“Blessing in disguise”
Review of Eriko's house

Eriko's house
Ranked #101 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had to find another accommodation since I had a miscommunication with the first guesthouse. They only reserved us a room for a night instead of two.

I'm glad I found Eriko's because we got a bigger and better room at a cheaper price. The room and T&B was very clean. The bed was big enough for two persons. The best part is we got a room with a veranda overlooking Le Soleil's pool area. The drying rack was also very useful since we got to dry our wet swimwear.

Room Tip: Better if you can get rooms at the second floor. We got a room on the third floor and it's quite...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Excursionista14

Reviewed March 29, 2013

we had our stay here last june 2012, since we were staying for one week we decided to search for cheap rooms, our friends recommend the place for us because they stayed at Erikos before, so we ended up there. Its really affordable, the rooms were clean, staff were accommodating and polite. Wifi is poor but its ok.. overall experienced were very good. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights from 13 to 16 November 2012 and payed 1200 PHP per night (I arrived late and negotiated with a nightguard). For the first night I've got a very good room on the first floor, it was big and clean. But then administration told me that I have to change room because it was expensive or to pay 800 PHP per night more. I refused to pay and moved to another room, on the 4th floor. The interior there was simpler but instead I had a small veranda there. A window looked to the yard of a hotel near - Le Soleil Boracay (or something like that). I even could see a small piece of sea from veranda. And it was very quiet there. The staff was friendly.
So I can recommend this guest house, I enjoyed staying there and it's absolutely worth of these money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank R_Catherine
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The room was good and simple. But for the price, it was already good. The problem was there was a smell coming out from the drainage of the bathroom. It was so smelly. But if your looking for cheap rooms near the beach front, this is hotel is ok.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Eriko's guest house is in Station 2 just a few steps away from D Mall. It's also near the other guest houses like Shenna's and Tans. I stayed there last Oct. 26-28, 2012. I stayed at the 4th floor. It's a bit of climb but I didn't mind. Since I only paid 1,000/night. Not bad especially if you are a solo traveler. The amenities are quite basic (A/C, TV, Refrigerator, Toilet with hot and cold water) plus I've got a balcony. However the view is a construction site of a new guesthouse nearby. They provide two towels, however you have to bring your own toiletries because they don't provide them. It also has clothes hanger which is good to dry out your swimsuits and towels. You can also buy fresh produce from the markets and have them cook in the house for a price. I didn't try this though so I wouldn't know if they cook well. Everything is good, my only complaint is the non-existent service from the front desk. I had to leave my key before I went out for dinner, I had to wait for quite some time because there was no one manning the front desk. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed here last June 28-July 1, 2012. I stayed at the farthest room to the left of the stairs in the second floor, right next to the laundry area. It was a great room, the view was not pleasing because there was a building being constructed but I had a veranda. If you smoke, that is a plus. The hotel has a guard so it made my worries about Boracay's increasing robbery incident at least dissipate. My room was fit for a solo traveller. It has a great bed, queen size at that and it was soo comfy. Not too soft, not too hard.

The room can pick up wifi signals, has cable TV so I can watch NHK and other cable networks I don't want to miss even if I was on vacation. The bathroom was clean and the staff gave me two towels. There were no fancy soap or shampoo or anything like that. There was hot shower. I'm not sure if the cold shower works but mine was set to luke warm. One hassle I had with my room was how the restroom was built. I think it was built with foreigners in mine because the mirrors are high, the controls to the shower were so high so I can't reach them. Nonetheless, since it was set to lukewarm, I was happy with it. The water was okay, you can even drink straight from the tap and store your water in the ref to cool.

The staff were super nice and accommodating. You can ask them to clean your room and they will happily oblige.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Diana R
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were in Boracay in October of 2011 and the guide who met us brought us to Eriko's. We had a pleasant stay there. The rooms were adequate and the price was really within our budget (P1,500.00/night/room which was good for 4) It is connected to the beach by a short alleyway which is safe to pass through even at night. Though without a view of the beach, the hotel is just a few steps away from all the action.
Since this is a budget hotel, make sure you bring all the necessities (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and soap). Towels and toilet papers are provided for, though.
There is no restaurant here but no worries, the place is practically surrounded by food joints and bars and it's only a few minute walk to D' Mall.
Though I'm not planning to go back to Boracay due to the vast number of tourists there (the place was teeming with foreigners even if it was typhoon season!) I won't mind staying at Eriko's again should I go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends