The hotel is nice, we had a standard room which had a very nice bathroom and a large balcony directly over the beach. When there are private functions on the beach it is noisy, often with loud music. but that didnt bother us.
The biggest problem we had was with the food, it was way below standard and not what we expected. I agree with a previous reviewer that it is ridiculous to call Rima (Italian Restaurant) fine dining, as it certainly isn't. Its a nice location set high in the trees and with a cosy atmosphere, unfortunately I had to send my main course back twice, the lamb was raw and after a 20 minute wait, during which time my husband finished his meal, i was given something that was so overlooked I couldn't even cut it. I gave up and went without ... The manager tried to placate me with a free glass of wine and a dessert (of his choice!)
It didnt end here, the following evening we ate in the fish restaurant (Sirena) the food was ok but we had amazing service as the food and beveridge director personally came and spoke to us following our previous complaint. We felt better about the situation and thought we had been unlucky so far.
On New Years Eve the beach party was cancelled as the weather was wet so we managed to secure a table in the fish restaurant as we decided this was the safest bet. Wrong Decision! We chose the 5 course Lobster menu which was the special menu for the evening. It was awful. The lobster was tasteless and poorly cooked, it was poorly presented and the service didnt resemble anything like the service we had the previous evening. We didnt complain, we were tired of that. We just decided never to return.
Its worth mentioning that the Spa was pretty poor too. We had a couples massage, we were both asked for our preferences. These were then totally ignored and we got a standard off the shelf massage. This was not professionally done as the pressure was inconsistent, varying from non existent to painful! I read another reviewer comments that they begged for paper underwear, after asking I was just told 'keep your own underwear on or take it off!' I made a complaint about the whole experience but it was never followed up.
This is an expensive hotel and not with the money! Borocay town is a dump! There is a bun fight to get the shuttle bus back from DMall as there are never enough seats. My advice is dont bother going into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Prestigia, Hotwire, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort