“Very nice stay!”

Ranked #28 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Amsterdam
“Very nice stay!”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We heard about this resort from a friend. She told us about a amazing new resort in Boracay. So we thought let's check it out. We were sursprised by the fantastic location, loyaltie of the staff and nice rooms. It's a brand new exclusive resort located at the best part of Boracay. From your room it's only a few steps to the very white beach :)
If you go I advise to use there Shuttleservice. They bring you to the airport and take care of tickets and your luggage. When we go back to Boracay we will go back to this resort. That's for sure!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank PieterSander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
manila
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I went to boracay to relax and unwind from the busy streets of Manila. On my first night in boracay I stayed at a different resort and was really disappointed with it. So the next morning I decided to look around the beach for another hotel and to my surprise I saw this new resort along station 1. It looked like a luxurious place yet cozy enough for my taste. After seeing the resorts name "Ambassador in Paradise" I got curious and decided to check it out.

As I enter the property I was greeted nicely by the staff and lucky enough I was introduced to the Operations Manager Raymond. He was very friendly and showed me around the property. I was amazed that all of the rooms had a balcony facing the beach. And the Casitas (honeymoon suite) is what every honeymooners would dream of staying in. and not to mention the bathroom was just simply magnificent. Kudos to the designer and architect of this place. Just a few steps from your room and your on the white sands of the beach already. So I asked for the price and even though it was a bit high for my stature I still decided to take it and transfer to this resort. (and believe me it was worth every penny that I spent) one more thing that I noticed was that there was no phones in the rooms. and i was told that it was for the purpose of us not being bothered and we can have our privacy. (and who needs a phone in bora anyway?) in replacement to that you can request for butler who is always around the resort that would tend to your request. (imagine having your own butler when you need one)

After transferring all my things.(and the staff was very helpful) I decided to relax at the beach, i was worried that there would be vendors around to bug me to buy souvenirs but to my surprise again no one disturbed me, as I looked around I noticed it was because there was a guard keeping an eye out for the guest. there are a lot of coconut trees as well if you want to relax in the shade.

At my first night at ambassador i decided to eat at the hotel restaurant and I was served by Leo who gave a very good service and very attentive to my needs. then the food was great as well. then at the bar I was able to chat with the bar tender John who was very pleasant to talk to while his mixing up your drink. I was also able to chat with the owner Mr. & Mrs. Vandertok who was a very pleasant couple and you can see that they really put an effort in making this PARADISE. And they told me that they hired a new GM that would improve the place much more.

well to cut the story short. I extended my stay I really enjoyed it here and I can really call this resort a Paradise! great people, great food, great service, great ambiance, Perfect view to relax and unwind. I Highly recommend this Paradise. I truly felt like an Ambassador!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank gianskie
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2009

What a fantastic property. Having visited Boracay a couple of times, I am relieved that someone has finally built a 5 star property in a great location, without losing the warm and friendly appeal of Filipino hospitality. The property is luxurious without being pretentious and is not so big that you feel like you could be at any hotel, anywhere. It is in the best location, directly on White Beach on the wonderful clean stretch of beach around Station 1. From the pool and bar area you can see the beautiful clear water and white sandy beach. There are tropical palm trees scattered at the front of the property that offer welcome shade in the afternoon while relaxing on a deck chair. The rooms are elegant with very comfortable beds and quality linens. A highlight was our bathroom – really something special. Nothing was too much trouble for the professional and friendly staff, all of whom did everything possible to make our stay memorable. I spent my birthday at this property and the owner Joop and his vivacious wife Nicki surprised me with a birthday cake whilst they and their staff sang happy birthday. When I travel, a priority is to indulge in the traditional food of the place I visit. Until the Ambassador, I had found it difficult to find traditional Filipino food of a high standard in Boracay. I mentioned that I was interested in trying local specialties and the chef offered to prepare a banquet highlighting some of the delicious Filipino food. A traditional sweet and sour soup with slices of fresh coconut, a roasted suckling pig, salted eggs, fresh salads – it was all divine. I cannot thank all of the people involved with the Ambassador in Paradise enough for making my holiday a wonderful and memorable experience. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Panther-L72
Haarlem
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Ambassador in Paradise is a nice, cozy resort. The room was large and the bathroom even had its own flatscreen! We could watch a movie while we were sitting in the jacuzzi having a cold glass of bubbles. The view is very good, we were able to see the sunset from our own balcony! Thats just great! Also the food was excellent and the people working there were more than helpfull. The two of us really enjoyed ourselves!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Manila
Reviewed August 18, 2009

It's been a while since I went to Boracay. And seeing this new hotel at Station 1 surprised me a bit... Unlike its neighboring hotels, The Ambassador in Paradise didn't get as much media attention even during its construction. So, I didn't have any idea about this hotel before I saw it.

I was glad that we were billeted there by our company. Seeing its structure for the first time, in such magnificent location already gave me an idea that our stay there would be memorably superb.

I really love the rooms given to us... with its proximity to the beach, yet private enough for us not to be disturbed by passers-by. The terrace (every room has its own) is the perfect spot to simply appreciate the beauty of the island and to people-watch. Oh yes, the bathrooms are unique and very spacious.

The restaurant / bar in front is also very relaxing... Though food orders may take time to get served, it really won't matter though because one can simply enjoy the view and the chat (with friends/colleagues) while waiting.

And of course, the WI-FI connection! From your room to the restaurant / bar, you will be reliably wired. Imagine Facebook-ing under the coconut trees with the magnificent view of the ocean and being kissed with the tropical breeze... your friends (in Manila or any part of the world) would surely get envious!

Kudos the friendly staff who extended their services beyond one's expectations. Nikki, the owner, was very hands-on on the hotel's operations. If she's not busy, you can have a chat with her while dining / or having some drinks and be inspired by her life-story... You can ask her about it, she shares it willingly :-)

I can't wait to go back to Boracay and stay at Ambassador... Our experience there was really memorable and wonderful :-)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank PinoyNomad
Holland
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed 1 month in the Philippines to travel around the country. Of course, Boracay was also on our list. We stayed first 1 night at the Two Seasons. Very nice room (junior suite), but the venue itself is quit boring.

At night we walked by the Ambassador: it looked amazing at night. We went to have a drink there and got in touch with the Dutch owner and his Philippine wife. A very friendly man with a high focus on customer service. He told us about his plans with the hotel and about all the things that are being done for the guests. Amazing how detailed and well thought of!

The next day we moved there for 2 nights. It was so good there we changed our flight tickets and stayed 2 nights more.

Service: our jacuzzi didn't work. Too bad. The hotel is still under construction (of which you hardly hear anything) so small issues can happen. But the owner moved us to the casita. A large room at the front of the beach. Big, luxurious, clean, just WOW! Without any extra charge.
We got free transport to the airport, accompanied with a staff member from the hotel.

Food: we ordered French foie-gras (goose liver). It was unbelievably good. The owner showed us the kitchen. It was so clean and so professionally organized, a Michelin star restaurant would be jealous.

Conclusion: it might be a little more expensive compared with the surrounding hotels/resorts, but the extra money is definitly worth it if you look at all the small etra things the resort does for you. It is a real 5 star place!
I highly recommend this resort to everybody who goes to Boracay.

PS: i didnt add any of my pictures of the hotel. The pics you see on the sites are exactly like it is in reality. Unlike with most of the other hotels. We have been to the Pearl of the Pacific. The have a nice advertisement with a beautifull picture. But in reality it is just a dirty old place that needs a LOT of maintenance. Worthless!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rvl1111
Amsterdam
Reviewed August 7, 2009

In the month July i went to the Philippines for several weeks and also visited Boracay Island. The resort were i stayed, Ambassador in Paradise, was excellent! The rooms are beautiful, the view is great and the kitchen is even better! My future trips to the Philippines will absolutely include a week in this hotel..
Grtz