This is a massive resort style hotel that targts golfers. It is a beautiful golf course and 2 small private beaches.
- the room. it was large, modern and very clean;
- compared to the rest of boracay this hotel has an open feeling with lots of space and green grass. Even at peak times (we were there in easter) it felt uncrowded;
- the private beaches. They are almost as good as white beach but have very few people on them.
I note that:
- service is inconsistent. It would definitely appear that golfers are treated preferentially. Lucky for them.
- the staff do not really have an idea about what is happening outside the resort;
- our phone calls to reception were never picked up. And I mean not once in 6 days!
- house keeping forgot to clean our room (twice);
- wireless internet is good but only available at the clubhouse;
- there is no room service;
- there are no towels provided for the pool or beach; and
- a lot of construction in ongoing. This is mostly a visual thing. We did not here anything.
Average to really bad and severely overpriced. Head down to whitebeach for variety and value.
The Location and Transport
There are two transport issues. Inside the resort and getting down to the action in whitebeach. We personally found neither a problem. We walked or got a lift within the resort. There are lots of shuttles whizzing around to move people around. You can get one of the staff to call them if you need to.
Getting to whitebeach was fairly easy... we either got a tricycle or took the hourly shuttle (free). Despite the location issues, it really is a beautiful location and to me that makes it ideal if you want some tranquility a little away from the frenzy of whitebeach.
Warning - our building had no lifts so if you have mobility issues then three flights of stairs may be a big issue. The grounds are also quite hilly so you need to take that into account.
OUR TIP try to stay at building 1... it is the closest to the beach, clubhouse and big pool. Other buildings are a LONG way from anything.
Conclusion: I would recommend it but only if you are happy with the location and dont mind a little walking or waiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a private white sand beach and an 18-hole golf course, Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay is an eco-friendly resort that also features 6 swimming pools and 12 food and beverage outlets. Free internet access is provided in designated areas. Each of the more than 700 air-conditioned rooms has views of the garden or golf course. Each room is equipped with the safe, LED flat screen TV, fridge and tea/coffee maker. Baby sitting, laundry and salon are also available on-site. Guests can enjoy exclusive amenities found within the resort including fitness and wellness center which features hot tub, steam bath, sauna and gym. For relaxation, they can have a massage by the beach at Maris Spa or head to Bluewater Spa. Horseback riding, zip line and cable car rides is also available. La Terraza Restaurant, overlooks the beach while the Veranda Restaurant, which offers a view of the golf course features a local and international menu. Laguna Cafe offers Modern Asian cuisine while the modern restaurant, Monterey Cafe dishes out international cuisine. Ventana Restaurant for its part, is popular for its Eurasian dishes. A private dinner by the pool or beach can be arranged on request. Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay can be reached via 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan, followed by a 5-minute ride to Boracay Island via the resort's speed boat. It is a 25-minute transfer from Cagban Jetty Port. A free hourly pick-up from D'Mall is provided until 22:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Fairways & Bluewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways And Bluewater
- Fairways Bluewater Boracay