We just spent 4 days in a pool bungalow In Boracay and would highly recommend this place for a short beach getaway in Asia. In the past four years we have stayed at Amanpulo, Fourseasons Ko Samui, Four seasons Bali and Four seasons Kona and I would have to say the shangri-la is right up their with those top places to stay. Quality of beach front - Nothing could be as good as amanpulo, but SLBoracay comes close. There are two very nice swiming beaches the one side gets a bit crowded but the other there are very few people. In comparison Amanpulo has better beaches with no one on them. The beach at the Four seasons on Bali is unswimable and stinky, at Ko Samui Four seasons the beach looks great but is kind of hard to swim. On Kona at the four seasons you are swiming in a walled off piece of ocean. The bungalow at SLBoracay is huge, the bathroom is great and the pool attached to the villa with an outdoor shower is a great touch. In comparison the villas at Bali 4seasons probalby have a better fit and finish with some great bali craftwork built in. For the same price at the Kona Four seasons you just get a nice hotel room. The Amanpulo Villa we stayed in was very nice, but no pool attached for perhpas 50% more cost. All in all the villa at SLBoracay was perhpas a bit lower on the fit and finish than some others but still pretty nice. As for the resort pool hands down SLBoracay had the better pool than those other high end Asian resorts. Its a pool with lots of little private space. I do like the Kings pond at FS Kona a lot, but the other places FS Bali, FS Samui have relatively unintersting main pool areas....as for the food..not bad at the SLBoracay, but nothing special. To be honest there are 10 restaurants within 10 minutes walk of my house in Tokyo that have better food than any of these resort hotels. If you want good food, stay home..In conclusion I would say that if money is no object go for the Amanpulo. Otherwise I though the SLBoracay is better for a short beach holiday than FS Kona, FS Bali, or FS Koh Samui.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort