“Average resort - nothing special”

Hey! Jude Resort Hotel
Ranked #68 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Location - Everybody's saying that Hey Jude's location is great, but I disagree. Yes, it can be very convenient for some, but what I hated about it is that it's right in the middle of D'Mall which can get very crowded. And besides, I wish it was a bit closer to the beach.

Room - I can't remember the room we got, but it had two double beds. It was spacious enough for my me and my boyfriend. Both the room and bathroom were clean.

Food - Set breakfast was very basic. I didn't enjoy it as it really wasn't delicious. Choices were Filipino and American breakfast. Filipino choices were: tocino, longganisa, hotdog, bangus. American: ham, bacon.

Service - It was okay. The staff was attentive and friendly. What I liked about it was that they allowed us to bring a case of beer to our room. No corkage fee. The guard even helped us carry it. ;)

Value for money - It's not really that cheap compared to the other resorts in Station 2.

Overall, if you like peace and quiet, and if you don't want to bump to a lot of people heading back to your resort, don't stay here. But if you don't mind that, and if you want to be near all the restaurants and establishments, it's probably a good choice. There are plenty of resorts in Boracay, you just have to be patient to look.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mariellovesthebeach

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'll start with the positive first. The location of Hey Jude Resort is at Station 2 right smack in the famous D'Mall of Boracay. Just a few stones throw away from the beach and wonderful restaurants like Aria, Lemon Cafe, Smoke Grill, Valhalla, Epic, Halowich and Hobbit House that make Boracay's food famous.

The hotel provides the basic needs of a traveller- clean and decent rooms with hot and cold shower. The resort though needs some basic renovation and improvements because the ceiling in my room's veranda (yes some rooms have private verandas) have some leaks. The sheets too need some change specially the comforters which were rough and clumpy. Bathroom is small but clean with hot and cold shower.

The service is so so, carrying of bags to and from the room upon check-out. Depository of bags is also allowed, you just need to ask the front desk. Lounge area in the lobby is also okay, has decent wifi service and couch.

All in all, Hey Jude could be great if the owner decides to renovate and do a facelift on the resort. But for now, its okay. Location is what makes them bookable.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the first or second floor so you won't have trouble going up and down the stairs...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leydelossantos
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our barkada stayed there about four years ago. At that time, I felt the price was quite high compared with other resorts and considering that there the place have no amenities. We just got the room with no breakfast because the breakfast add on was expensive (can't remember the exact price). The rooms though are nice and looks more like a hotel and not a resort. But really! You're in a beach and you won't be staying in the room anyway.

The best part really though is its location. It's a few steps to the D'mall, the local market, a grocery (where you can get snacks and beer cheaper instead of drinking outside), the souvenir shops, and the tricycle station (if you're going to stations 1 and 3, or going to/from the pier). Basically, its in the center of Station 2!

On hind sight, I would just find a cheaper resort within the area if I get back to Boracay. I believe you can get the same rates and same room types in other bigger, more beautiful resorts. I'll just use the money for the expensive activities (island hopping, snorkeling)

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd flr rooms. The first floor room opens on the common walkway, so it can get quite noi...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

we stayed here last april 2012. our first visit to boracay. the location is good because it is near to the beach and D'Mall, just a minute or two of walking. the entrance and appearance outside of the hotel is good enough (looks above average) for a beach style inn. the rooms are clean, but bathroom is small but clea,n and has good brown & white color as the motif (this is what i like and looking for in any hotel because it feels relaxing to stay and homey). the bed is nice (firm enough) but the pillows, bedsheet, white towels are old and need to be changed. the dining tables during breakfast are just plain white plastic monoblock, it suggest that they'd use wood tables and chairs, like painted with brown. self service instant coffee on the side table (better if brewed coffee). if you'd like to visit boracay to experience the beauty for a cheaper budget, this is ok, like group of friends. but for couples or lovers who wishes to have memorable 1st visit, i would suggest look for more options. it just happened that our promo trip included this hotel, though satisfactory but not outstanding hotel, i enjoyed our stay because i am with my lovely wife who made our stay so special.

Room Tip: i think the rooms at ground floor is better because the wifi signal is at its strongest and rooms ar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ALEXcomaya
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had hesitations about staying at D'mall because of the potential noise and crowd but Hey Jude! changed all that. Near enough to wine and dine yet secluded enough for a bit of me time. Rooms are clean and spacious. Bathroom and balcony are quite small but sufficient. Beds are firm enough but pillows are too thin. Breakfast is so so but the bottomless coffee makes up for it(wish it were brewed though). Definitely wouldn't mind staying here again for group trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank stargazerManila
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I will try to be very objective about my review, but I really hated my stay in Hey Jude! I've stayed in backpacker's inns and mid-range hotels, but this was the absolute WORST!

Ok, on the up-side:
-- Good location, right by D'Mall

On the down-side:

-- The bathroom smelled really bad, like a hospital. Smelled fishy, rusty and air was stale in general. We had to request someone to spray air freshener which came 20 minutes after.
-- Stupid air conditioner barely released any air. We would wake up in the middle of the night SWEATING. Everytime we asked for it to be fixed, they would just turn the unit on and off, then they'll tell us to wait til it cools-- to no avail!
-- Air conditioner dripped into the bed and left unsightly stains on the wall.
-- Sliding door to the balcony always went out of it's rail
-- MOSQUITOS, lots of them!!! To the point that we were playing a game of who killed the most mosquitos in one sitting
-- Bed cover looked very old and dowdy
-- No elevator (we were on the third floor)
-- They have no drinking water when the kitchen closes at night. I asked the receptionist because I was to drink medicine, but she just dismissed me and said kitchen's closed.

Et le piece de resistance--

Their kitchen staff is the WORST EVER! For 3 straight days, they would mix up my breakfast order, like give me bacon instead of fish or mango juice instead of pineapple. Understandably, there were just 4 of them tending to 20 of us, but what really annoyed me was that the waiter actually went all out to argue with me and insist that they were just following my order (instead of simply apologizing). The exchange lasted for 5 minutes, and they just won't admit their fault so I just headed out.

I brought the issue up with front desk and asked for the manager to be informed about their rude kitchen staff. The next day, I was met with frowns and a rude stare from the waiter. They had a proper order sheet but I asked my friends to take note while I gave my order. True to form, they mixed up my order again!

After our last breakfast, I was told by my friend that one of the kitchen staff approached him the previous day to complain why I had to raise my issue to the front desk. Which annoyed me all the more because they should react constructively to criticism instead of being defensive.

Word of advice to the folks at Hey Jude, please get your act together! Aside from fixing your facilities, please work on training your staff to be accommodating and competent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
12  Thank AdaTheExplorer
Reviewed April 27, 2012

True to my office mate's word, Hey! Jude was right off d*mall. Although the room was small and on the fourth floor (which we did not mind), it was clean and comfortable. The sheets were crisp & towels were fresh-smelling. Its perfect location is ideal for travellers who like to shop, wine & dine. Staff is accommodating, always making sure that our Thermos is full every day. When it's time again to head for Boracay, we'll absolutely check this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends