“Budget-friendly, best value for money in Station 1”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bella Casa

La Bella Casa
Ranked #79 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Budget-friendly, best value for money in Station 1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this small hotel for 4 nights. I made the booking only through text messages and made a one night deposit to reserve. I paid 1,500/night for a room with a double bed.

They took care of arranging for airport pickup in Kalibo (the last time I went to Boracay via Kalibo was in 2003, and I came from Davao, which opened this route this year), the boat trip from Caticlan, and a service vehicle to take us to the hotel.

However, I have to say that it will be cheaper if you can make your own arrangements from the airport to the Cagban jettyport, be it from Caticlan or Kalibo airport - I opted for the hotel to arrange my travel from the airport to the hotel because I wasn't sure what to expect after years of not passing through Kalibo. I made my own arrangements going back and from this experience, I can say that there are accessible, hassle free and cheaper transportation options already present in Kalibo, and making arrangements through the hotel cost me 400 pesos more than if I did it by yourself. If you have heavy luggage with you (like me, since I stayed for 5 days), you can pay porters 20-30 pesos tip to carry it for you to and from the boat.

Once at the Cagban port, you can hire a tricycle for 100 pesos to take you to La Bella. They are located right beside Balabag Church. Ask the tricycle driver to drop you off right across Willy's Resort. A side street with a local police outpost is where the resort is located, less than 50 meters from where you got off.

The hotel is not beach front, so don't expect rooms with a "view" (their rooms have windows though).

From the hotel, it is a very quick walk to cross the main road and come out of the alleyway on the side of Willy's resort to the beach, Willy's Rock immediately seen to the right.

If you are going to Boracay mainly to enjoy the beach, sample the food of the excellent restaurants, and the noisy nightlife, La Bella Casa is a very good choice. Their rooms are clean. You can ask them for new beddings and towels (as often as you need) and to clean the rooms. Since you stay out most of the day, you don't feel shortchanged that you are spending so much for a place to just put your bags, freshen up and sleep at night. You can return to the hotel for a quick shower after your swim and then choose to walk the beach from Station 1 or a 20 peso tricycle ride to DMall to start your shopping and eating adventures.

There is a laundry service right beside the hotel, for 40 pesos/kilo of clothes. A small sari sari store is nearby for snacks and toiletries and is open till 9-10 pm.

Room Tip: Their pillows are not that inviting - ask if they can give you NEWER, softer or firmer pillows, depe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Jane G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My Boyfriend & I went to Boracay just this October 2012. We booked this hotel through agoda.com.. We stayed here for a couple of nights. The rooms are just simple & clean, it has cable & free wifi.. An excellent hotel to stay in Boracay, Station 1.. Our experience with this hotel is very comfortable & BEAUTIFUL.. It's really homey! Plus, it's very affordable even if you don't book a room from agoda.com or bookings.com.. :) The staff are friendly, they're really nice.. If you book this hotel, look for Kuya Kim! He's one of the staff & he'll accompany you to your activities & will even barter for you! All in all, VERY NICE.. I recommend this hotel.. BOOK IT! :)

Room Tip: Go for the Standard room on the 2nd floor, it's only for Php1,500 / night.. :) Look for Kuya Kim...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MissRuffa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days a couple of weeks ago. Considering it's price, La Bella Casa is a really good place to stay when going to Boracay, especially if you're the no-fuss type of traveler.

We were assisted on how to get to the hotel right from the airport, which was really convenient. When we got there we were given refreshments (timely because it was pretty hot when we arrived). The rooms are very simple, yet very clean. We stayed in the third floor, and it was cool to see that there was a common area with a kitchen and dining table (we didn't use both, but I thought it was great). It took us some time to "manage" the heater in the room, but I think that's a pretty minor issue.

It is not in front of the beach, which may be an issue for some, but it only takes a quick walk from the place to the beach. It is in station 1, i think.

Another thing I'd like to note is that their staff was willing to help us arrange our transfers even though our schedule was kinda crazy (we had to leave at around 3am).

Overall, I think this is perfect for people who wants to stay in station 1 but does not want to spend that much money, and don't mind not staying in a beach-front place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jmseven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were looking for a very affordable place. Since we were nine, we opted to get the barkada room wherein the bathrooms were found outside the rooms. In short, rooms were simple and bathrooms were clean (you can ask them to clean the bathroom anytime). Boracay is a place where you mostly stay at the beach, so this place is definitely one option to choose from. The best part was, they asked us every night what we wanted for breakfast! They'll even let you have both tea/coffee and juice for your beverage! Oh, I also love this place because of the very friendly staff. Special thanks to Kuya Kim who helped us with arranging the water sport activities. You rock Kuya Kim! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sam_Sanchez
Cainta, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Husband and I stayed at La Bella Casa de Boracay for five days and they were EXCELLENT. Initially we have my in-laws with us until Wednesday and we have the third floor area all to ourselves. The place was comfortable and beautiful. Very clean and you feel right at home. The rooms are very affordable and the service was fabulous. The staff were all helpful, polite and cheerful. The only downside is their location is a little far (about 15-20 mins walk) to the restaurants and shops. But if you want quiet, affordable, clean rooms and a short walk away from station 1's powdery sands, this is the hotel for you. There are tricycles you can take going around the island if you don't like walking around.

The standard room my husband and I transferred to after my in-laws left was cozy and clean. The breakfast that came with our room was surprisingly good and our family really had a great time with them.

Perfect place for families and barkadas on a budget and those that love taking long walks to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jai_Tadeo
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed here one night and got two rooms on 2floor. Rate is very reasonable and room had all the basics. One room was pretty dark and one rook didn't have a fridge. The staff were all very friendly. I overpaid but the reception staff pointed this out and gave me back my money (sort of unusual for boracay).

Tasty breakfast served in a nice space on 3f.

Location I quiet (station one) and very close to the beach. I would stay here again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Edoflyer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at la bella for 5 days... The room and location was indeed a great deal.

Room Tip: rooms at the 3rd floor where the common area is.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends