“PERFECT”

Ranked #122 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Everett wash
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

I went with my future wife our "Honeymoon practice" :)
It was worth the long flight to get there , came from the States
The room great service outstanding ,even when my card was declined by my banks mistake they were very kind in waiting until I could contact my bank and settle the issue
When we return and I know we shall I can asure you we shall stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerald1957

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taiwan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

I have reviewed this hotel once before and tried in vain to resolve some issues with them.

My issue is with being overcharged by 24% upon arrival. The hotel do not mention additional charges based on paying with a credit card and exchanging the US dollar that they quote the room charge in at a rate very different to the one on display at reception. My charge based on the displayed exchange rate should have been 42699 peso but the hotel decided to change the rate and then add 7% taking my room charge to 53125 peso. Thankfully I had the credit limit on my card. Can you imagine the embarassment this could cause a guest if they did not have the credit limit to cover this. The hotel is wrong for not informing guests of these charges before their arrival and taking a rather unsympathetic approach when the guest is there at reception facing a sudden unexpected rise of 24% on their bill.

I tried twice to resolve this issue with the hotel and I got one responce only saying sorry for the inconvenience. No attempt to refund me in full or part for the unethical overcharging I was submitted to.

They quote that they will use my experience to look at their working practises. I think many people will agree that this is not enough and that I am more than within my rights to be refunded the money based on the fact I was not informed in advance by way of email or even the availability of small print to read.

The hotel only contacted me following my previous review and I'm now hoping that they will stand up and accept that they were wrong and put things right by reading this review of their lack of professionalism in handling my issues.

Why do I have to resort to writing a review to get a response, why do they not just reply to my emails.

I want answers to know why the extra charges were applied
I want to know how they justify them
I want to know why there is no prior notification of the imposed charges
I want to know how and when they are going to return the 10426 peso they owe me.
Sorry is not enough!!!

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Checking in and finding out the sudden un-notified price increase
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Taiwan99

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

southfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

My wife and I flew from Domestic Airport on Asian Spirit Airlines to Caticlan. Once we landed the Escort from the Grand Vista met us at the Airport and took us to the boat jetty and guided us to the island and then to our hotel. Once at the hotel the staff was on had to met and greet us, and to present each of us with a "nice shell necklace" and then a member of the staff presented us with our arrival drinks. After Check-in the staff escorted us to our room. The ROOM WAS SIMPLY STUNNING AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The room that was given to us to stay in was "the Grand View Pool suite"..larger than the Honeymoon Suite that i thought we would stay in. This was a wonderful
surprise!!!!! the View from the room is stunning and we were able to see the sun set each night. I have included pic's of the room. The hotel is very well run, and the staff is very courteous and professional.
The pool in the "Grand View Suite" is large and the pool is about 1 1/2
meters deep. The staff on request will clean the pool for u. The restaurant serves breakfast and dinner only. They charge a "delivery Fee" if u want to eat in your room and not at the restaurant. The hotel has a shuttle service for guest that runs every hour to "D'Mall"(9:15 to 10:15pm). If there are other parts of the island guest want to visit, simply inform the staff and they will reserve vehicle to take u wherever u want to go.
Since this was the low season the Hotel did not have many guest, which was ok for my wife and i, since this was our honeymoon. If u want a very romantic hotel in boracay, the Grand vista is the place to be.
Our plane left at 7:15 am august 3rd. So we had to check out at 5am. The hotel prepared a "Carry-out" breakfast for us to take to the airport!!!! very thoughtful!!! I really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and boracay, we went "atv" riding, island hoping, i took my wife shopping and more shopping. We ate at the different restaurants on the island

• Liked — quiet, and the view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cmc6549