“Great for a Family Holiday - Away from the Hustle and Bustle of Boracay.”

Alta Vista de Boracay
Ranked #54 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Sydney, Australia
“Great for a Family Holiday - Away from the Hustle and Bustle of Boracay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the loft type room and there was more than enough space for the 6 of us. Excellent service was provided by all the staff. Breakfast was a bit repetitive, but good enough for the price as it was already included in the already very good room rates.

The beauty of this hotel is that it is away from the busy side of Boracay, so you can relax and just enjoy your time with your family, but at the same time, close enough that you can still experience the wild parties Boracay is known for with the frequent bus services they have going to D'Mall.

I would recommend Alta Vista De Boracay to any family wanting big rooms, good service and most of all, peace and quiet, which can be a bit hard to find in Boracay.

Room Tip: Request for a room that is closest to the club house, unless you fancy a hike everytime you need to...
1 Thank macpao87
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Macpao87,

We are indeed glad that you and your family had a fantastic stay in the hotel. You are indeed correct that in Alta Vista, you still wont miss the fun and the same time enjoy the peace and quiet of nature. We both offers the luxury of peace and rhythm of music in place you can call home.

Our services and facilities helps us achieve this making sure that our guest indeed have a wonderful stay in Boracay.

We will look forward on your next stay with us

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Clean spacious room with 2 double beds and 2 sofa beds. Able to accommodate up to 6 people so would be great for families or if traveling with a group of friends. Very convenient shuttle services that brings us to and fro from the hotel to D'mall with hotel staff at the D'mall pick up point to ensure all hotel guests get to board the shuttle in an orderly fashion.

Buffet breakfast had a fair selection although I must say the dinner we had at their in-house restaurant was extremely disappointing. The food served was lukewarm at best. The carbonara pasta we ordered came in a cold congealed heap. Unappetizing and not satisfying at all after a whole day of traveling.

Had free Wifi in the common areas of the hotel but had to pay a rather costly fee to access Wifi in the hotel room itself. This was definitely a minus point since most hotels these days provide Wifi in the rooms without extra charge.

Otherwise, staff were friendly and helpful, always greeting guests with a smile on their faces. Also very helpful in giving recommendations when we were looking to do some beach activities.

If you would like to enjoy your stay away from the more congested areas, would recommend Alta Vista

Room Tip: Request for a unit nearer to the main hotel lobby if you want less of a walk to the pool or restaura...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank casse_lim
Dear Casselim,

Thank you for bringing us your concerns. We are already looking on this and rest assured that we will do something to meet your needs.

We are still glad that you had a beautiful stay in the resort. On your next visit, I will be personally happy to assist you.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My first time in Boracay and my family and I stayed in Alta Vista; best decision we ever made! Everything about Alta Vista, I like. Big, comfy rooms and bed, free shuttle services, good choices on the breakfast buffet, exclusive access to Puka Beach, extremely friendly staff and most of all, the resort is AWAY from the busy Stations 1, 2 & 3!! Going back to Boracay next year and YES, Alta Vista is on top of the list of contenders. Honestly, I don't mind staying there again.

2 Thank Jocelyn V
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Jocelyn,

I am deeply touched by your never ending praises. Indeed we are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and considering of coming back to us again next year. We will be looking forward to see you and your family on your next visit. Thank you very much

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My pleasant stay here although a short one was made poor by an individual from the hotel. I would like to give credit specially to Arie the Hotel Manager who was very attentive and Bonbon the attendant from Puka Beach and the very friendly shuttle drivers. My bad experience happened when I was about to board the shuttle - the driver told me to sit in front and when I was on my way, this lady suddenly tried to get ahead of me and said in Filipino 'My tummy is aching already and I need to go now!' in a rude manner - she must have assumed I don't understand Filipino - I gave her the eye but let it go and I just went to the back part of the shuttle - she then went to the back as well and sat beside me and was throwing a fit. I was not able to get her name but I overheard that she is the F&B Manager - a little bit on the stout side (her day off was on Sunday 8/25/13).

It would have been a really pleasant trip except for her. Sad how 1 person can ruin a delightful holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mmmluakian
Dear Mmmluakian,

When I learned about this incident, I immediately conducted an investigation and spoke to the person you were referring to. This case is now being handled by our Human Resources officer. I am still glad that despite this particular incident, you still enjoyed the rest of the facility and services the hotel is offering. Thank you for your beautiful words and I am still looking forward to see you and your family in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Alta Vista is one of the most expensive resorts in Boracay Island. Yes, it's expensive but it's all worth your every peso. From the shuttle service to and from the hotel, nice, spacious room, infinity pool to the buffet breakfast - more than what you can ask for.
Aircon Shuttle service - they have a representative at the Budgetmart in D'mall to assist you. Very punctual. Very nice driver :)
Room - 2 big beds inside a very spacious room with mini kitchen and veranda overlooking the resort, pool and ocean. You'd want to wake up to this every morning :)
Toilet & bath - im very particular with this one. Complete toiletries, bath tub, fresh white fluffy towels, and of course hot & cold shower and a hair blower. You're pampered here :)
The pool is just awesome. I wanted to swim there and take pictures in it the whole time!
Breakfast - did I mention its buffet? *burp*
If I can, I'd stay here for a week. I love this place!

• Stayed October 2012
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Binabanesa,

Your kind words inspires everyone of us here in the hotel to do better and make sure that all our guests gets full satisfaction and worth of their money.

Thank you and we are looking forward to see you in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Location is not a big deal because they have shuttle bus every hour to bring you to the town centre.However,the big disappoinment is the quality of their food. I woudn't recommend it to any tourist. I am from the same local area, and i apologize for cooking better than their chef.!!!In a very few menus to choose from, they could have atleast made it sure that the food is warm all the time. Otherwise, i don't have problems with the rest of the staffs. Reception staff were great..

2 Thank Jeniveve I
Dear Jenivive,

I have spoken to my executive chef and raised your concerns. We are seriously considering issues like this and definitely will be doing investigations to check on your comments.

I am also glad that you also enjoyed the other services and facilities we have in the hotel. I hope you can visit us again and check on the improvement we have on the drawing board. Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Taipei, Taiwan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was booking the room on "Booking .com" for four nights, the room is not belong to the Alta Hotel, it's for private apartment,so the nanny won't clean the room often,the room was full of dusty everywhere, after over the first night, my family all feel inch on the skin and many little rash on our body, I was complain to the Alta Hotel, but they couldn't help,because the apartment is for personal, it's really the worst accommodation in Boracay,there is even no two water bottle for service, the nanny was never smile, I wrote email to the homeowner, but he didn't reply, don't stay here, it's really worse because no any hotel service, just like orphan!
千萬別訂這間飯店的閣樓房,因為閣樓房不屬於飯店所有,而是私人出租公寓,因此管家不會常常打掃保持乾淨,房間到處都是塵蟎,第一晚過後,我們全家因為被單不乾淨,全身起紅疹,投訴飯店櫃台,飯店說那是私人公寓不屬於飯店,我寫email給屋主,屋主完全不回應,只能請私人管家來打掃,她從頭到尾沒笑過,始終板著臉,這次是最不愉快的住宿,房間連二瓶礦泉水都沒有,住在這像孤兒!

Room Tip: Booking the room by Alta Vista hotel directly, not booking by "Booking .Com",it's not...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dwekellywu
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Dwekellywu,

It was very unfortunate that you stay in Boracay did not create memorable memories. You are indeed correct. The unit where you stayed does not belong to the hotel pool. It is a unit/room being rented out by the unit owner to individuals who would like to stay in Boracay and using the Booking.com reservation portal. Alta Vista de Boracay has nothing to do with units like this as the owner opted not to enroll it to the hotel pool. I have sent your complaints to the unit owner and I will definitely follow this up and raise your issues.
On your next visit, please do not hesitate to book directly to the hotel through our website or call us at 0036 2889888 and we will be willing to give you a good room rate.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.