“Good burger, cheap price”

Nigi Nigi Nu Noos Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 305 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Good burger, cheap price”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

They have a good special that is worth it. 300peso gets you a huge cheeseburger, fries, and a drink. Beer is included. Not a bad deal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brentxyt

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hobart
“Great burger”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had the cheeseburger special with a nice cold beer & the chicken parmi. Food great massive burger. Only negative the chicken didn't come with chips. Great people watching spot... Management should consider not allowing children & hawkers from walking within restaurant selling DVDs, pearls & bracelet. Apart from that they have got some classic tunes playing while u watch the world go by

Visited August 2013
1 Thank WessandCorinne
Manila, Philippines
“Great food, great place!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's my third time to stay at Nigi and I always enjoy the bar/restaurant both for its food and the exceptional service of its staff.

The menu is a little bit overwhelming: there are just too many choices and not enough of me to sample everything! Although I'm Filipino, I'm not very fond of Filipino food, so I can do without the sinigang and the pinakbet on the menu. Also, Nigi for me stands for Western food, so the Filipino fare throws me off a bit. So maybe less of that and more of the yummy offerings that customers -- both expats and Filipinos -- crave?

The ones I really, really love are the cheeseburgers (they come with fries and a beer/soft drink) and the all-you-can-eat ribs with the all-you-can-drink-beer (every Tuesday and Friday nights). They're big portions so I make sure I'm ravenous enough to savor every bite. The salads are also perfect for hot, sunny afternoons on the beach. I tried one of the specials a few days ago -- a chicken salad with mango, pineapple, raisins, greens and mayo and yogurt dressing. It was delicious! I can't wait until it's a regular on the menu. I wouldn't have known about this special if it weren't for Will, the American manager of the place. He's courteous and friendly, and willing to answer my many queries. Such personal service is greatly appreciated!

My girl friends and I hung out at the bar one Friday evening (after we had the ribs dinner) and had a great time! The three bartenders -- Noli, Lito, and Luis -- watched over us so we felt safe enough to just enjoy ourselves. It's not only the evening staff who are noteworthy. Among the day staff, Marylen and Marites always greeted me with a smile. Romie is efficient and cheerful, and I'm very grateful that when I left to catch my flight this morning, he offered to escort me with an umbrella (as it was raining quite hard) to the waiting van that would take me to the ferry terminal. It's the small details like this that make me go back to Nigi every time I'm in Boracay.

1 Thank Eam0806
pasad
“Poor Service because i showed my voucher first!!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Part of our package includes a free voucher for 4 Banana Split Ice Cream...It's 3:30 pm and we thought that's the best way to redeem our vouchers and decided to see the menu and try whatever specials they have. When we came in, a Male Server didn't even greeted us, i showed him our voucher and he spoke to one of the female servers, they spoke in their native language and laughed, the female server took the voucher and started preparing our ice cream.
The Banana Split Ice Cream are three scoop of Vanilla flavored ice-cream topped with 3 kinds of syrup, they didn't even bother us if we need anything. Since this place is the second one that gave us Bad Service in Station 2, i told my three kids not to finish the ice cream and find someplace to cool off.

Dubai
“Great expectations, bUt...”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to Nigi Nigi Nu Noos (they should have a tongue twister challenge for this place) after new
Friends I met in Boracay told me about their beer and ribs night for 620PHP. To be honest it was my first time to go there after all these years because it always looked like it was swarming with middle aged Caucasian tourists. Well it actually was.

Just to note, the beer and ribs night actually only runs from 7-10pm on Friday nights (we heard that it also runs Tuesday nights but I can't confirm that). Prior to that, from 5-7pm is their happy hour.

Even with the 2 for 1 deal on drinks, cocktails and mixes tend to be pricey,running from 180-250PHP, because they come in very small glasses (around the size of fast food children's meal cups),

Service is friendly and since this is the watering hole of many expats, they tend to be chatty with regulars, resulting in slower service at times.

To my surprise the ribs were in international standard sizes, not the typical small spare rib sizes in many local restaurants. They're the "boiled in marinade then grilled over coals" type of barbecued ribs. I wasn'tj too fond of the marinade, though, because it made the rib taste like adobo (meat stewed in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and peppercorns), not barbecued ribs. I'm not saying it's bad. I just wished that it tasted more like a barbecued rib rather than grilled adobo.

The accompanying potato wedges were great. They managed to cut down the oiliness of the ribs

When service came around the staff performance slowed to a near standstill to the point that we felt that it was deliberate so we will eat less. This isn't true of course but it did give off that vibe.

1 Thank AmANomad