“5 Star Accommodation for a 2 Star Price!”

Fairways & Bluewater
Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Quezon City, Philippines
“5 Star Accommodation for a 2 Star Price!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Kudos! 6th time that I've been to Boracay but staying at Fairways & Bluewater made our boracay experience this time specially different, private & very affordable! Good job for the new management! The Rooms, amenities, service & ambiance made our stay leisurely comfortable.

Stay if you're looking for the following:
>Privacy & exclusivity. Resort/Hotel is the biggest in area in Boracay. Only guests can go inside the resort so it is never crowded. Yes, it is not on famous beachfront accommodations on Stations 1, 2 or 3 (around 7mins ride) but they have FREE shuttle service every hour to & from the White Beach if you want to visit.
>5-star Amenities. They have 2 large pools, a cave to visit & even private beach inside the Resort that you can truly enjoy!
>Large Rooms. Their rooms are really large! In fact, beds on each Twin Room are (2) Two Queen-sized beds. 4 adults can fit inside the room but of course they wouldn't allow that. Hotel is strict on the number of persons in a room. When my brother's family (he has 3 kids) & sister (1 kid) arrived, they were followed by the Guard and another staff asking where would the kids sleep. After realizing we have booked 5 rooms and 2 kids are allowed per room free, they apologized & never bothered us again.
Rooms' view are great with the golf course & lined-up trees ;)
>Accommodating Front Desk. She gave us 5 rooms on the same floor without even asking. Unlike other reception staff, they are not stiff & would genuinely exchange some laughs with the guests.
>Efficient shuttle service. This is the biggest surprise & wished previous guests have experienced because it was really no hassle! Since the resort is big, having your breakfast would mean taking an eco-friendly shuttle to the restaurant. What we did for 4 days was just tell the guard on the villa that we would take our breakfast and minutes later the shuttle would come & pick us up. Shuttle to the D'Mall was not a problem also. We just advice the guard & 5 minutes before the scheduled time, someone would call our rooms & advise us that within minutes the shuttle will be passing by. Their efforts to improve has been fruitful & well appreciated by lazy guests like us. (he he he)
>VERY NICE PEOPLE! This I am particular with. From the time I step on this resort, I felt very welcome. Sincerely welcome! Feels like they're really good-hearted people who are welcoming a family in the resort. ;)

Something management should think of improving on is the Breakfast. Adding 2 or more variety on the viands, juice & bread I guess wouldn't be too costly. But overall, I got more than what I paid for! Will surely come back & bring more family & relatives!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank aliahtravels
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Our sincerest thanks for the hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have also seen that you shared your experience in another channel and again, we would like to thank you for that! We hope to see you back again, maybe with more family members and relatives. We are still working to bring the best facilities for each and every guest of our resort. Have a good day and more power!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Twyford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

At first sight the hotel was stunning! but there was some serious negative points.
The rooms were cleanish but had no details of the hotel, restaurant times, map of the extensive resort, I found talking to the bar staff the best way to get information. The bathroom was a bit dank, and the lack of balcony meant drying your swimmers was very difficult!
The biggest issue was the noise! The rooms were anything other than sound proof, on the hall you could hear every word people were saying in the rooms, and vice versa. The doors slammed shut even if you tried to be quiet and the noise reverberated right down the hallway. All this meant that you were woken up if people were coming in later than you, woken in the morning if people were up earlier than you!
The pools looked really lovely but on a slight closer look the filters were broke, one pool is very big so the hour filtering and a man with a net in the morning barely touched the surface! There were very few sun loungers, it was quiet when we were there but I imagine in busy season it would be a bit of a race for a lounger!
Breakfast was very boring and very little western breakfast, mostly noodles, an omelette station and if you rush when they come out the kitchen some pancakes!
The beaches were stunning and the location amazing, don't be put off by the distance to white beach, it's literally. 100peso tricycle ride! Also white beach was very loud so I think a big bonus that it was a bit away from the main hub!
However, don't book your return airport trip through the hotel, absolute rip off! Get the free transfer to white beach and then. 100peso ride to the harbour! Cost us over twice the price (for three) to go back to the airport than getting there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank victoriaslatcher
Thank you for the helpful comments and we understand your particular concerns. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we already brought these issues up for improvement. Once again, we hope to see you back still soon especially when new developments come up in the resort. Have a good day ahead!
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My spouse and I have not celebrated our honeymoon last year when we got married mainly because I was bearing our first born. So now, we opted to take our honeymoon and found this perfect deal for 2 from Dealgrocer. And it was perfect! Imagine for a mom who never has the time to luxuriate on her own with her husband, this resort is definitely IT! Own private beach cove, own pools, (2 of it and seems like the largest in the whole island that I saw) and well, big rooms. Ours are sufficient because it was what they call the Premiere rooms, (upgraded for a minimal fee) and it is not too furnished so we can definitely move around. The restaurant is overlooking the beach, wind breezing in with the sunrise and the design famous in the resort as “keyhole”, so the breakfast is really a delight. The bathrooms though, need more space, however, still sufficient. A bathtub could do good as well as facility. Total, complete blissful and best honeymoon ever!:)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Neri T
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the good feedback you have given our property. We hope that soon, you will be able to bring your children along to enjoy the redefined lifestyle, only at Fairways and Bluewater. More power to you and have a great day ahead!
Hudds
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is actually a series of apartment blocks which are remote from the lobby/dining area which was a concern when we arrived but the frequency of the mini-bus shuttles meant this was never an issue. The rooms are spacious and beds comfortable with even a small kitchen with micro-wave if you want to do some self-catering. The meals are good and no more than it costs on the main strip down DMall. The staff are exceptionally friendly but often the activities are difficult to use. 2 of us wanted to go on a Banana Boat but you either had to pay for 5 people or find 3 more to come along with you. There was no possibility of just booking and joining with others on arrival.Others were cancelled. The Beach is superb and very quiet, as is the pool. The problem is they have very few sun loungers and sun shades - I counted only 12 loungers on the beach and 5 shades. The same problem by the pool. It is very frustrating as you either have to sit in the sun on the sand or an upright chair or hover around until someone leaves. A minor investment in these would create not only a more satisfied clientele but more business for the bar and restaurant. This is a serious issue which needs resolving quickly.
The golf course is superb, although we are not golfers, but you could walk around or even go on horses for an hour. If you have young children and all they want to do is play in the water and the sand this is great. Other activities are less available.
The buses to DMall were every hour and return every hour. Make sure you are in reasonable time for the return as on one occasion the three buses were insufficient for those coming back. However a trike only cost 100 pesos (just over $2). On money, there are no facilities to change money at the hotel, which is inconvenient, and appears to be a simple service the hotel would benefit from as well as its customers. We travelled from HK and you get a better rate there than in Boracay by a good 10% so change before you arrive.
All in all extremely quiet and relaxing and certainly well worth the visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank HuddsGeoff
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for the precise details on areas of improvements. We took note of these and we will look into the resolution of these issues soonest. We would like to thank you for being able to suggest some things as well that we can develop from. We hope that we get to have you visit the resort again soon and experience the changes that will be brought about as well. Have a good day ahead of you!
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I are six and a half months pregnant and decided to enjoy one last trip before our baby arrives. We chose Fairways and Bluewater for its exotic golf course and private beaches, but were a little dubious about its location as we have only stayed in Station 2 before. This concern was eradicated immediately with the efficient service of the shuttle bus around the resort or to and from D'mall. From the onset we were warmly welcomed and informed of all the amenities and activities on offer, which exceeded our expectations. Everything was easily accessible. The two infinity pools were a haven of relaxation and served drinks and beverages upon request. The beaches were gorgeous and safe, as staff prioritised the extraction of sea urchins; however there is certainly a need for more sun loungers. Romantic, intimate dinners were available on the beach. Horse riding, zip line and zorbing provided other forms of entertainment. The room was very private, quiet, clean and really comfortable. Toiletries are only provided for your first day of stay, so bring your own or buy locally. As a resident, my husband enjoyed two days of golfing at 50% off and I was able to accompany him at no extra cost. The course is magnificently maintained with stunning views. The whole resort is heading for bigger and better things, but construction noise was never an issue or concern. I would highly recommend this resort to all, from adventurers to settlers or party goers to family gatherings, and we will certainly go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Heather R
Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you as well for your pleasant feedback. We appreciate that you were able to enjoy the resort and our services and we have taken note as well of the small details that can be improved. We sincerely hope that you will be able to visit us soon, specially soon that your baby comes. Thank you once again and may you have a great day!
Seoul
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Be ready to experience a major cultural shock along the way to the resort. Depending on your attitude, you may find what you see and experience along the way to be fun and exciting. However, some of you may regret you got there in the first place. I had a mixed experience. I was glad I chose this resort because I didn't have to leave the complex. They had good food, their own private beach and two swimming pools. Spa is a must but make sure you bring dollars our pesos because spa only takes cash.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank BaeTrip
We cordially thank you for the pleasant feedback. It is good to hear that we have satisfied guests and especially those that really stayed in the resort premises for their whole stay. We are ensuring that we continually deliver the quality product and service that our guests deserve. We wish to see you back soon with us and may you have a great day ahead!
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I chose this resort primarily because I wanted a hotel with a private beach and a great big pool .My brother gave it excellent reviews when he stayed here with his family a month ago. I actually booked 2 Premiere rooms for the 7of us but we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite located at the Maria Bldg which I really appreciated.The rooms are spacious and clean with modern toilet and bath fixtures. My only complaints were the tiles in the shower was a bit slippery but was glad there was a grab bar to hold on to and the water in the shower was a bit slow in receding.The airconditioner malfunctioned in one of the rooms but it was fixed /replaced immediately by the resort. The entire staff were very friendly and accommodating I give them a 5 star for customer service. I was pleasantly surprised when the breakfast staff greeted me with a birthday song, bouquet of freshly picked flowers and a small cake which made my day. My friends and I enjoyed swimming in the 2 huge swimming pools and the white sand private beach with clear ,clean and calm waters.The beach on the other side of the island where Station 1-3 are located have choppy waves with a lot of beached seaweeds at this time of the year, so I was glad I picked this resort instead. There was a free shuttle that took us to DMall area where all the people / tourists hobnob, shop and enjoy the food and the night life.

I will stay again in this resort the next time I visit Boracay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Belinda N
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for the pleasant feedback you have given us. We have well noted the necessary issues you have encountered and we will have all these properly attended to. We will certainly wait for you to come back next time you visit us in Boracay. Hoping you'll have a great day ahead!