Boracay Island has become too dense and commercialized in the last 10 years. The Shangri-la resort and spa is the only property in the island that can offer a more exclusive slice of this paradise. The service is excellent, the F&B is top notch (buffets are Shangri-la's signature trait), and the landscaping, pool area and spa are beautiful and totally relaxing.
However, I was disappointed with the building that housed the hotel's regular rooms -- the hallways are narrow and can be slippery, the materials used are not 5-star. Even the regular hotel rooms were not stellar -- I expected a higher quality furniture and fixtures and a larger bathroom. For the price we paid, it could have offered a larger space with a larger bathroom.
The villas are the way to go if you can afford it.
If you choose to stay in this hotel, be prepared to take a 30 minute shuttle to town for some down to earth dining and local shopping). Spa is wonderful and go for the experience if you find it pricey.
The beach of the resort cannot compare with Boracay's white beach but at least it is exclusive. Would still recommend that you visit the white beach but be ready to brave the crowds (peak season) from demographics A-D.
It is good to visit this hotel even once and then move on to other beautiful islands of the PHilippines. Just avoid the months of June-October where rains and storms can ruin your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Priceline, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort