WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Boracay Sands Hotel

Boracay Sands Hotel
Ranked #50 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Huwei, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
“Nice hotel at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Borocay Sands Hotel. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. It is a bit chilled though and not for someone who is looking for the best quality.If you can look past that, it's a great hotel for the amount you pay to stay there. All in all I had a good time. The location is great as it is close to the main part of Boracay, but far enough so that you still have peace and quiet. The best part is that you can just walk straight out of the hotel and into the ocean!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have more natural light.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Angela-Kay W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Actually i have do planing to stay this hotel which are good reviews from tripadvisor! BUT is really SUPERB bad service are provided by this hotel! on 9th May, I have email to their hotel to inform that looking to make the reservation, but is no any reply from them after 3days, so i decide to make the internation call to check about the hotel availability, but the hotel just only give me the another email address and inform me that their internet system down??!! (their website still can able to book online, is that really system done or just looking to ignore their wrong??? ) after i get the new email, so I have try to email to the email address : mj_single@yahoo.com and only can get his reply after 2 days and inform me the room are available but i have to contact with another email which refering to the General manager Ms Meg Genio, but I really don't know what is their service are provide to the guests?? I patient to waiting her reply after email sent, and I just try to believe that the person who's are mj (mj_single@yahoo.com) to inform me the room are still available, but unfoturnately, after whole day wait the hotel General Manager reply (no reply at all!!) , i noted that the room already fully book with refering their website!!!! Is that the service are provided by this hotel which are good reviews from tripadvisor???? Just know to ignore customer email and also even didn't inform the guests if the room already fully book????!!

I been many hotel before even 2-3 star hotel, but I really never get the service like those stupid service provided like Boracay sands hotel!

Btw I should feel lucky, because I still haven't book this hotel yet, unless better that after book will facing those bad service from this hotel! I think i will spoil my holiday trip if been book this SUPERB bad service hotel!

Anywhere behave yourself and think twice before make any reservation from this hotel because they won't care about the guests who's are looking to stay their hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Jesphannie
CUMBRIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We walked into this hotel fed up, soaking wet with no luggage (left in Manila by Cebu Pacific - but arrived the same evening much to our relief) and although it was more than we wanted to pay as there were only suites left, I insisted we booked it for a night. When we saw the room we immediately booked it for 5 nights and got a discount. The room was modern, clean, great bathroom with bath and shower and huge glass doors onto a fabulous balcony only metres from the beach, i loved it. We found breakfast disappointing as it seemed to cater more for Asian taste - understandable as the hotel guests seemed mostly Japanese or Korean. There was an indoor pool which we didn't see anyone use and neither did we as we spent most of our time on the beach and wandering up and down the road full of shops, stalls, bars and massage areas! There were only a few sun-beds with beach umbrellas supplied by the hotel and it was worth getting up early to get an umbrella as we did get burnt (even through the cloud) when we didn't have one.
I'd say the hotel could do a lot more in terms of serving food and a decent bar (there was one but it was never staffed) however we didn't care because the room and location was fabulous.
Boracay was much busier than we expected and in hindsight maybe 3 days there would've been enough but overall we had a nice time. Although we thought the hotel was expensive it was probably ok value compared to everything else in Boracay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the sea-view rooms at the front with a massive balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jemc67
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This Hotel is beautiful and clean, we own a hotel so i know that this hotel use good quality materials and had a good workmaship, they had a good designers and engineers. There rooms had philip lcd tv and ipod docking radio. There room rates are very affordable. My only problem with them is that they have to change there aircondition, its extremely noisy!, every time the compressor turns on I woke up!. Regarding there hotel staff well they are very well mannered but they need more trainning, when I checked in it took the almost to hours to clean my room, I asked then why is it taking so long, the front desk personnel answered me "hindi ko ba alam sa kanila!" she was referring to the housekeeping :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carmover
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed here for 3D2N in December 2011. Located in Station 3, this hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of Station 2, thus, there are fewer people and much more fewer vendors here.

The rooms are great; the beds are comfy and big. The bathroom though could use a bath tub since there is ample space. Outside, the hotel looks like a gleaming white mansion.

As for the service, it's top-notch. The hotel arranged everything for us: the pick-up service from Caticlan Airport, where we were greeted by the hotel staff and driven to their own boat to ferry us over to the island and shuttle service to the hotel itself; the drop-off service going to the ferry station then to our shuttle bus going to Kalibo Airport; and our round-the-island boat ride. Everything was perfect; we didn't even have to lift a finger and all our needs have been catered to.

The furnishings of the hotel are tasteful; very chic. Since the hotel is just 3 floors, there is no need for an elevator. Plus, there is a small pool inside, and come night time, it lights up! Kids will have a blast when they see it.

I've noticed that a lot of the patrons of this hotel are East Asians: Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and Taiwanese. We were perhaps the only locals there.

While the hotel is quite a walk away from Station 2 where most restaurants, bars and people are, there are quite a number of nearby restaurants, too within a 5 to 10 minute walking distance. Plus, a small stretch of stalls selling an assortment of souvenirs, beach wears, and other merchandise can be found just behind the hotel.

So, if you'd like to have a relaxed and serene atmosphere, the Sands is definitely one of the hotels you should consider.

Room Tip: If choosing a room, choose the beach-front rooms on the 3rd floor so you'd have a balcony overlo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank shuurei
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Excellent choice in Boat Station 3. Exceeded expectations. Just got back. Enjoyed stay. Right on beach footpath in boat station 3. Nicest part of White Beach. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. I had first floor room near pool. Super quiet. Kinda cave-like since no view from room but I'm not the type to stay in room anyway. Well appointed. Clean. A bit of musty smell but normal on tropical island. Mostly caters to Korean tourists but good for all. Highly recommended....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Worldtravelguy
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Excellent hotel. Clean, beautifully designed. Comfortable room. I am impressed with this hotel. I found this hotel here in tripadvisor and reading the good review I decided to book. Booking is quick and no hassle. I am very happy with the price considering the hotel’s triple A rating. The price is worth it. I booked for a deluxe room. Room is spacious, clean, well lighted and complete with the basics (toiletries, towels, umbrella, safe-box). The hotel’s location is just right for me. Beachfront and just at the border of station 2 and station 3. So it is not as busy as in the station 2 area.
The staffs are very kind, always smiling, friendly, and always helpful. Breakfast is very good. They prepare for all either you like Chinese, American, or Filipino style breakfast. Not much but good and just enough.
WiFi is free. Just ask at the reception for the access.
Welcome drinks when you arrive while checking-in. A staff helped us with our bags and showed us our room.
I stayed here 01-06 Oct and the first 2 days were raining due to the typhoon but I still did enjoy. Cloudy most of the time but the last 3 days were sunny. It is nice to swim at the pool after staying all day at the beach especially when it is really very hot.
This is a really good hotel and I very much enjoyed staying here.
Worth coming back to!

Note:
Bring adapters or extension for your electrical needs (such as chargers, laptop, etc.). There is only one electrical outlet available in my room and it is flat. I went out to the main road to buy one in the electrical hardware shop.
Swimming pool is not heated but it is not too cold.
No smoking in the room but can smoke outside and in the lobby. The staff will provide you an ashtray.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple