We stayed in this hotel in one of the tree house villas during the recent october holidays.
- Primarily choosen because of the reviews for proximity to our home location, and because excellent experiences with other Shangri-la resorts before.
From the arrival to the departure we were very well taken care of: airport pick-up with direct jetty boat transfer to the hotels own port and back. In between a remarkable stay with very friendly staff. Housekeeping was perfect, so the other arrangements. There's a lot of things said on the other reviews, I share most of the positive feedback given by the other visitors.
However, we were there during a time when the hotel was fully booked:
We found the pool and beach area is way too small to accommodate all guests interested. Most of beach time, all sun beds were blocked, though always some space was left on one of the beaches. The always friendly staff was available to find some space there.
The food quality and presentation on the restaurants was OK, but not exceptional, though. It can be very crowded during breakfast and dinner (buffet).
The Signature Chi Spa is OK. Therapists are capable.
Our kids (7) liked the adventure zone. The activities were scheduled indoors mostly.
In general, Boracay is a nice getaway in Asia with a bar nightlife, catering for the entertainment needs of the crowd.
Its not a place where you would go if you plan a solitude island adventure or a backcountry experience.
Overall average rating for the limited beach/ pool area and the food selection, quality and presentation.
All in all, the place was worth going to tick off the list, though we don't think we will come back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Prestigia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort