It was by chance when I discovered Ambassador. We went to check out the popular Discovery Shores, We got tired strolling so we rested at the inviting chairs of the Ambassador. Immediately, a very friendly staff greeted us and gave us the menu and invited us to check out their hotel. I didn't get his name as they didn't have name tags but kudos to him because he was very accommodating and sincere. Needless to stay, he had us at hello and the very next day, we moved to Ambassador from Regency (which is also a triple A hotel in Boracay). So here's my review.
Ambassador is located in Station 1, just 2 resorts away from Discovery Shores and Two Seasons. It is nestled right at the beach front. Unlike other resorts, it doesn't have a cover in front so when you're seated at the veranda of your room, you'll have a view of the beach. The coconut trees in front gave the resort a very relaxing feeling. It has one pool in the middle of the resort. The pool is nothing fancy unlike the pools at the Regency but it was well maintained.
I appreciate that the owners, a Dutch and a Filipina, obviously set up the resort with the highest standards in mind. It is noticeable that the craftsmanship of the furnitures they have have chosen both inside and out were high class. It was as if they were building themselves a home instead of a business. The rooms are big and the bed is huge for 2 persons. I especially love the matress and the pillows. However, some of their sheets were stained although it's quite unnoticeable. I was just keen on stains since I have a laudromat as a business.
The resort was very clean tidy. There were staff who would always come and fix our room almost twice a day. They would always make sure to change your towels even at times, it has only been used once or twice. They have so many staff so there was never a time when we had to wait for anything. I just wished they had phones inside the rooms so the guests can easily phone the front desk when we have questions.
The restaurant was superb! When my fiance even saw the chef, he made sure to tell him that the food they serve were really good. We even had dinner there aside from our complimentary breakfast.
Things for improvement:
1) Phones inside the rooms so guests can easily call front desk if there are questions.
2) Name tags for the staff.
3) Aircon in the lobby/front desk.
All in all, my 4 days in Boracay was perfect because of Ambassador and the totally awesome staff!!!! I miss it already! I don't usually take time to write a review but I just wanted to share this great experience. I will definitely go back and hopefully meet the owners. Great hotel and great service must mean fantastic owners! =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ambassador in Paradise Resort is nested in the best "White Beach" location here at Boracay Philippines. We'd love to accommodate conventions, weddings and guests like you who seeks paradise on earth! See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassador in Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador In Paradise Hotel Boracay
- Ambassador In Paradise Boracay