“Good value for money”

La Bella Casa
Ranked #75 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
“Good value for money”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days a couple of weeks ago. Considering it's price, La Bella Casa is a really good place to stay when going to Boracay, especially if you're the no-fuss type of traveler.

We were assisted on how to get to the hotel right from the airport, which was really convenient. When we got there we were given refreshments (timely because it was pretty hot when we arrived). The rooms are very simple, yet very clean. We stayed in the third floor, and it was cool to see that there was a common area with a kitchen and dining table (we didn't use both, but I thought it was great). It took us some time to "manage" the heater in the room, but I think that's a pretty minor issue.

It is not in front of the beach, which may be an issue for some, but it only takes a quick walk from the place to the beach. It is in station 1, i think.

Another thing I'd like to note is that their staff was willing to help us arrange our transfers even though our schedule was kinda crazy (we had to leave at around 3am).

Overall, I think this is perfect for people who wants to stay in station 1 but does not want to spend that much money, and don't mind not staying in a beach-front place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jmseven

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were looking for a very affordable place. Since we were nine, we opted to get the barkada room wherein the bathrooms were found outside the rooms. In short, rooms were simple and bathrooms were clean (you can ask them to clean the bathroom anytime). Boracay is a place where you mostly stay at the beach, so this place is definitely one option to choose from. The best part was, they asked us every night what we wanted for breakfast! They'll even let you have both tea/coffee and juice for your beverage! Oh, I also love this place because of the very friendly staff. Special thanks to Kuya Kim who helped us with arranging the water sport activities. You rock Kuya Kim! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sam_Sanchez
Cainta, Philippines
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Husband and I stayed at La Bella Casa de Boracay for five days and they were EXCELLENT. Initially we have my in-laws with us until Wednesday and we have the third floor area all to ourselves. The place was comfortable and beautiful. Very clean and you feel right at home. The rooms are very affordable and the service was fabulous. The staff were all helpful, polite and cheerful. The only downside is their location is a little far (about 15-20 mins walk) to the restaurants and shops. But if you want quiet, affordable, clean rooms and a short walk away from station 1's powdery sands, this is the hotel for you. There are tricycles you can take going around the island if you don't like walking around.

The standard room my husband and I transferred to after my in-laws left was cozy and clean. The breakfast that came with our room was surprisingly good and our family really had a great time with them.

Perfect place for families and barkadas on a budget and those that love taking long walks to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jai_Tadeo
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed here one night and got two rooms on 2floor. Rate is very reasonable and room had all the basics. One room was pretty dark and one rook didn't have a fridge. The staff were all very friendly. I overpaid but the reception staff pointed this out and gave me back my money (sort of unusual for boracay).

Tasty breakfast served in a nice space on 3f.

Location I quiet (station one) and very close to the beach. I would stay here again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Edoflyer
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at la bella for 5 days... The room and location was indeed a great deal.

Room Tip: rooms at the 3rd floor where the common area is.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank elli C
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 6, 2011

PROS:

1. Very cheap. We paid P1500 per night only (not during peak season) for a room good for two inclusive of breakfast.

2. Great service. There's always a person around whom you can ask for help. You can ask them to assist you with anything! They even microwaved our food that we took out from a different restaurant for free! :)

3. The staff is very friendly plus very efficient. They are all very helpful and approachable.

4. Safety is not an issue. We forgot to lock our room TWICE and we didn't lost anything. Lol :))

5. If you plan your activities (helmet diving, jet ski, etc.) through them, it's much cheaper than approaching the people who organize activities along the beach.

6. They have a generator. There was a time when the power went out (probably because of the strong winds that time) and all the restaurants and stores did not have electricity so we stayed comfortably in our hotel.

CONS:

1. It's a long walk from the main beach and d' mall. We almost always rode the tricycle to get to places and go back to the hotel. The tricycle costs P60 a ride.

2. The rooms are tiny but they're pretty okay.

3. The hotel does not face the beach. It's along a street.

4. No place to hang your clothes to dry. Lol :))

CONCLUSION:

It's not like the other hotels where there is a pool or a bar and a restaurant. They just have all the basic stuff (the rooms have a nice bed, air con, cable tv, clean bathroom, closet, etc.). Perfect for young college couples/friends (barkadas) who are on a budget. But I do not recommend this hotel to foreigners! There are a lot of other beautiful hotels perfect for foreigners along the beach. Lol :)) I also do not recommend this hotel to first time Boracay visitors. It would be better if you know your way around Boracay already before you stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank HeyIvy
BeatifulHome, Manager at La Bella Casa, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you very much for you positive response.. see you again next
Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I should have wrote my review sooner. I just wasn't sure my exact opinion on this place. If you are on a budget this is probably the best deal for the price. We actually got it for $25/cad a night with doing an advance payment. When we arrive I was a little turned off by the alley you have to go etc. However, it felt like a more authentic experience. We were there for 2 weeks..which gave us time to recognize locals..etc. However, 2 weeks is way too long in Boracay. I would recommend a max 4 days. Anyways, our room was on the second floor and was very dark but not too bad. However, because we were staying so long we thought after a few nights we would see if one of third floor rooms was available (there are only have 2 rooms up there). One has the bathroom on the exterior we had the other one. It is the nicest room in the whole place. I think they call it the family room. I wouldn't say it was that big but much nicer and larger then the other room. Anyways, we negotiated and got the room for only $10/cad more a night. No was staying in the room next and the hotel was pretty much empty so we felt we had the whole top floor with loft and common room to ourselves. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and you can tell the hotel in front called Willys that you are staying at la bella and they will let you use the loungers on the beach. One tip - I noticed our first breakfast was really good, and we never tipped so they got gradually worse over the stay. I am not sure if this was because we didn't tip. I wouldn't have tipped next time. Also, in the morning they tend to cook the staff food with fish sauce....which really stinks up the place. So this place is hard to recommend because for the price and value we got was really good. However, I wouldn't really want to stay there again so I can't really recommend it. I do know out of all the people we met who were staying in Boracay we got more space and were paying 1/4 of what they were paying. Anyways, if you can some how get the top floor room for a good price I would say give it shot if you are on budget. I do have to say this was my absolute very party of white beach. Near Station 1. The rest are overcrowded and you get hassled a lot.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple