“Will be back here definitely!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tans Guesthouse

Tans Guesthouse
Ranked #24 of 217 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Will be back here definitely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Package very affordable and good location. Room is clean and looks new.
It's near the DMall and have free wi-fi access. They arranged transportation for us so we didnt have too much worry when we had flight changes.

We also enojoyed our free 1 hr massage as part of the package.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jen F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Offered cheap and affordable price *though we didn't pay our hotel*
the place was neat and very clean when we arrived.
When I asked one of their staff if they can sweep the floor inside our room, he didn't just do that, he even arrange our beds and fix everything.
the hotel is near and accessible to everything so, it's a really good place to stay.
their masseur that offer service inside your hotel room provides excellent service. :)
definitely positive word of mouth will be spread..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank kylieeryn20
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

They offer clean and comfy rooms in a very affordable price. The place is only walking distance from the beach but far enough not to hear the noise. Our room has a kitchen so we saved from food. Reliable staffs... near d'Mall...

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank RonaldZaide
Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

To be honest, I wasn't excited to visit Boracay several years back. I heard a lot of stories that the beach is not that nice anymore and its cramped out with a lot of tourists and all but I was very fortunate to go to Bora and stay at Tans Guesthouse.
We arrived friday in Boracay and we had a room near the service desk. After a cool dip at the beach with my wife and son, we cleaned up and we got so relaxed up at our room that we didn't had our dinner anymore. The following day , we had our delicious breakfast at their penthouse and had island hopping.
Value priced , pleasant customer service , near the beach are some of the things that I liked about Tans Guesthouse. Negative ones? I really can't think of anything and I can't wait to go back to Boracay.

Stayed here Mar 2009 with the family

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rocky Elgin P
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Tans guesthouse annex bldg is located at the heart of Boracay station 2. Not right in the beachfront but just 3-5 minutes walk to the beach. Near D-mall, and line of restaurants and sari-sari stores, really nice location, really accessible.
Rate - Php3,500.00 for 5 pax per day during high season with free set breakfast
Room - spacious enough, but a bit small for a family of 5, coz the room is really good for 4pax only. But I find the bathroom/restroom really small and not well lighted.
Service - receptionist is not always around the counter. But staff are friendly anyway. Before your room is cleaned, there should be someone present in the room. Breakfast is not served on time if they are fully booked. So if you have morning activities, you have to remind the receptionist to prioritize your breakfast. Wifi connection was good as our room was near the front desk.
Utilities - water pressure in shower can be low at times and frequent fluctuating electricity can be experienced during high-peak season though they have back-up generator, its just that the aircon goes on and off and on and off.

Overall, if you're looking for a decent place to stay without a need for lavish hotel rooms and other amenities. You can choose to stay here. A room for 4 pax cost you around $70-73 per night with set breakfast, so that would just be $20/pax per night on "high" season.

Safety concerns? They have cctv camera in the front desk but I would suggest that they have a receptionist on the station all the time just to ensure the safety of their guests.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank MeSoloTravel
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

It's my 3rd time in a row at Boracay and Tans was my first choice for the second time around. Fortunately we have booked early and able to get two rooms (6pax and 4pax). We are assigned at the Annex which I was curious about because the first time I get there we stayed at their main building. Their staffs, as always, are very accommodating and friendly. They attend to our needs and serves with smile. About their rooms in the Annex, it was newly built and a little more spacious than in the main bldg. In our room (4pax) there are 2 comfortable beds, a/c, private bath w/ hot and cold shower. We have spacious porch with a coffee table outside the room since we are in the ground floor. There is also a sink outside the door and a kitchen with complete utensils (stove, pans, spoon and fork, plates, cups, kettle, etc) which you can use if you want to cook your own food. Breakfast is served at the room and their wifi is good.

About their family room (6 pax) I get the chance to look at it and I found it nice as well. It has 3 big beds and room is very cold since everything is just new.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BaitianYao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a long plan of vacation, as our very conservative parents doesnt want to travel. Hail, they finally agreed for apr 2-5, 2013. I was the one who booked for flights and place. For the accommodation, my only requirements are cheap, nice, safe place with a kitchen that can accomodate 22pax. I searched here at tripadvisor and gladly I never went wrong. I was very sad because I was the one left in the house as caretaker of our pets. But hearing all of them with praise at tan guest house where they stayed, I was more than happy. They said that they have 5 nice rooms, very clean toilets, 2 verandas and kitchen plus utensils. The aircons were so cool, so my parents were most of their time was spent inside the room.hehe. the breakfast for 3 days were sumptuous beef tapa. The staff were so accommodating. Plus the unlimited towels. Thank you, tan guesthouse for making my family esp my parents on having their first vacation very comfortable and really a pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013