“Lucky for us who stay!”

Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Makati, Philippines
“Lucky for us who stay!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Let's start the year right, good karma, good vibes and good year. This is the second time we have chosen to spent holiday vacation in Boracay. Last year the hotel celebrate New Year in front beach and it rain, we learnt our lesson. This year we are so happy to see Christmas in Fairways, Christmas lights, lanterns, Christmas trees everywhere, even the street light is well lit. This time we have chosen to stay for countdown, having learn that Fairways have New Year's Countdown in its brandnew Lobby and Restaurant.
We got descent buffet dinner together with the other guest from different ethnicity, indeed it’s an international affair. We started dinner at 630pm after a while entertain by music from a DJ followed by firedancers and drumbeaters. We eat slowly for we are brief that we can eat as much as we can, buffet stay as long as we remember. We got a stub where you can choose wine (red or white), soda or juice, and for finale the last stub is for the sparkling wine for the countdown.
The place was filled with joy and noise as kids begun to blow their horns non-top, at some point Russian's begun the countdown and we were shock then later we learn that their watch sync advance back home in Russia.
As scheduled an acoustic singer and guitarist begun to set the mood alternate with the DJ, at 10pm full band start to make as dance. People dance on the floor as we waited the time in a big screen flash on the wall. The band didn't stop for two straight hours then count till 1 and boom followed by the traditional song auld lang syne and fireworks display inspite it drizzling outside. We learned that there's no much fireworks also outside because it’s raining and people passing by from frontbeach where soak in rain. The party ends at 2am, we went straight to our room and grab another beer.
The next day the Veranda Lobby is already clear and in order, still playing Christmas carols in a well spread breakfast but we head to the golf course.
Kudos for those staff who's away from their family just to served us and make us happy. Your service guys was the best, good job and hope to see you again!
Indeed we will be happy to be back soon! Interested in New Coast.

Room Tip: Choose Catalina Villa, near the gate and Restaurants where wifi is available.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I met some friends at Fairways and Bluewater Resort last night for their New Years Eve Buffet. At 1,1880 pesos it was pricey in comparison to other buffets I had enjoyed but, this is supposed to among the top resorts and I was looking forward to a great Buffet. The Buffet was to end at 10:30pm and I arrived at 7:30pm.

The buffet ticket boasted Lechon which is a roasted suckling pig and Spicy Salmon Sushi as highlighted dishes. When I got there at 7:30pm, there was no Sushi and only two pig heads on a stick. Not even remnants of the body that may have been carved. The plate of carvings was only fat as all of the meat was gone! I asked about this and the carver started carving the cheek and head of the pig. I passed. I then asked about the sushi and was assured more was on its way. I moved on to look at the other offerings.

There were maybe 5 or 6 buffet hot plates, one with steamed rice, one with Minestrone Soup. Two very large unmarked and unheated bowels of something I was unsure of, one supposedly contained squid dye. The buffet was open air and allowing these large trays to sit at room temperature was perfect for the flies but, not for me.

The Pumpkin Lasagna was ok made more ok by the fact that I was hungry and my options were quite limited. There was also some type of beef stew that was empty when I first looked but, 20 minutes later, I saw someone emptying a small plate of meat into the buffet hot plate. I tried some and it was OK. There were about 6 servings that were placed into the tray. I again asked about the sushi and was told it was coming and they would bring it to my table. Needless to say, no sushi was brought to my table.

I don’t drink alcohol. I requested Iced Tea and was told that only wine came with the buffet and the Iced Tea would be extra. I asked what type of wine they were serving the kids but, quickly realized this was not the helps fault. They were embarrassed and I was embarrassed for them. There was no discernable leadership from management and poor training. I was brought an Iced tea and it tasted like the water may have been bad. Its really hard to make undrinkable iced tea. I happily purchased a diet coke in a can.

The pork in another buffet hot plate was mostly charred fat and not edible. The Soup was fair at best. The cookies were good.

I spoke with a security guard on my way out. He said that the resort was near capacity. That makes one wonder how they could perform so poorly on a buffet which I imagine they have done hundreds of times in the past. They grossly underestimated the amount of food that would be needed. They must not have had anyone on site with the authority to address the issues or there would have at least been sushi, non-alcoholic drink options regardless of what the ticket may have said. Whoever was responsible for this task should be reviewed by management as it was a complete and total failure. If this was a budgetary issue they could have exchanged the fire dancers and the drummers for enough food to feed their guests. My guess, whoever is in charge of this department wanted to pad their year end numbers and screwed a lot of guests doing it. Whatever the reason, something so simple and so visible that affects virtually all of a properties guests cannot be left to incompetent management.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank stuart310
Marketing_Fairways, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi Stuart310,

Greetings from Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay!

Thank you for posting a very detailed review of your travel experience with us. A lot of preparation and hours were put into the set-up and execution of our new year's eve party so your concern is of utmost importance to us. It is a once-a-year event and the goal was to make it as special and enjoyable as possible for our guests. Most accounts indicate that the night was loads of fun. Nevertheless, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience certain incidents may have caused you and your party that night. Budget constraints did not have an impact on the event proper; though food quality and quantity are areas we have been and will be closely monitoring for the foreseeable future.Your concerns have been forwarded to our key people on the ground for further review and immediate action. We would like to assure all of our guests that this remains a main priority moving forward. Assuredly, management is on top of the situation and measures are in place to ensure the success of future events.

In the spirit of the new year and new beginnings, we hope to to invite you, sir, to give the resort another try. Our doors are always open to any and all guests. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Please feel free to contact us at fairwaysandbluewater.marketing@gmail.com to further discuss any of your concerns. Thank you very much.

Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The facilities of this hotel is fairly normal, but service is very bad. We chose to stay at this hotel because there is a beautiful private beach. So we intended to take wedding photo at sunrise on the private beach. However, the security stopped us shooting and asked us to apply for shooting permission for 1,000 peso per hr. The next day the price of shooting turned to 5000 peso. We would like to protest to their front desk and request their supervisor to explain how can they do this. They said "it's the new rules" and the price of shooting changed every day just like the gold. When We realized it's useless to negotiate with the hotel manager and prepared to pay 5,000 peso. It was shocking us because the rules changed again to 5,000 peso per avenue. It can't be trusted on anything in this hotel. They would always say sorry but didn't make their service any better. It was a terrified trip experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 金城武
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have just checked in for a five night stay. I booked this hotel because it has "the largest pool in Boracay" and wanted a nice pool for the kids. Well this pool is not even open. I would like to move to a new hotel but they will not give me a refund. I booked on Agoda.com and understand it is not refundable but Agoda has falsely advertised by touting this amenity as the first thing in the hotel description. The hotel "Resident Manager" Eunice Ibanez told me she can do nothing. She offered me a free meal. Not quite going to replace the pool. I understand that things happen but be willing to accommodate for them. Although I have prepaid, I am going to take the loss and am moving to a new hotel tomorrow. Also the beach is full of trash and too rough for swimming. Bad choice on my part. Very disappointed with Eunice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AEH93
Marketing_Fairways, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear AEH93,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please let us start off by apologizing for the inconvenience caused to you and your family. Our Atlantis pool, still one of the biggest freshwater pools on the island, was damaged by the recent typhoon, Yolanda. Repair and maintenance have been on-going for the better part of a month. Assuredly, this will be open to the public in the next week or two. We would like to assure our guests that we have 3 other pools in the resort which, though not equal in size or measure, are fully operational and well-equipped to cater to all of our guest's needs. We humbly ask for your kind understanding regarding this in light of the extraordinary circumstances that befell not only our resort, but the entire country.

We hope you give the resort another chance by visiting us in the future, sir. Thank you very much.

Fairways and Bluewater
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairways & Bluewater in early November 2013.
Our room was spacious and clean but rather sparsely furnished. It overlooked the golf course as do most of the rooms.
The high points were the breakfast buffet....good selection and food quality. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful....the concierge really helped us when we had to find another hotel to stay in after typhoon Yolanda.
The infinity pools were really nice...especially the one with bar!!
We stayed here during typhoon Yolanda. We never lost power (generators worked flawlessly) and the staff made rounds to all guests offering them snacks and water during the storm while we were locked down. Security is good with at least one guard stationed at each villa.

The low points were the private beach, which was littered with trash and generally unkempt. Lack of WiFi in our room, which means you have to go to the lobby for a somewhat weak signal.
Overall though, this is the nicest place we have booked so far on Boracay.
I really want to thank the staff for really going the extra mile for us.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the lobby might have a WiFi signal.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Would highly recommend....We went there for a 3 day, 2 night stay. The place itself was so quiet, calm, and relaxing. Loved the layout, the garden, the infinity pools (yeah, infinity pools! we really enjoyed them! the one w/ a pool bar and the infinity pool with the scenic view). The room was spacious--we stayed in Villas in a golf coarse view and it was also nicely decorated with a clean kitchen (just a microwave and fridge), clean toilet, and bed though we were not able to maximize the room since power is being provided by generator sets at that time (actually all resorts on Boracay that time were using Gen sets after the typhoon). Staff is courteous and brisk.

Just like to reiterate and highlight this - The only Resort in Boracay with a golf course!

Everything is excellent from the moment we arrive to the island until we left.

Room Tip: Before checking-out, make sure all things inside the rooms are complete, never bring the room towel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank apol l
Reviewed November 29, 2013

D service is good.d location is very nice w/private beach and 3 big pools...love to go back again someday!!! very nice n beautiful place to stay for honeymoneers, family bondings & esp.golfers as well.nice place for joggers too.

• Stayed October 2013