“I have always wondered why Obama grill is named Obama grill...”

Obama Grill Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #67 of 307 Restaurants in Boracay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established since April 2008 - A casual dining restaurant that specialized Filipino Cuisine, inspired with Batangas cooking style Bama Grill is famous with its Bulalo, Grilled Ribs (the best in the island) and crispy pata. It is located in Station 1 Main Road/Beach Front Balabag Boracay, either way, we are accessible. With our beach vibes we incorporated seafood section which we perfectly mastered. Our seafood platter, Tuna Panga and Grilled Stuffed Squid is a must try in every visit.
“I have always wondered why Obama grill is named Obama grill...”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having seen Obama grill many times over the years, I have never tried eating there.

Ordered: Good-Tuna Jaw (panga ng Tuna) Averege- Spare Ribs, Crispy Pork trotter (Crispy Pata), not good- bicol express. The burger seemed interesting as many people seemed to be ordering the big burger. (sadly I saw the grillman squeezing all the patties on the grill squeezing out all the juice of the burgers) There is an airconditioned area that has not much character, by the street, and no ambient lighting whatsoever. The beach front was just full of smoke from the grill.

I am saying this as they could make small improvements to make it a much more interesting place to eat at.

Halfway through the meal, one of our companions said the water tasted funny so we ordered bottled water. Andok's bottled water arrived - apparently it is the same owner of Andok's (which is great value for money) Service was a little below average but nothing unpleasant, just lack of training I guess.

Obama grill in the end is quite pricey for what you get. If you want a simple, decent meal, it isn't a bad place to end up.

I still don't know why they call it Obama grill.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mlsoong

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“Tan family bonding 2013”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

we had a good merienda here while waiting for the sunset, we did got good sunset shots=)
me and my kids ordered Obama Burger, so big 3 kids can share! we stayed until dinner, wow we had a good, sumptuous dinner! burp burp=)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mayettetan
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“I love their seafood!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant is truly a bang for your buck especially if you try their seafood selections. Fresh and well-cooked just the way I like it. I will definitely go back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michified
“Beach front resto!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went here for 2 consecutive mornings to lounge. They will let you use their lounge chairs even if the resto itself is not yet open and that's a plus! So when they opened, we'll order drinks first and then when lunchtime came we had their lobsters, prawns, veggies and chicken! Nothing special though but i like that their staffs were friendly and accomodating. Not too pricey, fair price! But they charge something like service fee but its okay. Nice beachfront bar!

Visited May 2013
Allen, Texas
“lively place”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

a great beach front bar with friendly staff and great drinks. A nice spot to people watch. they have nice lounge chairs that are perfect to sip on your favorite cocktail.

Visited April 2013