleasure of traveling through Boracay in the Philippines. As beautiful as the island is, the trip was so special because of Monaco Suites de Boracay. This 5 star hotel has beautiful and clean rooms, amazing service and staff, and is overall the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff at this hotel was excellent! Ally at the front desk, to Tess and Herbert on housekeeping, all the way to Jacob in the bar-- we had stellar service! Everything you needed was right at the hotel. The rooms were spotless, the view was amazing, and the food was delicious! I was so impressed with the breakfast buffet with its endless options! In addition, I really enjoyed the fact that Monaco Suites was exclusive and quiet, and a great break from the hustle of White Beach. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning to travel to Boracay and I will definitely be coming back to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate P
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I simply loved this place! We got this place via a Groupon voucher, and it included the airport transfer and all. Our first flight was delayed, resulting in us missing the connecting flight. By the time we arrived at Caticlan airport, it was already 3 hours after our initially scheduled arrival time. The guy from Monaco had apparently waited for us at the airport for nearly 4 hours by then!

All the staff were really friendly and helpful. I think the most important thing is that you could tell they were genuinely sincere and happy working here. I didn't quite get all the names, but off the top of my head, there was the housekeeping guy Joel, the guy who brought us to/from airport Florence, and the good-looking dude at the restaurant who seemed to work 24/7.

Because of the rainy weather (it keeps drizzling in June) and my brother was also unwell (the shuttle van driver also dropped us off at the clinic along the way, thanks!), we ended up spending most of the time in the resort itself. But I must say that on a positive note, at least we were spending our time at THIS resort which was pretty much self-contained with all the necessary facilities than anywhere else. If we couldn't get pretty pictures of the beautiful beach, at least we got pretty pictures of the resort!

Restaurant food was great, (the only day when we ate out resulted in my brother falling sick) but tend to come in larger portions than what we could finish. Sorry about the leftovers.

Only grumble I had was on the day before our departure. We went down to reception at about 4pm to ask if they were still able to arrange for us to do helmet diving on that evening. My brother had finally felt slightly better and we were trying to do a last-minute salvage of our holiday you see. Anyway, the receptionist said yes, there was still time for us to do helmet diving and a Monaco representative immediately put us on a van and drove all the way to the beach. However, upon arrival, he checked with the counter and told us that helmet diving booking was already closed. Asked us if we wanted to do parasailing for 1500 pesos instead, which I refused flatly. I think we were more annoyed by the waste of time and getting our hopes up for nothing. Surely he could have just checked by calling them first, instead of driving us all the way there? He then took us back to the hotel by a tricycle, and to his credit, he later tried to make up for it by arranging for a 8am helmet diving experience the next day (we had to leave the hotel by 11am). When we got back to the hotel that evening though, and asked for snorkelling gear which are apparently free to borrow within the resort premises, we were told that they were spoiled, which added to that sour evening.

But other than that slightly annoying evening, we were pretty much happy with the service they provided throughout our stay, so I'm still giving it a 5 star rating!

3  Thank Chunlian
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We took the two bedroom apartment, it is about 132sqm , with large living room and good size kitchen
The resort is excellent in term of apartment’s size, friendly staff, especially the hotel manger, there breakfast is also good with variety of food, the resort restaurant is also good
excellent horizontal swimming pool , it is a great place for people who like see view , the resort is in the beach , but the beach is not good for swimming , they have shuttle bus to the D mall

Room Tip: Great size for families apartments
4  Thank Abdulaziz A
Reviewed June 15, 2013

OK. Rooms are old, bed sheets old and it gives a feeling like It's dirty.

Bathroom is ugly and it leaks. And I saw insects in the bathroom ceiling.

View is decent, But location is far from everything.

Food here is bad and only one restaurant. This place is like an insect magnet and They need some pest control.

Worst of all, we wanted to go to front beach at 11.30pm. We asked them to call us a taxi (tricycle ), and They said They cannot and asked me to walk down to the main road. For God's sake, It's a 20 minutes walk on a dark and scary road.

I own one of the largest tour agencies in USA, and I will never recommend this place to anyone. For the amount of money They charge, this is a ripoff.

NOt a five star. I give them 2 stars at most!

• Stayed: June 2013