“One memorable hotel experience!”

Fairways & Bluewater
Ranked #28 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Pasay, Philippines
“One memorable hotel experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

It was our first trip to Boracay and we chose to stay at this hotel. We got a good deal from this hotel from a travel expo last Sept 2013. It offered the lowest price among those hotels that participated. Upon arriving at the hotel, the whole view was breathtaking. The lobby, the golf course, the villas looks perfect for me. The hotel staff were very hospitable and accomodating. Though check-in time went a bit long, the room was worth the wait. We stayed at their Executive Suite. The room was all neat and clean, comes with a Smart TV and an iPod dock, a rain shower and is very spacious enough to accommodate us four. At night, getting to sleep wasn't hard because the bed linens are soft and smooth and the place was all quiet. One great thing about the room is its spacious balcony that gave us the perfect view of the golf course and the mountains in Boracay. We stayed at the Verranda so its close to the lobby and the restaurant. The restaurant serves a wide range of menu for the breakfast which is great and the food all tastes good. Going to and from D'mall wasn't hard at all because they offer a free shuttle every 30 minutes without fail. They have a private beach which I think was great because it was not crowded like those in Station 1, 2 and 3. You sure to have a good time swimming. The view from the infinity pool near the clubhouse was superb giving you an amazing view of the beach and the sea. So if you want some quiet, relaxing, private time in Boracay, I surely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose to stay at the Verranda. It is the closest villa to the lobby and the restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenny-lynn B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Angeles City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was a fun experience! We enjoyed also the view of the beach front of Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast which is really stunning! I want to explore the resort more when I get back to Boracay! I think it's a perfect resort for those who want a relaxing island escapade! See you soon! :D

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Suzhou, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

beautiful, clean, spacious rooms. A bit expensive but its Boracay so all good hotels are expensive! Good service, except for at the reception. For some reason booking for 1 room had not gone through (out of 4) and the staff at the reception took exceptionally long to sort it out and kept us waiting. Other than that great experience and tons of fun. The staff at the bar and restaurant is great.. Friendly service as expected in the Philippines!Their beach is private and good enough but not as good as the ones on the other side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank akshay a
Ko Samui, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here in December @Lucia villa, room facing the pool. There's no wifi in the room so you have to go to lobby to stay connected. I also have constant black out during my stay in this hotel but perhaps that's happen in the whole island. I would have given the hotel 4 or 5 star ratings if not because of breakfast experience. Beside limited choice of food, slow in filling up empty food there's also no service at all. No one clean your tables and no one seated you or ask whether you want coffee or tea.
However they have a very beautiful private beach, stay here if you want to experience this. The hotel also has golf course and it's a very high security. So I feel safe in this hotel.
Please note, they only provide 2 small 350ml bottle water per stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Lucia villa and facing pool side (other side is dull) as it has it's own private pool an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Hadi H
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Let's start the year right, good karma, good vibes and good year. This is the second time we have chosen to spent holiday vacation in Boracay. Last year the hotel celebrate New Year in front beach and it rain, we learnt our lesson. This year we are so happy to see Christmas in Fairways, Christmas lights, lanterns, Christmas trees everywhere, even the street light is well lit. This time we have chosen to stay for countdown, having learn that Fairways have New Year's Countdown in its brandnew Lobby and Restaurant.
We got descent buffet dinner together with the other guest from different ethnicity, indeed it’s an international affair. We started dinner at 630pm after a while entertain by music from a DJ followed by firedancers and drumbeaters. We eat slowly for we are brief that we can eat as much as we can, buffet stay as long as we remember. We got a stub where you can choose wine (red or white), soda or juice, and for finale the last stub is for the sparkling wine for the countdown.
The place was filled with joy and noise as kids begun to blow their horns non-top, at some point Russian's begun the countdown and we were shock then later we learn that their watch sync advance back home in Russia.
As scheduled an acoustic singer and guitarist begun to set the mood alternate with the DJ, at 10pm full band start to make as dance. People dance on the floor as we waited the time in a big screen flash on the wall. The band didn't stop for two straight hours then count till 1 and boom followed by the traditional song auld lang syne and fireworks display inspite it drizzling outside. We learned that there's no much fireworks also outside because it’s raining and people passing by from frontbeach where soak in rain. The party ends at 2am, we went straight to our room and grab another beer.
The next day the Veranda Lobby is already clear and in order, still playing Christmas carols in a well spread breakfast but we head to the golf course.
Kudos for those staff who's away from their family just to served us and make us happy. Your service guys was the best, good job and hope to see you again!
Indeed we will be happy to be back soon! Interested in New Coast.

Room Tip: Choose Catalina Villa, near the gate and Restaurants where wifi is available.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I met some friends at Fairways and Bluewater Resort last night for their New Years Eve Buffet. At 1,1880 pesos it was pricey in comparison to other buffets I had enjoyed but, this is supposed to among the top resorts and I was looking forward to a great Buffet. The Buffet was to end at 10:30pm and I arrived at 7:30pm.

The buffet ticket boasted Lechon which is a roasted suckling pig and Spicy Salmon Sushi as highlighted dishes. When I got there at 7:30pm, there was no Sushi and only two pig heads on a stick. Not even remnants of the body that may have been carved. The plate of carvings was only fat as all of the meat was gone! I asked about this and the carver started carving the cheek and head of the pig. I passed. I then asked about the sushi and was assured more was on its way. I moved on to look at the other offerings.

There were maybe 5 or 6 buffet hot plates, one with steamed rice, one with Minestrone Soup. Two very large unmarked and unheated bowels of something I was unsure of, one supposedly contained squid dye. The buffet was open air and allowing these large trays to sit at room temperature was perfect for the flies but, not for me.

The Pumpkin Lasagna was ok made more ok by the fact that I was hungry and my options were quite limited. There was also some type of beef stew that was empty when I first looked but, 20 minutes later, I saw someone emptying a small plate of meat into the buffet hot plate. I tried some and it was OK. There were about 6 servings that were placed into the tray. I again asked about the sushi and was told it was coming and they would bring it to my table. Needless to say, no sushi was brought to my table.

I don’t drink alcohol. I requested Iced Tea and was told that only wine came with the buffet and the Iced Tea would be extra. I asked what type of wine they were serving the kids but, quickly realized this was not the helps fault. They were embarrassed and I was embarrassed for them. There was no discernable leadership from management and poor training. I was brought an Iced tea and it tasted like the water may have been bad. Its really hard to make undrinkable iced tea. I happily purchased a diet coke in a can.

The pork in another buffet hot plate was mostly charred fat and not edible. The Soup was fair at best. The cookies were good.

I spoke with a security guard on my way out. He said that the resort was near capacity. That makes one wonder how they could perform so poorly on a buffet which I imagine they have done hundreds of times in the past. They grossly underestimated the amount of food that would be needed. They must not have had anyone on site with the authority to address the issues or there would have at least been sushi, non-alcoholic drink options regardless of what the ticket may have said. Whoever was responsible for this task should be reviewed by management as it was a complete and total failure. If this was a budgetary issue they could have exchanged the fire dancers and the drummers for enough food to feed their guests. My guess, whoever is in charge of this department wanted to pad their year end numbers and screwed a lot of guests doing it. Whatever the reason, something so simple and so visible that affects virtually all of a properties guests cannot be left to incompetent management.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank stuart310
Marketing_Fairways, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi Stuart310,

Greetings from Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay!

Thank you for posting a very detailed review of your travel experience with us. A lot of preparation and hours were put into the set-up and execution of our new year's eve party so your concern is of utmost importance to us. It is a once-a-year event and the goal was to make it as special and enjoyable as possible for our guests. Most accounts indicate that the night was loads of fun. Nevertheless, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience certain incidents may have caused you and your party that night. Budget constraints did not have an impact on the event proper; though food quality and quantity are areas we have been and will be closely monitoring for the foreseeable future.Your concerns have been forwarded to our key people on the ground for further review and immediate action. We would like to assure all of our guests that this remains a main priority moving forward. Assuredly, management is on top of the situation and measures are in place to ensure the success of future events.

In the spirit of the new year and new beginnings, we hope to to invite you, sir, to give the resort another try. Our doors are always open to any and all guests. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Please feel free to contact us at fairwaysandbluewater.marketing@gmail.com to further discuss any of your concerns. Thank you very much.

Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay
Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The facilities of this hotel is fairly normal, but service is very bad. We chose to stay at this hotel because there is a beautiful private beach. So we intended to take wedding photo at sunrise on the private beach. However, the security stopped us shooting and asked us to apply for shooting permission for 1,000 peso per hr. The next day the price of shooting turned to 5000 peso. We would like to protest to their front desk and request their supervisor to explain how can they do this. They said "it's the new rules" and the price of shooting changed every day just like the gold. When We realized it's useless to negotiate with the hotel manager and prepared to pay 5,000 peso. It was shocking us because the rules changed again to 5,000 peso per avenue. It can't be trusted on anything in this hotel. They would always say sorry but didn't make their service any better. It was a terrified trip experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple