“Best Italian restaurant on the island”
Review of Aria Restaurant

Aria Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 322 Restaurants in Boracay
Good for: Families with children
Description: Welcome to Aria Restaurant, where traditional food meets a modern, stylish ambiance. Take a culinary journey through italy with a mouth-watering array of authentic dishes inspired by the beautiful mediterranean coast. Opened in 2003 on the sandy shores of Boracay, the Philippines' top beach destination, Aria quickly gained recognition amongst tourist and locals alike and became known for its delectable pastas, wood-fire oven baked pizzas, fresh salads, delicious main courses, seasonal recipes and its cozy setting. Offering everything from seafood to poultry as well as vegetable to meats, there is surely something in Aria's menu for everyone. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Most of the people who have been to Boracay will be quick to point out that Aria is a must-visit. I have to agree, especially after tasting their salad, pizza and pasta. I had the Fettucine Nere, which is a black kind of pasta with a creamy sauce because it's under the Chef's Suggestions. It did not disappoint! The dish had succulent shrimp as toppings. I am craving for it now as I write about it. This is definitely one of my must-eats when I return to Boracay. We also had pizza delivered to our room on another day. To taste a lot of different flavors, we got the Quattro Stagioni, which is one pizza with 4 different toppings. It arrived still freshly-made and hot. The crust is divine, not oily (because it's baked in a wood-fire oven) and not too hard, as well. Just the right mix of crunchiness and chewiness. Cliche as it is, I do recommend this restaurant, especially to first timers in Boracay. Your vacation on the island is simply incomplete without it. Can't wait to return!

2  Thank TravelBugBitesAgain
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed July 24, 2011

HI i'm marty varian from chicago., illinois.my friend told me to come to the philippines and told me that its a must to see boracay island and so i did last march 24,2011,Aria and Hama Japanese Cuisine are the only place that i should say fits my budget and food is divine,the staff are the greatest as a customer you like to be pampered for your money's worth right?the minute my friends and i came in Aria the staff made us feel like a big star and i'm telling you it is so important to feel that specially in a foreign country,we ordered our breakfast and "i felt like i never left home"the food was divine it was so good and also with their staff managers and waiters and waitress alike took care of us like we are the only people there,guys we really appreciate what you did to us,we will tell our friends about you, you are indeed "the best"

3  Thank ilovetee
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was my second favorite restaurant in Boracay (first was Cyma, see review there). I should begin my review by saying that I have fairly high standards for italian food. I live in central Europe and spend a significan't amount of time in Italy. That being said, I don't expect to find the same quality of Italian food in the Philippines that I find in Tuscany or Umbria or Piemonte. I really enjoyed the appetizer platter (olive tapenade, peppers, caprese, etc. served with pizza bread) and they have good salads, although their salads are not quite the entree size as can be found at Cyma. The penne arrabiata had good flavor, but the sauce was a bit watery and the pasta overcooked. Service and locationi were both great, and wine selection and prices were decent enough. Overall recommended.

1  Thank SBrady
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We ate here last year and ordered a calzone and fetuccini amatriciana. The calzone was not worth mentioning, but the amatriciana was spectacular. Generous portion and home-made pasta at it's best. So naturally we went back exactly 1 year after to order the same amatriciana and an oven-cooked fish entree. Both were good, just not great. More disappointing is that the pasta wasn't as good as we remembered it. Considering Aria prices and the vast selection of rests in the area, it wasn't good value.

2  Thank All_Day_Dreamer
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I've been to Boracay quite a number of times and Aria's always been a staple restaurant for me. I can't leave the island without eating there. I've ordered a whole lot of different things from their menu. Most of which, do not disappoint. Aria serves the most authentic Italian cuisine you can get on the island.

My mom, brother and I dined in Aria at our very first night. It was Holy Week and the place was packed. Luckily we managed to find seats, we were all really hungry when we made it there which explains why I don't have photos of my food. Initially, I wanted to order my absolute Aria favorite: the squid ink pasta. I excitedly gave my order to the waitress only to find out that they had run out. I was severely disappointed only because that, my friends, is the best squid ink pasta EVER. I mean, seriously. It's the best and if you have the chance to ever eat there, that is what you should order. Getting over 'what could have been', I decided to settle for pesto. It was a safe choice but I was in the mood for it. My brother was smart and ordered the white truffle pasta with parma ham. My mom was just hungry so she got the bolognese. Apart from all this, we got the beef carpaccio for appetizer which was amazing. Order it.

On to the pasta. I can't say much about the pesto and the bolognese. They were both good but at the same time I don't feel the need to review them because they are really safe dishes. I really enjoyed that the pesto was nutty and had texture, it isn't the usual green mush you can buy in glass bottles in the supermarket. This means that they freshly grind their nuts and basil. Lovely. My brother's tartufo was the best among all three, hands down. It was packed with that lovely truffle flavor, you know they didn't scrimp on their ingredients. Completely worth it, the parma ham serving was generous as well and the dish was wonderful. Also, the noodles were al dente and the serving size was perfect (we have huge appetites). I still wish they had my squid ink pasta though. :( Next time.

-------

On a completely different day, we were walking through D'mall and it was piping hot. We passed Aria again and all the gelato looked appetizing. There is a gelato kiosk right next to the restaurant. Being on 'diet mode', I decided not to get a cup of gelato. My mom did anyway, highly doubting that I would be able to keep my self restraint. She ordered a cup of avocado gelato and oh my was it heavenly. I hate to be cheesy on account of ice cream but really, it was so good. I have photographic proof of how good this was. My brother was able to capture my face in jpeg. It's so good. It adequately captured the creamy flavor as well as the texture of an actual avocado fruit. Do yourself a favor on a hot summer day and try it.

3  Thank antidroid