“Fantastic!”

Fairways & Bluewater
Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A very beautiful resort, with their own private beach and fantastic service. My best recommendations to Fairways and Bluewater. I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean and very nice. The hotel has its own free shuttle service which was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Camilla A

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks in January 2013 as a part of Interval International program. Wow what a disappointment! Got told upon check-in that the rooms had not yet been fully finished. This meant - no cooking facilities in the room apart from a microwave oven (but no microwave proof bowls or washing up or cleaning equipment supplied). No Cd/DVD Player. No second TV as stated on our confirmation either and No Internet available in the rooms. Wifi they said would be available at reception. In the 14 nights that we stayed we could only get WIFI 5 times at reception. Either because "it was down at the moment", "There's been a fire on the island somewhere and our WIFI is out", "Bad Reception" or "Must be too many people on it in the foyer". We had only every second shower with hot water as it automatically cut out and we had to constantly press the "reboot" button up under the vanity basin. I must say the staff were amazingly friendly at all times but they obviously only have so much "pull" in the operation (note next to none). The whole place will be far better with the new reception being built out on the front row, but still, management needs to look after its clients and provide for them if they are going to claim to be 5 star. We were so keen to play golf every day of our holiday but at over $170 for a round for both of us it was totally unaffordable. Dearer that any golf course we have played in Australia. Never to return.......

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for a week at Fairways Bluewater to experience the island, its environs and hotel facilities. I did not regret staying away from the D Mall, stations 1,2 areas as they have lost its island holiday feel compared to early 2000 when I was there last, as now, the area is too commercialised and teeming with jostling and loud tourists. Comparatively, Fairways, have the warm service and attentiveness of its excellent local staff who are very knowledgeable about the island, language, culture and which more than compensate for the resort being away from the entertainment and restaurant areas. Unfortunately, while fairways was advertised as having units with cooking facilities, it failed quite short of expectations, as there are NO cooking facilities in the villa unit, where we stayed, only a microwave, which, a family staying for a week has no choice but eat out every meal or heat carton food. Again, the beach was advertised with beautiful swimming areas, is not a swimming beach, as we were told not to swim most times,due to strong current and presence of sea urchins. The one swimming pool is filled with screaming kids who dominated the people from morning to pm. It is unfortunate that the guests staying at fairways were utterly rude as they push and shove their way into Fairways free shuttle, to town, even with the patient and smiling drivers. Perhaps, a sign at the shuttle stating "Respect and Give Way" will assist. I also strongly recommend that the resort apply and deliver what it advertised, eg, have cooking facilities, appropriate swimming areas, else, you will lose guests to the chain of hotels in town. Thus, apart from the clean, quietness and open space environment of Fairways, it is primarily the resourcefulness and attentiveness of the local Filipino staff like the security guard Ronnel (Sycamore) and Concierge Donell Aducal, accomodating housekeeping, plus the security guards at the main gate, smiling drivers who made our stay quite pleasant and enjoyable. The local Filipino staff are the PLUS side to this resort, as they truly understand the meaning of service. . ..Melbourne Australia

Room Tip: Ask again before arrival, regarding the facilities for the room / unit you will be assigned.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ruthcarlos888
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We are absolutely overwhelemed!! The hotel is situated ideally. The staff is extremely friendly and obliging w/ Donell of Guest Services anticipating all our needs, speaks very well english and helpful and attentive all the time. The rooms are just fantastic, spotless and equipped with everything you possibly need. Breakfast -> I have been around the world and have never seen any better breakfast buffet than in Fairways and Bluewater. Liked the egg station!
Conclusion: I am a very demanding customer and I advise everybody who travels to the Philippines especially Boracay Island to stay in Fairways and Bluewater. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank amnon434
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are a family of 4 & we stayed at Fairways & Bluewater for 1 week.
The whole resort & the room was very nice & luxury.
The beds were very good as well & the view out over the golf course were amazing.

The staff were extremely nice, kind & helpful. And the security guards were very watchful, in a good way ofcourse.
I never felt unsafe, uncomfortable or worried at the resort & I don't think anybody else did either.

The breakfast was good & tasty, but I thought it was a little disorganized & the restaurant was too small to accommodate so many people. But I heard that the breakfast would move to the new main building, which I think will be good & better.

The pool area was fantastic with the view out over the ocean. The private beach was really good with nice sand & blue water.
There were always chairs you could find, otherwise they fixed you one immideately.
Unfortunatley the toilets were a bit unclean..

The shuttlebuses were good & it was only 1 morning we thought it took a little more time than usually, but otherwise it was good & they showed up fast.
A simple way to get to the lobby & golf club.

We lived just by the course & one day I stood on the balcony & watched some people play.
I got so irritated when I saw that the caddies had to run after the golfcars. And I can guess that it is both down- & uphills. Well, all I can say about that is: very bad, fix that.

But as I said, the staff was very kind & helpful. They were social, nice & happy, which made us happy!

I also want to say thanks to my friend Donell!

We had some really great days at Fairways & Bluewater. The staff, the resort, the pool, the beach, the food & more; was very good & nice!

Thank you.
Sincerely, Maja. Sweden

Room Tip: We lived in Villa Victoria, the new main building. It was a very nice room with comfy beds, big bath...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maja H
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I highly appreciate opinions of all the other guests of Fairways, but actually while reading I sometimes thought they were talking about a different place) As for me, I cannot find anything to complain about. I stayed in Fairways and Bluewater for 15 days from February 19 till March 6 and enjoyed everything. The location is perfect for those who prefer to have some rest from hustle and bustle of the Dmall. After spending all day at White Beach (the shuttle to bring you there is available every 30 mins) you can enjoy calmness and natural beauty of that remote place, as well as nicely furnitured rooms, and the best staff ever. Seriously, even if i had had some problems, i believe the housekeepers, concierges and other employees would have helped me immediately. I'm not a very experienced traveller, but anyway I claim that I've never met such a good service which is definitely a great credit of every member of Fairways staff team. I would say special thank you to everyone, but the list is gonna be too long. Anyway, Donell, Ruzzell, Ryan and all the other guys who helped me with all the questions i might have had - they all helped me to have a perfect vacation and I highly appreciate it. Actually the only thing that was not perfect (although it didn't bother me) was the organization of breakfast, as there weren't enough space at the lobby. But soon they are opening a new spacious and luxurious lobby, so there aren't gonna be such problems anymore. To sum up, I should say that my vacation in Fairways was simply perfect, that's why I will recommend that place to everyone going to Boracay. If i go there again myself (I hope so), I'll stay in the same hotel. For me it's a small paradise where you can get everything a traveller needs.

Room Tip: I stayed in villa Catalina - it's one of a few that has a free internet access
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank EvgeniaLozovskaya
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hotel rooms where fine check on needs a lot of attention were with a page party but gad to wait while a same day register was admitted while the party booked weeks before waited. How do I know this , because that party registering was also part of our group but only decided to join us at the last minuet, the food and service was pathetic sent first meal back from myself and wife food was cold same story after it was microwaved, did not eat that night. First night no prawns. Second night again no prawns waited for meals asked for manager,was told he was away but could see him in background after perhaps 3/4 hour he decides to talk but was a waste of space.hotel and surround spectacular rooms perfect. If catering and procurement were half as good it would be first class after all with those prices it needs to be

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends