“Some nice amenities but really bad food”

Alta Vista de Boracay
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Not the best experience. Food was really bad and half of our group were very ill during our stay here. Breakfast was dire simply put food from last night served up. I told them not to reheat rice in particular but my advice fell on deaf ears. If you like chips and rice with left over meat and veg from last night for your breakfast your in the right place. Very disappointing all this and I won't be back.
They charged me straight away 1000 P per person for the boat trip I was not happy about this as I saw signs at the port for 200 P per person.
Only fair to state the positves... regular bus into town and beach. They said Puka beach private but it's not. I was mobbed soon as I got to the beach I bought a few small trinkets just to get rid of them. Rough sea here and you can't really swim here as dangerous currents so be careful here.
Got ripped off repeatedly at white beach so beware and settle soon as you receive your order. Don't run up a tab anywhere. At white beach the worst case was a bill for 4015 P when the actual bill was 1504 P so be very careful!
Nice rooms at hotel nothing special though. No smiles from staff at reception they always looked miserable but other staff very helpful and friendly. Pool is good though but they ran out of towels regular and very limited loungers I never actually got one. Happy when we left so yes very poor experience and certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the reception area so you don't have to walk to far for transport Hotel Bus...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JudgeLeigh
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Judge Leigh,

It is very saddening that you did not fully enjoyed your stay in Boracay. I have personally noted your concerns about the food and in fact I have discussed this already with the kitchen staff. Re heating of food and recycling is never a practice in our hotel.

Your concern about the transportation charge of P200 is good only for the local shuttle service from the port area to the hotel. This does not include yet the port and terminal fees and the boat fee. I have also noted your concern about the front desk staff and will definitely act on this.

Thank you very much for the feedback as we indeed give high priority for things like this to learn and improve our services.We are hoping you could give us the chance to serve you better the next time .

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I found the place to be really welcoming, warm, and friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the sound of roosters in the morning sitting outside on the balcony with good views. It is away from the hustle and crowded areas, the shuttle was easy to use, although we road the tricycle half of the time for fun. The breakfast was good and very affordable. My cousin booked the loft room for 6 of us, perfect size for us!! I really recommend this place

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay O

Dear Jay O,

I personally would like to thank you for writing your feedback about your stay with us. We are happy that you had a great stay.

We will be looking forward to see you again and your friends in the near future. We are glad that you will be recommending us to your friends.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've stayed here during 12/28 till 12/30, our flight arrived in late night so the hotel has arranged airport picking up for us. The service here is good enough, but the food is terrible... I'm not sure if most hotel food there is the same, the breakfast buffet lets me down... serioursly, I just need some toasts and coffee to wake me up but they are all bad. Anyway, the view and the enviroment is really great for the one who is seeking a quiet and relaxing place. We LOVE the pool, amazing view from the pool, you may see the surrounding mountains and the sea (far away). The loft is large enough for 4ppl to stay comfortably and the room is clean. The shuttle bus is actually really conveinent (till 12am) even though it might take 15mins to get to the white beach. I can feel that the staffs are doing their best to make each guests feel like home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jing Y

Dear Jing Y,

Thank you for writing your review during your stay with us. We will be looking seriously on it and definitely will be given immediate solutions to remedy the concerns.

We are glad to hear you had a very relaxing stay.

We will be looking forward to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Managere

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in loft room in December. I booked this place as it was peak season and most other places were booked however I am glad we did. Location is perfect, away from the hustle and bustle of white beach, yet with the free shuttle to and from d'mall it is very easy to access white beach. The rooms are spacious, there is a balcony, microwave, kettle, bathtub, big tv, bed was ok. The staff are amazing, they do anything to assist you including making additional trips to d'mall or puka beach, making recommendations about where to eat etc. the shuttle is well organised from the hotel, d'mall and puka beach. the infinity pool is great, clean and nice views. Food and drinks at the hotel were ok. Would definitely book here again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Lucyluuu,

What a way to start the new year with good and comforting words from your enjoyable stay with us. We are truly happy that you had a wonderful stay.

This will inspire us to start the year with a bang and delight our future guests.

Thank you and will be looking forward to see you again in the hotel.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We just spent 3 days there 26-29 December and the hotel just cannot cope when it's full. There are 500 rooms here - meaning more than 1000 people trying to have breakfast every morning, many of the bain marie trays for eggs/omelettes were empty and looked dirty as the staff cannot keep up with demand to produce more. The breakfast experience is similar to that of a train station - far from peaceful. The food is also below par for this standard of hotel. We did do 1 lunch there and the local food was good.

The location is ok, they have access to a private beach (Puka Beach - which is amazing) shared with a few other hotels, you need to book transport to get there 1 hour in advance & cannot walk there. Free wifi in the lobby & surrounding areas but quite expensive in the rooms.

The place has 17 buildings set around the grounds so it can be a bit of a hike getting to the rooms, no lifts in any building for those who don't like stairs. They have hourly free shuttle to the D'mall area, but often at night we had to wait for 20-30 mins to get back as they didn't operate enough shuttles to accommodate everyone.

There are no block out blinds in the rooms just see through material which is very annoying when the bright daylight sun comes out.

Sadly most of the problems we encountered were due to poor management or lack of care.

For the price we paid we expected much much more - only worth it if you get a great deal in low season or don't mind an average place for a high price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ddv73
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here with my wife back in October. Our room was a loft and had a great view of Fairways and Bluewater, the mountains, the ocean, and the sunrise. The room was adequate and can easily accommodate a family of 3 or 4. It's always windy out in the balcony but a great to place to just relax and enjoy the view.

The hotel has a small infinity pool and has a cozy coffeeshop with a decent menu. They have a breakfast buffet where they serve this delicious European bread so go to the buffet early.

The bonus for staying here is access to Puka beach which was recommended by one of the staff in the coffeeshop. This is the real Boracay beach - peaceful, clean, great waves, and makes you feel like you're in heaven.

If you're looking for a peaceful retreat, this is the resort to go to.

Room Tip: Get the golf course view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cannonguy
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just came back home from my holidays and i want to share my experience with all of you! first of all this resort doesnt have free wifi in the rooms only in the loby and restaurant dont mention is a big resort so if you not close to the loby then bad lack secondly the rooms dont have mini bar you have to pay extra 2000 pesos for to just put it in to your room! Beds are no the best and if you have a room that gets hit from the sun then everyday you will wake up at 6:20 am cause no blinds and the curtins doesnt do nothing and last is that most of the stuff there ,there english are not good!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends