The reviews are a bit misleading and the pictures associated to this hotel on tripadvisor are also very deceiving. We booked 2 nights originally at the crown regency PRINCE resort in station 1. We arrived and were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. The room was nice, decent size and clean - however the hotel lacked amenities. There was no pool, and the walk to the beach on station 1 was approximately 7 minutes through a back allyway road (which is 'normal' for boracay). I would have been a little frightened to try to make the walk via the allyway at night as it didnt seem like it was lit and it wasn't really an 'official' path so I am not sure how many other people would be around late at night to help you feel safe. With the distance to the beach and the lack of pool, we decided to change our second night to the crown regency beach hotel (in station 3). Although a little bit more expensive, it was well worth it to be ON THE BEACH, and to have a really nice pool with a beautiful view. The room was comparable in the crown regency beach - maybe even larger, just as clean, however I saw a few ants in the bed - they didnt bite, so it really wasn't too troublesome.
All in all, for the Crown Regency Prince the staff is very friendly and courteous and the rooms are clean. If you really prefer station 1 to station 3, then this could possibly be a better choice for your travels.
I would have originally given this hotel a 4 star rating (out of 5) - however the morning breakfast buffet was really sub-par. We arrived ~ 9:30 AM (the breakfast goes until 10 AM i believe), and there was hardly any food left. Where there was food, it was cold. The eggs were not very tastey, and the bacon soggy. I think they only cook for the amount of guests that they have, and if you miss out on the fresh food you are kind of out of luck - which is what I think happened to us. Because of the poor breakfast, I am only giving 3/5 stars.
The crown regency beach front in station 3 also has breakfast included in the room and it is much nicer - there is a made to order egg station, and other hot items which they kept hot and replenished. They may have kept the breakfast more fresh as it seemed there were many more travelers staying at the beach hotel versus the prince.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unrivalled charm, understated sophistication, and sincere Filipino hospitality, Crown Regency Prince Resort is a beautiful beach haven with a distinct personality. Drawing inspiration from the element of fire, this resort is thoughtfully designed in sun-drenched hues. Located along the Main Road of Station 1, Boracay Island, the resort is only a 5-minute walk from the beachfront. This 3-star resort also features 36 fully furnished rooms and the signature Lobby Lounge. Island Tour options are available at the Tour Desk. Airport pickup and drop off from Caticlan and Kalibo are available. Check-in time is at 2:00 PM and check-out time is at 12:00 noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Crown Regency Prince Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Regency Prince Resort Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Crown Regency Hotel Boracay