“Perfect for watching the kite surfers of Bulabog”

7Stones Boracay Suites
Ranked #22 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect for watching the kite surfers of Bulabog”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Bulabog beach is parallel to the main White Beach, it is much quieter and all the rooms have verandahs which face the beach, allowing you to enjoy views of the kite surfers on Bulabog from the comfort of your own room.

7stones is about a 10 minute walk from White Beach, close enough if you don't fancy staying along the very commercialised White Beach. The walk isn't too pleasant though, as the pathway is narrow and a lot of it was wet (burst pipes?).

We had a two bedroom apartment, which was extremely spacious. Even the verandah had plenty of room and we loved chilling out there in the evenings. The only gripe we had about the rooms was that the wifi was weak at best, but then again you don't go to Boracay to stay connected with the world.

7stones is not a 5 star hotel, evident in little things such as the really thin towels, but what I did not like most was the breakfast, which left much to be desired.

Overall, I'd give 7stones 3.5 stars (out of 5).

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Victoria L
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed the privilege of being a front row spectator to the kite boarding action found in our side of the beach - Bulabog area.
We appreciate that you found our 2 bedroom Family Suite more than adequate for your accommodation needs. We will bear in mind your other recommendations on how we can better improve on other areas. This will be discussed with management for immediate action. Once again, thank you for posting your comments and we hope to be of service to you soon! Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've been a bit let down by a lot of Tripadvisor reviews, lately, and I think much of it is due to people who had either horrible or particularly good experiences. My experience here was not horrible, but it was quite disappointing, considering the stellar reviews thus far.

Let me start by saying that the facilities themselves were fairly good. Not 5-star, but 4. The grounds were well maintained and the pool seemed nice. The rooms are fairly accurately depicted in the pictures. My wife and I stayed 2 nights in the Superior Room and 1 night in the Junior Suite (they were fully booked, so we were unable to stay in one room for all 3 nights). The Superior Room was certainly a let down because: 1) the view, and 2) the bathroom layout. I don't know if all the Superior Rooms are the same, but we did let them know that we were celebrating our anniversary and requested a room with a view. I don't know if it was acknowledged, however (more on that later), but we had a patio that looked onto a... fence. Also, the bathroom door is positioned directly in front of the sink, so someone can't open the door fully (or halfway) while someone is using the sink. The Junior Suite was much nicer, although again - despite our request for a nice view due to it being our anniversary and all - we were given the worst possible room, closest to the noise of the restaurant/bar, looking out not onto the pool or beach, but into the white... storage shack?

I do not consider myself one of those self-entitled travellers, so I do understand that when hotels are fully booked, they're limited in what rooms they can offer you. But given that we had booked months in advance and let them know that we were celebrating our anniversary, I would have hoped for better or at least an... acknowledgement? At check-in, I asked if they had received my note/requests and they confirmed they did. The seemingly tired woman simply told us that we wouldn't be able to check into our room at that time (we were early) but that they would clean our room right away to accommodate our checking in within an hour (we weren't able to check in until 5 hours later).

I also need to point out that this was all after they had forgotten about our airport transfer (which I confirmed via e-mail with a Mr. Sarmiento prior to arrival) and we were held in limbo for a little under an hour while their transport company confirmed things with the hotel. No apologies were made.

I don't think I was treated poorly, but certainly underwhelmingly. They fell short of the 5 star quality that their price would lead you to expect. The smiles and great service that people have written about in their reviews only added to my disappointment.

My recommendation for couples travelling to Boracay: book your hotel on White Beach. It isn't as wild and crazy as they say (touristy, yes, but no drunks or obnoxiously loud noise). The hotels there, oftentimes cheaper, offer private areas on the beautiful beach (which 7 Stones does not - their beach is not very good unless you're there to go kite boarding) and offer much more variety in terms of food. I don't see why any non-kite boarder would stay at the 7 Stones, as the walk back and forth from the beach gets tedious, and it's priced over US$100 more than similar rooms at hotels on White Beach.

I tell you what, I was envious of those who stayed at the Boracay Regency. They have a prime spot on the beach with THE premier buffet in Boracay.

I think the 7 Stones would be perfect for kite boarding enthusiasts or large families that require large suites. That seemed to be the crowd, pretty much. Not a horrible place, but certainly keep your expectations in check.

Room Tip: Junior Suites and up... Standard Suite will disappoint.
5 Thank KoreaByWayOfNY
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

We sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with a bigger suite or a same room category for your honeymoon get-away. Unfortunately, at the time of the booking and during your stay, we were already running full and we had those two rooms remaining at that time.

It is a standard practice at our resort to take note of important details or requests emailed to us by our guests or from agencies who have booked for or in behalf of our guests. We take the time to respond to requests in a prompt and efficient manner and endorse this to the other departments concerned. We have already probed further on how this was handled.

As you noted, being made to wait for an airport pick-up is not appropriate and it is definitely not our intention to fall well outside of our own internal standards for providing attentive service to guests. The airport pick-up that you requested and was likewise confirmed by our Reservations officer was for regular seat-in arrangement. As explained to you via email last January 24, 2014, this means that the use of the bus and boat will not be exclusive only to your party, but you will be joined with other guests as well. This was the reason that waiting time occurred during the pick-up. A chartered or private transfer was also an option offered to you at that time you inquired if you really needed to be in the island immediately, but you have chosen the regular transfers instead. We hope this is clear now.

Nevertheless, we are very thankful that you have chosen to share your concerns with us. We will make sure that for other guests inquiring for transfers, the difference between a private and regular arrangement will be highlighted to ensure guest’s expectations are met and well understood by both parties. Like you, we highly value the consistency of top service that our resort is known for.

Once again, we apologize for the lapses in service you have encountered and we thank you for sharing with us specific areas that we can improve on.

If you have further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at reservations@7stonesboracay.com. Thank you very much.
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was there week ago with my partner. The whole place was awesome. This place is really relaxing though the rates is a bit expensive. The swimming pool is really beautiful, too bad I wasn't able to swim because I'm sick. The place is really quiet fit for those who wanted to relax and enjoy the scenery. The food is good, which a 100% recommended, credits to the chef. The front desk officer, Maricel is really accommodating. The staff we're neat. Entertaining waiters should be hired in their good restaurant.

Overall going back there is my plan.

Room Tip: Bring your Wifi device because sometimes wifi in the room doesn't work but not a big issue anywa...
1 Thank kkkkk_j
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We hope that you are feeling better already and were able to relax and rest well. Thank you for commending on our meal selections and service provided by our associates. We hope to see you and your partner soon at the resort!
Weifang, China
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The staff is absolutely lovely and helpful. We had a problem with our travel agency and they definitely saved us from being scammed. I can't express my gratitude enough to Mr Halgreen (Manager) and all his staff. We had a lovely stay, unfortunately not long enough.
The breakfast is clearly a feast, I advise you to wake up early, because when the hotel is full, it can be noisy (and less food... damn it!)
I only drank bloody mary there, because they are delicious!
We tried the restaurant once as well, nothing to say but yummy...
If you have back problems as i do, i strongly advise you this hotel, the beds are first quality...

Room Tip: I'd rather book a room on the second /top floor. You don't have enough privacy on the first...
2 Thank Rouroubila
Thank you for finding the time to post your review. We empathize with your unfortunate experience with a third party agent for your booking. The next time you plan for your holiday, please email us directly at reservations@7stonesboracay.com so we may be able to assist you with your room requirements. Thank you also for dining in our restaurant and sharing your recommendations on how we can better serve guests like you to ensure that ample portions and selections are equally provided.
This comment of yours will not be missed out on. Thanks again for your feedback!
Paris, France
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I spent 2 weeks in November of 2013 with some friends at 7 Stones. We shared a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was nicely furnished and well equipped. 3 TVs and dvd players, kitchen with large fridge, cooking utensils etc. Rooms were impeccable. Nice large terrace with view on the Sea. Breakfast was good with large buffet. Very friendly and attentive service. We stayed there during the typhoon Yolanda and the owners took great care of us. They evacuated us to their private home which was considered safer and arranged all the accommodations such as transportation and food. We had a safe shelter and waited together with them and other guest for the typhoon to pass at their house. I got sick and injured myself a few times and the owners wife which used to work for the red cross knew exactly what to do. Great people. The hotel manager is a very nice person as well, they really make sure you feel safe and that you are happy no matter the situation. Great beachfront to relax and watch the kiters do their magic. Friday night is Steak night with probably the best tenderloins on the island. Thank you J. and M. for making our stay on Boracay unforgettable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Interstellar55555
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the resort. We hope that we have met and exceeded your expectations and are happy to know that even a typhoon did not cause you not to enjoy your two week vacation in Boracay with us. As a team, we work very hard to ensure the safety, security and comfort of our guests, typhoon or no typhoon. The next time you are in the mood for another holiday escape, send us an email and we will work out a great deal for you. We wish to welcome you again with our relaxing and well-equipped suites, unique beach view and of course juicy and delectable steaks! See you soon!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Loved the hotel. Loved the room. Loved the staff. Did not like the wind. Did not love Bulabog Beach. The hotel is right on the beach and this beach is called Bulabog Beach. Bulabog Beach is not very good for swimming at all. Bulabog Beach is mostly for kite surfing because of the constant 25 mph+ (40kph+) winds that blow all day and night. Bulabog Beach is great if you like to sit on the beach and watch kite surfing. Bulabog Beach is bad if you like to swim. You are about a 7 minute walk to D-Mall which has some fun restaurants and shopping and a grocery store with everything you need. It is then another 5 minute walk through D-Mall and you are at White Beach which is one of the best beaches and swimming I've ever been to, very close to Boat Station 2. The beach at White Beach is pure white sand, and the ocean is sandy, warm, and calm. Great! There is lots of shopping and bars and restaurants all up and down White Beach in both directions for at least 5 kilometers each direction, with the best action down the beach toward Boat Station 2 and Boat Station 3. If you want to be in the heart of the action, stay in a hotel on the beach near Boat Station 2. 7 Stones is great and Bulabog Beach is quiet and pretty, but the action is definitely on White Beach at Boat Station 2, about a 12 minute walk from 7 Stones. The buffet breakfast at 7 Stones is very good every day. The bars have happy hour from 2pm-8pm and there are many fun choices for their 2 for 1 happy hour every day! Last - the pool is beautiful, but when the wind is blowing it is too cold to enjoy. Be advised that most of the rooms do not have an ocean view. I had a suite #110A and from the patio I could see the ocean. However, there was no other view from any window in the suite. The bedroom window looked into an alley - kind of depressing really. You'd have to be upstairs in a room or suite to have a view I think. Overall a great hotel with great staff and great service and a very good restaurant on Boracay on Bulabog Beach.

Room Tip: There is no view of the beach from the ground floor. Maybe higher up rooms have a view?
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marc L
We appreciate your constructive feedback. As noted in your review, the weather was not leaning towards your favor at the time of your visit and was beyond anyone's control. Should you want to experience a calmer side of Bulabog Beach at 7Stones, we invite you to visit between the months of May to September. During this period, you will be able to experience and appreciate a different Bulabog beach. Thank you for very much for pointing out the good qualities of our suites. On your next visit, may we invite you to try our Deluxe Suite and Family Suites which offer ample living and bedroom spaces and a spacious balcony where you and your friends can lounge on. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort next time!
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

The location is good. I can reach the bulabog beach and white beach soon. In the meantime, it's next to the bulabog beach instead of the white beach, so I didnt need to suffer from noise at night.
The breakfast provided is good enough, though it would be better if the breakfast could be some difference everyday. The room was clean and comfortable, and the employees were friendly. It's a nice hotel worth staying.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RedearthPeng
We appreciate the time that you took in informing us of your pleasant stay at the resort. We are happy that you were able to enjoy and experience a different side of the island. The tranquility and serenity that you experienced while staying in our resort in Bulabog beach.
We took note of your recommendation on how we can best improve our breakfast selections.
We will work together with our chef to come up with diverse selections to spice up morning meals at the resort. Once again, thank you for your time and constructive feedback and we look forward to your next visit!