Was initially hesitant to pay such an exorbitant price for a stay here but they had a promotion and boy, was the money well spent. Granted, the property is not on the famed White Beach, but the resort itself has two private beaches for you to choose from, so you really get to enjoy the tranquility of it all.
The room was spacious with a huge bathroom, and beds were firm and comfy. Only bad point, and a major one that i had to drop a star is the inconsistent service staff. I asked for a foam pillow and a feather one was delivered; beach attendants always fail to tidy up the beach chairs when we left the seats but immediately rushed to tidy up Caucasian guests' ones, Pool attendants will rush to help Caucasian guests to look for a seat when they approach the pool...sense a pattern? Beach resort wise, I still think the best for me has gotta be Miami's Fountainbleu.
Housekeeping retorted with "Sir, a bottle of shower gel can be used by two people so you do not need three bottles for three people in you room", when I asked for additional bottles. You know how tough it is to rid sun screen with just one wash, right?
Breakfast included in the rate was excellent, with a huge gigantic selection and even with an ice-cream station. Pity about a certain huge group of nationality of tourists who kept pushing themselves to get first grab at the food, though.
As for trying to get the coveted pool chairs, you really have to come early to get one. And people just placed a towel or a book to reserve it for the whole day. They really need to follow Fountainbleau's way where if you ain't back within 2 hours then the chair automatically is up for grabs...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Agoda, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort