“0 Star Restaurant! Aka Abominable”

Villa de Oro Restaurant
Ranked #261 of 305 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: International
Description: You have a listing for Villa de Oro resort but I am endeavouring to review its restaurant as I ate breakfast there this morning but did not stay.
Boracay, Philippines
“0 Star Restaurant! Aka Abominable”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This restaurant is atrocious. I have no clue how people gave it such amazing reviews, particularly for the Mongolian buffet. I'm only assuming they've never been to another Mongolian buffet before because this is by the far the worst I've ever had. My husband and I came here hoping to enjoy a Mongolian buffet similar to the delicious one we'd experienced at Mango-Ray (P60 more expensive and infinitely more delicious with better quality ingredients). We should have known there was a problem when I initially asked a waiter what kind of soup was being served and she had to call over 4 co-workers - none of them knew. The Mongolian ingredients were not quality at all - neither the vegetables or sauces. The meat was the worst part and we both felt sick after eating it. The chicken went quickly and noone made an effort to refill the bowl. We had to ask them to refill not only that but the pineapple and several other ingredients. The waiters had awful attitudes and seemed annoyed when we asked for anything. We make fun of this place every time we walk by - stay away! I want to warn people and wish I'd read some of the reviews on here before we wasted our money.

• Visited March 2014

Singapore
“Cheap but beware. ”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Villa de oro dinner place is at beach front looks cheap and a beautiful place to eat. The dinner menu has
Blue marlin,
pork BBQ,
bangus (fish),
liempo,
Pork chop
Chicken chop
all $120Peso only and comes with rice. But the food is too oily and my tummy feels not good for next few days and had to go pharmacy to get medicine.

1 Thank AIK71
Ettalong Beach, Australia
“brilliant”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Mongolian buffet here is one of the best value, good quality meals I,ve ever had. Place all the ingredients you want into your bowl and give it to the chefs to cook it for you. Grate 2 for 1 cocktails all night and friendly service makes this place a winner.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank brendon k
Terengganu,Malaysia
“Good food,nice songs”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We got a buy 1 free 1 cock tail . The foods taste nice and price is cheap compare to other hotels in boracay . The grill meals taste really delicious . We enjoyed the live singing while enjoying our dinner there . The waiter was really friendly but i forget to ask his name .

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bepau
“Overpriced seafood”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our first night in Boracay and we got caught big time. The seafood looks amazing but it is ridiculously over priced and they don't even cook it that well. Rather go to the seafood wet market and buy your own seafood and have one of the restaurants around there cook it. Much cheaper.

Visited July 2013