“Best Honeymoon Venue”

Fairways & Bluewater
Ranked #27 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
“Best Honeymoon Venue”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My spouse and I have not celebrated our honeymoon last year when we got married mainly because I was bearing our first born. So now, we opted to take our honeymoon and found this perfect deal for 2 from Dealgrocer. And it was perfect! Imagine for a mom who never has the time to luxuriate on her own with her husband, this resort is definitely IT! Own private beach cove, own pools, (2 of it and seems like the largest in the whole island that I saw) and well, big rooms. Ours are sufficient because it was what they call the Premiere rooms, (upgraded for a minimal fee) and it is not too furnished so we can definitely move around. The restaurant is overlooking the beach, wind breezing in with the sunrise and the design famous in the resort as “keyhole”, so the breakfast is really a delight. The bathrooms though, need more space, however, still sufficient. A bathtub could do good as well as facility. Total, complete blissful and best honeymoon ever!:)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Neri T
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the good feedback you have given our property. We hope that soon, you will be able to bring your children along to enjoy the redefined lifestyle, only at Fairways and Bluewater. More power to you and have a great day ahead!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hudds
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is actually a series of apartment blocks which are remote from the lobby/dining area which was a concern when we arrived but the frequency of the mini-bus shuttles meant this was never an issue. The rooms are spacious and beds comfortable with even a small kitchen with micro-wave if you want to do some self-catering. The meals are good and no more than it costs on the main strip down DMall. The staff are exceptionally friendly but often the activities are difficult to use. 2 of us wanted to go on a Banana Boat but you either had to pay for 5 people or find 3 more to come along with you. There was no possibility of just booking and joining with others on arrival.Others were cancelled. The Beach is superb and very quiet, as is the pool. The problem is they have very few sun loungers and sun shades - I counted only 12 loungers on the beach and 5 shades. The same problem by the pool. It is very frustrating as you either have to sit in the sun on the sand or an upright chair or hover around until someone leaves. A minor investment in these would create not only a more satisfied clientele but more business for the bar and restaurant. This is a serious issue which needs resolving quickly.
The golf course is superb, although we are not golfers, but you could walk around or even go on horses for an hour. If you have young children and all they want to do is play in the water and the sand this is great. Other activities are less available.
The buses to DMall were every hour and return every hour. Make sure you are in reasonable time for the return as on one occasion the three buses were insufficient for those coming back. However a trike only cost 100 pesos (just over $2). On money, there are no facilities to change money at the hotel, which is inconvenient, and appears to be a simple service the hotel would benefit from as well as its customers. We travelled from HK and you get a better rate there than in Boracay by a good 10% so change before you arrive.
All in all extremely quiet and relaxing and certainly well worth the visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank HuddsGeoff
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for the precise details on areas of improvements. We took note of these and we will look into the resolution of these issues soonest. We would like to thank you for being able to suggest some things as well that we can develop from. We hope that we get to have you visit the resort again soon and experience the changes that will be brought about as well. Have a good day ahead of you!
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I are six and a half months pregnant and decided to enjoy one last trip before our baby arrives. We chose Fairways and Bluewater for its exotic golf course and private beaches, but were a little dubious about its location as we have only stayed in Station 2 before. This concern was eradicated immediately with the efficient service of the shuttle bus around the resort or to and from D'mall. From the onset we were warmly welcomed and informed of all the amenities and activities on offer, which exceeded our expectations. Everything was easily accessible. The two infinity pools were a haven of relaxation and served drinks and beverages upon request. The beaches were gorgeous and safe, as staff prioritised the extraction of sea urchins; however there is certainly a need for more sun loungers. Romantic, intimate dinners were available on the beach. Horse riding, zip line and zorbing provided other forms of entertainment. The room was very private, quiet, clean and really comfortable. Toiletries are only provided for your first day of stay, so bring your own or buy locally. As a resident, my husband enjoyed two days of golfing at 50% off and I was able to accompany him at no extra cost. The course is magnificently maintained with stunning views. The whole resort is heading for bigger and better things, but construction noise was never an issue or concern. I would highly recommend this resort to all, from adventurers to settlers or party goers to family gatherings, and we will certainly go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Heather R
Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you as well for your pleasant feedback. We appreciate that you were able to enjoy the resort and our services and we have taken note as well of the small details that can be improved. We sincerely hope that you will be able to visit us soon, specially soon that your baby comes. Thank you once again and may you have a great day!
Seoul
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Be ready to experience a major cultural shock along the way to the resort. Depending on your attitude, you may find what you see and experience along the way to be fun and exciting. However, some of you may regret you got there in the first place. I had a mixed experience. I was glad I chose this resort because I didn't have to leave the complex. They had good food, their own private beach and two swimming pools. Spa is a must but make sure you bring dollars our pesos because spa only takes cash.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank BaeTrip
We cordially thank you for the pleasant feedback. It is good to hear that we have satisfied guests and especially those that really stayed in the resort premises for their whole stay. We are ensuring that we continually deliver the quality product and service that our guests deserve. We wish to see you back soon with us and may you have a great day ahead!
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I chose this resort primarily because I wanted a hotel with a private beach and a great big pool .My brother gave it excellent reviews when he stayed here with his family a month ago. I actually booked 2 Premiere rooms for the 7of us but we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite located at the Maria Bldg which I really appreciated.The rooms are spacious and clean with modern toilet and bath fixtures. My only complaints were the tiles in the shower was a bit slippery but was glad there was a grab bar to hold on to and the water in the shower was a bit slow in receding.The airconditioner malfunctioned in one of the rooms but it was fixed /replaced immediately by the resort. The entire staff were very friendly and accommodating I give them a 5 star for customer service. I was pleasantly surprised when the breakfast staff greeted me with a birthday song, bouquet of freshly picked flowers and a small cake which made my day. My friends and I enjoyed swimming in the 2 huge swimming pools and the white sand private beach with clear ,clean and calm waters.The beach on the other side of the island where Station 1-3 are located have choppy waves with a lot of beached seaweeds at this time of the year, so I was glad I picked this resort instead. There was a free shuttle that took us to DMall area where all the people / tourists hobnob, shop and enjoy the food and the night life.

I will stay again in this resort the next time I visit Boracay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Belinda N
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for the pleasant feedback you have given us. We have well noted the necessary issues you have encountered and we will have all these properly attended to. We will certainly wait for you to come back next time you visit us in Boracay. Hoping you'll have a great day ahead!
San Juan, Philippines
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been a member of F&B from the start. I've seen its highs & lows & I am just hopeful that under new ownership, its true potential shall be realized. I am glad, though, that in my recent visit there, it appears it is headed towards that direction with new &/or improved facilities being built. I looked forward to staying in the new villas & it did not disappoint. Management should make a decision, though, whether to allow guests to cook their own meals in the villas (as before) or provide room service. Presently, they disallow cooking even if the villas have kitchen & dining facilities. If it is to be disallowed, room service should be made available then. It would just be so much convenient - particularly for breakfast - if the food were to be served in the comfort of the villa. You may be missing it - that is the essence & value of vacationing in a resort-villa, isn't it?
It does offer a different perspective of Boracay considering its location. Its shoreline & beach is still relatively pristine - unlike the one at the more popular White Beach which, to my observation, appears to have drastically eroded in the last 10 years or so; the beach curiously just keeps getting narrower & narrower. The view from the top still commands a dramatic one, that even while missing a sunset, a sunrise is no less a great alternative.
Its other valued proposition is still its golf course. While unable to play because of luggage limitations from the carriers, I could see that the course is well-maintained & lush in color.
I also have to commend its staff. In the absence of communication facilities in the villa, it is just so convenient that there are always available & willing personnel to tend for your needs - from hailing transport to asking assistance for toiletries. Thank you so much to them.
Its great to swim in an uncrowded big pool - that's what they have. Be careful not to hurt yourself with the platforms in the pool - they have mistakenly finished them with pebble-washed stones which surfaces have eroded & have exposed the sharp & jagged edges of the pebbles. Might be good to re-surface them.
To conclude, the place has improved much with great potential, I believe. It's getting there but not yet there. (Where does it want to be - a cut above the rest or the best of the rest?) I thought wouldn't it be great if there were villas with their individual pool area or a jacuzzi bath within? Or maybe equip their monster pool with pockets of jet streams? I guess the main clubhouse also needs to be refurbished already. Then, maybe - just maybe, it would pose a better choice than their neighboring resort further up the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bob C
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We would like to thank you for the good feedback and quality review of the resort's facilities and services. We will definitely look into the details you have provided so that we can further improve on those areas. The new management is striving to make Fairways and Bluewater the best among the rest and our guests' reviews and feedback will help make our goals possible. We will redefine lifestyle, only for our guests... at Fairways and Bluewater! We hope to see you soon!:)
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I came for a couple of days to stay with some friends. It was a big resort and a bit unnoticed because it is at the back area. Surprisingly, it had its own beach and huge pools. The resort has high potential for development because it is vast and with golf. Though I don't know how to play!! Haha!! Well, I liked the peace and the ambience. Shuttle is efficient and I liked that staff are eager to please guests. Rooms, good, clean and maintained. All in all, good stay.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Marieroxas
Marketing_Fairways, Marketing at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your good feedback regarding your stay in our property. We hope to see you back soon in the resort. Further developments are underway to ensure that our guests will ensure a pleasurable stay in the resort that aims to Redefine Lifestyle... in Boracay.