“GREAT FOOD and SERViCE”

Villa de Oro Restaurant
Ranked #269 of 313 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: International
Description: You have a listing for Villa de Oro resort but I am endeavouring to review its restaurant as I ate breakfast there this morning but did not stay.
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The food and service was excellent. Hence, we decided to spend all our dinner meals at this restaurant (after our not so good experience from another restaurant) throughout our stay on the island. Special mention to the wait staff personnel named Joy(?).

1  Thank E S

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The food was Great! Our waitress May/HRM graduate did an outstanding service!!! Please praise Her.

WMS.
Ex MAITRE D'

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We have enjoyed meals here numerous times on different trips to Boracay, The food has always been well prepared and very reasonably priced. The atmosphere is excellent also as it is right along the beach with ocean view. On this trip they had budget entrees for as little as 100 pesos and most items on the menu were less than 200 pesos. The food was good and the service was friendly. I can't comment on Mongolian Barbeque mentioned in other reviews cause we never tried it.The place is always nicely decorated and the drinks are reasonable also. I was very surprised to see negative reviews because I have eaten other places with higher prices that were not as good and didn't have the nice view. I'm happy to compliment them with a good review because I think it is well deserved.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

It was a perfect day and almost perfect evening in Boracay, we were craving for Mongolian Barbecue ("a Taiwanese dish invention" ), not until the waiter who attended to us showed his unpleasant attitude. He obviously didn't have the slightest idea who he was giving his "attitude" to - customers. He kept asking us how many in our small group of 6 were having buffet meals, and how many in à la carte. After hearing him ask in an annoying manner, complemented by the unpleasant expression on his face, I politely gave him the very same answer given by the people I was with, with a smile that halted his unnecessary repeated questioning.

Already enjoying our dinner, I noticed him coming back a few times looking at our table, looking at our bowls and plates. That was the time I really got irritated, watching us from time to time while we were enjoying our dinner.

I always give a tip whenever I dine out. This time, I didn't give any. This restaurant with that waiter's unpleasant attitude is in no way excusable even if they are always being ran-off by delinquent, cheating non-paying customers which was told to us by our tour guide when he noticed the untoward attitude of the waiter as he talked to the lady bartender/supervisor/cashier regarding it, explaining why the waiter was like that. It only shows their poor management. Just like what our tour guide advised them, they can do it secretly, to ensure that no delinquent customer victimizes them again, but in a secret and polite manner.

After I settled the bill, stood and walked on our way out and heard of the waiter saying "thank you", that's when my patience and silence over dinner hit its limits. I'm very sure he was caught by surprise, together with the lady bartender/supervisor/cashier who was reasoning for his behavior which he didn't know while we were enjoying our dinner.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

As regular visitors to Boracay, this used to be our place for an All-you-can-eat feast. Not any more. The last 3 visits to Villa de Oro Mongolian BBQ, we have noticed that the bowls of veg and meat are not refilled until the staff are asked several times over - the same with the sauce pots, they are never refilled and when asked the staff visibly roll their eyes and huff!

So when we were there in October, it was raining. There were some tables inside with dirty dishes on them, so we asked the staff where we should sit and they pointed to a table outside in the rain. We gently pointed out to them it was raining and asked politely if they could clear one of the dirty tables and the member of staff (again) rolled her eyes, huffed and walked away. We ended up clearing the table ourselves.

The Mongolian BBQ is meant to run until 10pm, we were there just beginning to eat at 8:30pm and another member of staff came over, asked if we were finished because they wanted to close!

Overall, it's only good value if the bowls of food are replenished regularly and it's not too busy there as the standards really slip when there are more than 10 people!