From the minute you enter Shangri La Boracay you experience pure luxury. From the numerous water features, open-space lobby and attentive staff you certainly get what you're paying for (and for what you're paying for, you'd better expect it).
I stayed in the ocean view room of the hotel, with great views. The Room was impeccable and spacious, nothing was spared when it came to detail. From the ethnic art hanging in the room alcoves, a large desk and all the functional amenities, this place tries to hit all the points and hits it quite successfully. The evening bed turning service left the complimentary slippers by the bed, the sheets turned and a chocolate on the pillow.
The hotel is fantastic for families or for couples looking for some romantic alone time. This is important to note as its location is quite a long way away from the activity and main beach. While the private beaches offered by this hotel is quite good, it does not have the incredible, fine white sand and coconut trees that Boracay is famous for. Prices for food and drink are very Western based (and almost reaching the expensive side of western prices) compared to the rest of Boracay, but if you're paying that much for the hotel, I assume this shouldn't be a problem.
Also recommend the breakfast buffet- a very extensive selection to start your day right.
And one last thing- the hotel's transfer service makes every effort to make it worth the price. As some of you may know, getting to the island takes a flight to an airport in the main island (Caticlan), followed by land transport to the port, a ferry to the island and transport to whatever resort you stay in. Shangri La's transfer service takes you from the airport to the hotel with the utmost attention and care. It's fleet of air-conditioned vans, private ferry service and waiting lounges give you a true VIP experience. Even when you're leaving they check-in your luggage for you, and will escort you right up to their private waiting lounge in the airport. Service bliss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort