We recently spent a week in Boracay for our honeymoon, and stayed at 2 hotels. Shangri-La was definitely a big splurge for us, but it was well worth the money. It is far and away the nicest hotel in Boracay - we also stayed at the second most expensive hotel on the island, and it was simply not at all comparable to the Shangri-La. The entire staff was wonderful, attentive and accomdating throughout our stay. Our Personal Butler, Vicente, was the nicest person in the world, and we loved having him around!!
- If you can, splurge for a Treetop Villa. We got a gorgeous villa at the very top of the hill, which offered a beautiful view of the beach, and a gorgeous sunset! The villa is a bit more expensive that tne regular room, but well worth it. It also had a great sitting porch and jacuzzi - which was filled for us (along with rose petals) every night in celebration of our honeymoon.
- Little extras - the staff brought us a number of little extras throughout our stay, including cookies and chocolates, which was a nice surprise at the end of a long day.
- Free breakfast every morning was delicious - the variety was great.
- Sunset bar - we would definitely recommend watching sunset and having a cocktail in one of the private tables. It was a great experience and the cocktail list was very expansive.
- Checking-in was a breeze. The Shangri-La met us at the airport, whisked us away on a boat, and we by-passed reception, and were instead taken right to our villa.
- Make some extra time to get around -given all of the hiills, you need to call for buggy service to go anywhere. It's a bit windy....but the great views at the top of the hill make up for the extra travel time.
- The food was definitely pricey, but there were a lot of great options. Drinks were overpriced, as well. If you want a less expensive dinner, you are better off visiting Stations 1-3 at the other end of Boracay.
- You are definitely a bit removed from everything by staying at the Shangri-La. We definitely enjoyed the privacy of a quiet hotel, but some people might way to stay at Station 2 or 3 if they want more action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Prestigia, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort