We saw their buffet while walking on the beach and we decided to try it for dinner. Good selections for their price per person plus a bit of entertainment.
Some of the items are the usual buffet items but a few of the dishes were really, really exceptional. They have fresh 'lechon' (roast pig) that they have just roasted beside the restaurant during the afternoon, chili crabs, steamed lapu-lapu (fish) and about 4 kinds of sushi. They also offer a selection of seafood and skewered pork belly grilled on the spot.
Make sure you leave room for desserts as they have colorful 'palitaw' (a kind of sticky rice cake) and halo-halo.
When we asked for service water, they told us that there was none because the water filtering system does not work during brownouts. Later, a group from a government agency came in and they were served with service water so we asked the waitress about it. She said that water was now available - so we got some. However, I noticed that they did not serve water to the other patrons - I guess it's best to bring your own drinking water next time.
As for the entertainment, it really depends on your taste. They had an ethnic band when we dined and although I am a music lover, the music was too loud for my liking. We also didn't like the fire dance mainly because of the permeating smell of gasoline from the lamps the dancers were using. Next time, we will choose a table far from the stage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boracay Island is blessed with a combination of natural beauty and a wide choice of up-market services. Included in the up-market services are a multitude of good quality restaurants, cafes and bars, plus numerous fun-filled vacation activities, ranging from sea-sports, bungees, golfing and for the more tranquil at heart just lazying around nearby beaches. The ideally located Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center, where every room is just a 1-4 minute walk to the beach, offers a wide range of accommodation facilities, from a mansion, summer houses, villas, executive suites and individual deluxe rooms all set around three average-size swimming pools, within a 4 hectare lush open landscaping. Combined with the resorts distinctive architecture is the exemplary level of our personal hospitality, where our friendly efficient staff welcome the opportunity to be of service to you, our valued guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Mgm Boracay Resort Village
- One Mgm Boracay Resort Village Hotel Boracay
- Onemgm Hotel Boracay
- Onemgm Boracay Hotel Village