“Ambassador is Paradise indeed!”

Ambassador in Paradise Resort
Ranked #27 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Makati City
“Ambassador is Paradise indeed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

It was by chance when I discovered Ambassador. We went to check out the popular Discovery Shores, We got tired strolling so we rested at the inviting chairs of the Ambassador. Immediately, a very friendly staff greeted us and gave us the menu and invited us to check out their hotel. I didn't get his name as they didn't have name tags but kudos to him because he was very accommodating and sincere. Needless to stay, he had us at hello and the very next day, we moved to Ambassador from Regency (which is also a triple A hotel in Boracay). So here's my review.

Ambassador is located in Station 1, just 2 resorts away from Discovery Shores and Two Seasons. It is nestled right at the beach front. Unlike other resorts, it doesn't have a cover in front so when you're seated at the veranda of your room, you'll have a view of the beach. The coconut trees in front gave the resort a very relaxing feeling. It has one pool in the middle of the resort. The pool is nothing fancy unlike the pools at the Regency but it was well maintained.

I appreciate that the owners, a Dutch and a Filipina, obviously set up the resort with the highest standards in mind. It is noticeable that the craftsmanship of the furnitures they have have chosen both inside and out were high class. It was as if they were building themselves a home instead of a business. The rooms are big and the bed is huge for 2 persons. I especially love the matress and the pillows. However, some of their sheets were stained although it's quite unnoticeable. I was just keen on stains since I have a laudromat as a business.

The resort was very clean tidy. There were staff who would always come and fix our room almost twice a day. They would always make sure to change your towels even at times, it has only been used once or twice. They have so many staff so there was never a time when we had to wait for anything. I just wished they had phones inside the rooms so the guests can easily phone the front desk when we have questions.

The restaurant was superb! When my fiance even saw the chef, he made sure to tell him that the food they serve were really good. We even had dinner there aside from our complimentary breakfast.

Things for improvement:
1) Phones inside the rooms so guests can easily call front desk if there are questions.
2) Name tags for the staff.
3) Aircon in the lobby/front desk.

All in all, my 4 days in Boracay was perfect because of Ambassador and the totally awesome staff!!!! I miss it already! I don't usually take time to write a review but I just wanted to share this great experience. I will definitely go back and hopefully meet the owners. Great hotel and great service must mean fantastic owners! =)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Went Filming on Borokay, our home base was the a
Ambassador in Paradise Hotel. It was simply amazing. We landed on the airport and from there on the hotel took care of everything. Luggage, transportation to the island on beautiful wooden boat, check in, It felt like coming home. You can feel, see and hear the hotel is trying to attend every little detail. The food was excellent and the freshly made fruitshakes were delicious. i'm editing the film as we speak and hope to put it online somewhere in november (you can watch it on the website of the hotel and youtube etc.)
The island offers everything from quiet beaches to relax, a good nightlife and a beautiful golf course, at one hole you tee off and the ocean is surrounding you on three sides (a tripple lynx), amazing!
Compliments!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

My husband & I had the pleasure of spending 10 days at the Ambassador and quite honestly, it was one of the best hotels we have stayed at. We had originally booked our vacation at another hotel in Boracay but were not impressed by this place at all. We decided to move and we took a walk down the beach at Station One to check out the other hotels. We walked into the Ambassador for a drink and really like what we saw - even from the outside the hotel looked very clean & new . The bar staff were very welcoming and polite. We met with Barry the General Manager and once we explained that we were thinking of moving hotels, he arranged for Raymond the Operations Manger to show us around the hotel and the different types of room. We were very impressed with the Casitas room and deceided to move there immediately. Barry was very helpful and even lent us the Hotel van to move our luggage.
Our room was amazing, it was absolutely huge with a big flat screen tv, a huge bed and a gorgeous bathroom which even had a TV in it as well as an enormous Jacuzzi tub, which we definitely made use of.

The restaurant food was also out of this world, fresh, great tastes and a good variety. The staff went out of their way to ensure that our every need was met - from Jessica who remembered our regular breakfast requirements to AJ & Jan the bar staff who ensured my husband's glass was never empty. The hotel even has a massage service which you could have down at the beach or in the privacy of your room.

We were unfortunate to get caught up with Typhoon Parma on our last day and Mr Joop, the owner, and his wife Nikki went out of their way to help us get of the island and back to Manila. Nikki travelled with us to Manila and even had their driver take us from airport to our hotel.
I honestly haven't got the right words to thank Joop, Nikki, Barry, and all the staff from Raymond, William, Jessica, AJ , Jan and even Larry the events manager for going out of their way to making our vacation so enjoyable. My husband and I will most definitely be returning to the Ambassador in the near future.

haarlem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

After a week traveling in the filippines we stay our last week on boracay in the Ambassador in paradise,on arrival at the hotel the staff gives us a nice welcom whith a coctail to start our stay there.
The rooms are very spacious and has a luxery design whit a marbeles vieuw at the white beach and clear bleu sea ,this location is as a 5 star beachresort most be .
The menucard is international for his dishes we taste a lot and everything has a fine taste .
If you looking for a good resort on boracay try this and you coming back for sure.

Friendly greetings Jan

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

You know, when I first walked into this hotel, I’ve noticed the careful attention to the details of the craftsmanship that was left nothing but the finest of its quality right down from the very spacious hotel rooms to the amazingly huge bathroom, as well as the flat screen tv and dvd with its great sound system, even the furniture on the beach and check out the hotel’s restaurant ceiling, the material used was of superb design quality. I’ve chosen a deluxe room and looking out from my glass door onto the terrace, not only my room or all other rooms as I found out are facing the beautiful white sand beach onto the blue waters of Boracay is….simply breathtaking!

The friendly and genuinely polite staff with their warm smiles and an impeccable service has given this hotel a gem that has truly earned the resort, in my personal opinion …THE ambassador in paradise with a luminous pink diamond service.

Oh never to be missed is the hotel’s restaurant, as I sit every morning and every meal enjoying the culinary distinction looking out onto the sapphire blue sky as reflected onto the waters is an astounding experience in itself…and for the sweet toothed lover in me, of course, I’ve checked out the dessert station and every choice I made was pure perfection.

I booked myself for 3 days on this very first trip in Boracay after a few abortive attempts as I made several vacation trips in the Philippines has now left me wanting for more….of Boracay and the Ambassador in Paradise….and I can’t wait for next year’s trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Scorp57
hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

we spent 5 days there and we were very impressed by the hospitality and the courtesy of the staff.

the room is spacious and clean. however, i was a bit disappointed that there is no bathtub at my bathroom.

breakfast is good. they serve free snacks at tea time.

there was construction work during our stay but i hardly hear anything from that.

1 Thank hkmandy
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

First of All - we have already decided to go back in Paradise in January 2010. I have already seen so many beautiful beaches and places in Bahamas, Maledives and Seychelles - but the last 14 days in Boracay especially in "Ambassador of Paradise" were extraordinary for me and my spouse. I read myself so many reviews before we started from Manila to Boracay and we have still choosen the wrong Hotel in Station 3.

So first of all always go to Station 1 Area - otherwise you will be dissappointed.

The Beach in Station 1 Territory is the most beautiful and clean (cause it gets cleanded by the Hotel Owners there daily).

If you want to relax and if you prefer a luxurious and still friendly and modern environment then book at "Ambassador of Paradise". It has opened in May 2009 - brandnew and very stylished (designed by the dutch hotel owner) and spacious Deluxe Rooms.

The bathroom alone is bigger then other 5 stars living rooms. Flatscreen TV with excellent Sound System and DVD Player is standard in every room - and the sound system is much better then my BOSE system at home.

Now you will ask, why you need TV and DVD (the hotel owner is also renting DVDs out to the customers for free ) in Boracay ? Cause we had some rain as well during the Monsun Season - and therefore we enjoyed sometimes the wonderful KingSize Bed with sometimes watching TV and Movies.

The Hotel is directly on the "white beach" and every Deluxe Room has a wonderful view to the Ocean and the Palm Trees.

Breakfast and Dinner under the Palm Trees directly on the Beach will be arranged daily from the Hotel Owner and there I really experienced the phrase "Candle Light Dinner"...can you imagine to seat 20m away from the waves, watching the sunset and dining wonderful menus with seafood and local cuisine as well. The Dinner there alone was every single day a "Paradise" experience.

For the breakfast, which is included in the price for the Deluxe Suite - you can choose a la card if you like a european-, american- or philippina-style breakfast. Fresh mango, orange or pineapple juices are included (bottomless).

The waiters and room service people are delivering a first class service, which is not standard at the philippines.

Another SuperPlus is the the fact, that the Hotel Owner has spent lots of money to buy only high class furniture in the appartments and also on the beach and pool side.

Also a SPA with very much various relaxing massages is available at this Paradise Place.

So to summarize, I really felt for 2 weeks as an AMBASSADOR of PARADISE and I will spent at least 2 weeks per year at this place for the rest of my life. And I recommend that you book there first hand and I will guarantee, you will gain the same experience as me.

If you go there say hello to the Owner Mr. Joop from me and Christina.

Kind Regards and a wonderful experience in Station 1 !

2 Thank CKONE2009