“Sad we couldn't stay longer...”
Review of Trafalgar Cottages

Trafalgar Cottages
Ranked #56 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
London, England, United Kingdom
“Sad we couldn't stay longer...”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We sadly only stayed one night in Trafalgar Cottages due to a booking oversight (totally our fault) Julia was amazingly accommodating on arrival and even helped us to look for alternative accommodation as they were full the rest of the nights of our stay.

The rooms were clean, beautiful outside area and free wifi was a bonus. Julia was really helpful in helping us plan our stay and do more than the usual Borocay partying.

Definitely recommend this place. We were so sad to leave after just one night. Thanks for having us,

Phil & Natalie

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank PhilSmith24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Novosibirsk, Russia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I visited in in January 2013 and enjoyed the time spent in Boracay.
Nice and clean rooms, some of them with aircons, nice hammocks on every balcony)
Friendly staff always ready to help with any problem.
My best regards to it`s owners warm hospitality)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manila
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If your'e looking for a place to stay in Boracay and you are in a budget, I can recommend Trafalgar Cottages. Rooms is very much simple, Just basic needs buts clean though. No hot shower, no breakfast included and no air-con. For as low as 13-15$ per night. Place is around 10 minutes walk to beach and market. You can cook food if you like too since they have kitchen that guest can use. One disappointment that I have with this place is the Fan. It has a disturbing sound. But all in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Khoikhoi
Manila Philippines
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you are longing for that home ambiance away from the city life, this could be for you. The place is surrounded with trees so it really doesn't look like a hotel but a vacation house, which is exactly what a vacationist is looking for.

The place is located at Station 3 but very near all the necessities: dining because it's near food stalls; souvenir shopping at a bargain price because it's within e-mall (not to be confused with d-mall); and convenience stores. Though it doesn't have a Wi-Fi access, it provides other amenities like cooking and dining in.

People here are also nice and very helpful, from the owner to it's staff. The price is also one of the cheapest I've seen in Boracay because I got a big room for myself (non-aircon, just fan but it's wasn't really that hot inside the room) with linen and towel just for P500 per night (and I heard it was P350 during non-peak season). Bathroom and toilet are shared with the other three rooms. There are other rooms (airconditioned) depending on your choice of room as well, may it be for a solo traveler like me or for a bigger group.

And aside from being clean (I see all the staff cleaning every now and then), there is no curfew! I stayed out until 3am without any problem. I will definitely come back to this place.

Room Tip: This is perfect for a solo traveler on a budget like me.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
phillipines
Reviewed July 11, 2012

owner is very hospitable . the place is just minutes away from the beach .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosettebaldo
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was unable to book through using hostelbookers so I took the chance of writing an email to the owner around 11:45 pm. If the owner will not reply, I will then take the chance of being a walk-in guest. Fortunately, the owner sent a text the morning after, informing that he had booked me already and that I need to proceed immediately to Trafalgar upon arrival because I have no deposit for my advance booking. This is really great. He is a very considerate owner. I received a text informing me that the room I reserved was prepared already and I was able to check in around 9:00 am which is pretty much early. This is really, really great and I am really thankful to the owner for this kind of accommodation even though I have not deposited any amount yet. So, I paid for the first night which was 550 pesos, and the room was shown to me and the key was given too. I traveled solo to Boracay and checked in as solo but I was able to inquire and request if it was possible for an extension of stay because I have no place to stay in Boracay. Also, I informed that my Love (my gf) will stay with me. The lady attendant, Ate Lizel informed Sir Joel (owner) and after I came back from my beach stroll and island exploration, I was informed that I can have 2 more nights. Regarding the room which we have stayed on, it is just a simple bedroom with 2 windows and an electric fan and opened cabinet. There is no TV (besides, I don't really watch TV) and a bathroom is shared or common bathroom. There are other rooms available for family, couple and solo traveler. Just inquire in their website or you can call the owner directly and asked for reservation. What I really like best from my stay aside the from the hospitality, is that it is just along the main road, a few steps from E-Mall (D-Mall is another mall in Boracay) and a few steps from the original Talipapa where you can buy cheap souvenirs. The white beach is just a few minutes walk which is around 3 to 5 minutes. A very affordable place for a sleepover. There is no curfew. Just don't lose the key assigned to your room.

Room Tip: Call in advance or you can try to send an email to them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeb083079
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple weeks. We were only going to stay for a few nights but decided to stay longer. This is the cheapest hostel in Boracay and it is really nice. Very, very clean, fantastic location. If your on a budget this is the place to stay. www.trafalgarcottages.com

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple