“Friendly staff, good food”

MAMA's Bar, Restaurant, and Chillout Lounge
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Read the views so went along not really sure what Austrian food was all about. Must admit the Nuremberger sausages were tasty and the portion size good. Staff were very friendly. However the place is a little out of the way.

2  Thank SammyHiz

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife, son and I went to Mama's for dinner. As it's the low season, we were the only customers at about 7:30. Marcus, the owner, greeted us cheerily with a shot of Jaegermeister. I ordered the goulash, my wife the Nurnberger sausage, and my son the burger. As we waited for our food, more Jaegers flowed, Marcus put on cartoons for my son, and we were engaged with Marcus in very pleasant conversation. Food arrived and we were very pleased with both the quality and quantity of food. Although we were stuffed, we had plenty to take home with us. Best food I've had in Boracay, and I'll be going to Mama's again before I leave.

1  Thank usasiatripper
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I visited this restaurant on my last night in Boracay. It was raining, and the place was very quiet, but Marcus (the German owner) warmly welcomed us with 2 shots of Jagermeister! Who said Germans had no sense of hospitality?

The food was SUPER YUMMY (I had the goulash and my gf had the schnitzel) and the portions were huge. Go there with an appetite!

if you spend some time in Boracay, this place is a must do.

1  Thank str8fwd
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I must say Mama's has the best chowder on the island.. Try it.. Keep it up Marcus!

1  Thank velvet94
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Mama's restaurant and bar is a true gourmets treasure to be found on Boracay. If you are looking for good food and great entertainment, then you need look no further, it's well worth the 10 min trike ride from D'Mall. You can be guaranteed a warm Austrian welcome from 'Mein Host' Marcus and his staff. Go to Mama's on an empty stomach, as the food portions are generous, add to that the range of German beer available, throw in the odd Jaegermeister and you will be well on your way to a fine night out. Mama's will certainly be top of my list to visit again when I return to Boracay.

1  Thank Steve H