“best location for a budget hotel”
Review of Eriko's house

Eriko's house
Ranked #100 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Went to bora twice and found eriko's, which is very accessible to everything. It is located at station 2 near d'mall, close to mini grocery, 24 hr, diner which offers the best mango and buko shake in town.Less than a 100 steps and you're in the beach. We paid 2000/day for an aircon room with terrace good for 3 pax,peak season rate, cheaper than any other hotels. The only downside was i find the bed quite hard that i was not able to sleep on my first night, but was able to resolve it by requesting additional pillows for a minimal fee. Also, wish to suggest to change the toilet sit. They only provide tissue and towel and so do bring your own soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste.
Don't forget to visit the grotto located at station 1 and ride on ATV (400) or BUGGY(800) which will take you to mt. Luho and meet Battina, the friendly bat. You can also try the chori burger,lemon muffins and to my surprise, there's isaw and barbecue in bora for only 10pesos per piece. Enjoy your trip!

Room Tip: choose a room with terrace
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maria294248

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed there for 5 days and 4 nights. Loved the location coz, it was like 1 minute walk to the beach. It's a budget hotel so don't make so much expectations. I guess its important that we put that in mind. The rooms are good for 4 persons. We had a room with a terrace it was a plus for me. They have a kitchen where you can cook for a minimum charge. Sheets will be changed for a charge. If you are looking for a budget hotel with a good location this is it. just don't expect too much.It's close to D'Mall less then 5 minutes walk. Overall, it was okay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor, there's no elevator :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan878
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Erikos is located smack bang in the middle of Station 2, the place to be ! 30 meters from the beach.

The rooms are big and clean, tiled floors, fridge, tv with international channels, Air Conditioned, balcony and great beds with linen and towels provided.

The staff are very nice and there is a security gaurd overnight who looks after your key whilst you are out.

The rate I have paid varied as I have had different room types, but it was definitely excellent value compared to some other places my friends stayed at.

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 12 months and will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 30, 2012

-Very low water pressure
-Showers did not drain
-Only one power outlet in room, and that was used by tv and fridge
-Refrigerator did not get cold
-No shelving or drawers to store clothing
-Safebox "did not work" in room and had to use a poor wooden box in office to store
documents/money
-Maid service was only once every 2-3 days, and that was a battle to get them to do it
-Hard to find location away from beach down a alley
-Rude receptionist

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bigalsnow
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My good friend and I decided to go to Boracay to just relax, party and have fun. We didn't book any accommodation in advance because that's how I always do it when I go to Boracay and I've never had a problem with that. This time around though, it was quite hard finding a place but we finally came across Erikos. They offered us a room for Php1,800/night. A bit pricey in my opinion but I guess considering it was Chinese New Year (which we had no idea was going on), the price was ok. The room was clean, had HOT and cold showers, a TV, a mini refrigerator and our balcony had a nice view of the hotel next door however, what I didn't like about it were the following:
- ever since we checked in, no one came to clean our room (I even had to borrow the broom and sweep the floor) or take the trash out (there was only 1 trash bin and obviously it got full after just 2 days).
- there was a funky smell coming from the bathroom. It smelled like the sewer or a dead rat. I hurled a couple of times upon entering.
- the shower water pressure...hmmmm. What water pressure? My supposed 15 minute shower turned to 30 mins because there was hardly any water coming out.
- no mirror in the room! >.<

I guess the best thing about this place in my opinion is its location. It's located in Station 2, is just a few steps from the beach and is right next door to Summer Place (bar/pub/club). So for those who want to party the night away, this location is perfect! For those looking for a little more peace and quiet, I don't think this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank morenabeachbumm
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The bathroom door broke on my first day here and I got locked in for half an hour. Staff were not apologetic at all. Air con doesn't work properly. Staff not friendly. Room is clean and big but not worth P2500

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank MelG7
Reviewed October 10, 2011

It was my first trip alone so i decided to get a reservation at Tans Guesthouse, since i have stayed there with my cousin months ago. But it was already full so i was referred to Eriko's house. The room was big with a queen size bed, aircon, cable tv, mini ref, hot & cold shower, wi-fi and a balcony wih a very nice view! It also has a cabinet with hangers and a rack for hanging wet clothes/ towels. All these plus breakfast (silog choices & brewed coffee) for P1,000 per night! Very budget-friendly indeed specially for a lone traveller like me. What made it very different from the rest is that the location is at Station 2, where most accomodations' price range is high. Near D' Mall and most restaurants and bars. It is just a 3-minute walk to the beach. Eriko's also has very friendly and accomodating staff. This would definitely be my home everytime I'm in Boracay.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo